Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Paint Your Wagon IMHO

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-05, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint Your Wagon IMHO

I'm enjoying my copy of Paint Your Wagon that arrived today and thinking how great it was to purchase it for only $7.78 from DDD. Clint Eastwood was so young. I've forgotten how cute he was when he made this movie. Puts me in mind of his Rowdy Yates days.

I've missed seeing Lee Marvin too. This is my 2nd favoritve Marvin movie, the first being Cat Ballou.

I'm a musical comedy fan from way back and even though Clint and Marvin are not singers by any stretch of the term, there's something to be said for them doing their own crooning. For real singers, you can't beat Harve Presnell and for sheer beauty, Jean Seberg shines.

Don't watch it expecting to see Dirty Harry. Or even John Wayne. It's a delightful piece of musical fluff.....designed with entertainment in mind. It reminds me of Seven Brides For Seven Brothers.....another one of my favorites.
Old 06-25-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Actually Clint has done some singing in the past. He cut some tracks for Cameo-Parkway in the early '60s. In 1961 he released an album titled "Rawhide's Clint Eastwood Sings Cowboy Favorites" too. He even had a couple minor hits with "Rowdy" and "Burning Bridges." He's written a lot of songs from in his films and has even been featured on a few country songs.
Old 06-25-05, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by joliom
Actually Clint has done some singing in the past. He cut some tracks for Cameo-Parkway in the early '60s. In 1961 he released an album titled "Rawhide's Clint Eastwood Sings Cowboy Favorites" too. He even had a couple minor hits with "Rowdy" and "Burning Bridges." He's written a lot of songs from in his films and has even been featured on a few country songs.
Gosh, I didn't know most of that........ I knew about Bar Room Buddies".... but I'd forgotten. Hmmm I guess he's one of those DO-IT-ALL guys....

The worst thing he ever did was get mixed up with that old bug-eyed girl... although I did enjoy Brono Billy somewhat........