DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Kids In The Hall: Season Three -- Available for Pre-Order

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kids In The Hall: Season Three -- Available for Pre-Order

From TV Shows On DVD:

"Wondering where Kids in the Hall season 3 is? Wonder no more - it's shipping on June 24, just a few days away! This is the special preorder directly from Broadway Video which includes a special Gavin "TV Rots Your Brain Like Crack Cocaine" trucker hat - not available in stores!

The DVD includes all 20 episodes from the third season (the last to air on HBO), along with 2 "best of" episodes which include commentary from The Kids. Look for more unseen sketches from their early days, a slide show, bios and more.

The set is available for preorder now (shipping on 6/24) for $59.99 - 4 months before the retail release.

Order it from KidsintheHall.com"

They also have cover art there, as well as a picture of the hat. No specific date for when it'll be in stores, but four months = October. Personally, I do want my Kids In The Hall DVD fix (it's been a year or so since Season 2, after all) as soon as possible, but, if I recall, it was around $70-something with shipping for S2, and after the Deep Discount sale....

Although I greatly appreciate the effort put into these sets, in my opinion, I'd just like them to be released normally right away instead of the website-only sales. I love KITH, but I may just wait the four months.
Old 06-22-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Skoobooz
Although I greatly appreciate the effort put into these sets, in my opinion, I'd just like them to be released normally right away instead of the website-only sales. I love KITH, but I may just wait the four months.
Consider it marked down on my list for the next DDD sale.
Old 06-22-05, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I was willing to preorder from the KITH website when the first season came out to show that there was a viable market demand for the show. However, I would have hoped the following seasons would have been released normally. I waited for the 2nd season to be available everywhere and I shall do the same for the rest of them.
Old 06-22-05, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm waiting on this one like I did with Season 2. I love the sets but the price is too rich for my blood when I can wait a bit and save some cash.
Old 06-22-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Im going to wait also. Its a little too much to ask to pay an extra 20+ bucks for something that you can get a few months later for less. I am excited that they are finally releasing it though. Here's hoping we see all 5 sets soon.
Old 06-22-05, 04:26 PM
Suspended

Yeah, I'd rather wait until the next DDD sale and get it for $28.
Old 06-29-05, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Does anyone have this set? If you do could you give a brief review of it?
Old 06-29-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you have s1 and 2, you don't really need a review. It's more of the same, which is definitely not a bad thing. If anything the comedy is more polished. Extras are probably on par with the last two seasons.

Anyway, I'll save my $20-30 and wait for the store release of this one. I have tons of unwatched dvds to keep me busy until then.
Old 06-30-05, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bobbin
Yeah, I'd rather wait until the next DDD sale and get it for $28.
Agreed.
Old 08-15-05, 11:40 PM
Cool New Member

Dragging a thread back from the dead to ask - how long after S2 was released on the KITH page did it become available elsewhere? I'm dying for season 3, but $60US is pretty damn expensive, especially since I have no interest in the hat. I just don't seem to recall taking 1 & 2 this long to show up... I need a fix, dammit!
Old 08-16-05, 08:22 AM
Cool New Member

October 25th.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3911
Old 08-16-05, 05:51 PM

From http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3911

SRP stays the same, $59.99, but you can expect retailers to discount it quite a bit
Anybody know what the discount may be? Will we still have to wait for a price drop on this?
Old 08-16-05, 06:05 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks, guys - I was searching Amazon and the like just assuming that they'd have it up for pre-order, seeing as everything else goes up so early.