Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Carol and Mike Brady - bad parents?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-05, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Carol and Mike Brady - bad parents?

I grew up on the Brady Bunch, and watching their family dynamic I thought Mr & Mrs Brady were doing a good job with six kids. After all, they were well behaved, considerate, conscience of their faults, ready to help one another, etc. Nice kids, in a nutshell.

However, I guess Mr & Mrs Brady didn't prepare their kids for the real world. This is perhaps most evident in looking at Mr & Mrs Brady's grandchildren. It seems that neither Greg, Peter, Bobby, Marcia, Jan, & Cindy could control or raise their own children to be respectful or well behaved. They were a bunch of wild banchees! (see A Very Brady Christmas and various other sequels.)

What went wrong? Was it lack of chores? I mean, not one of those kids had to clear off the table or wash any of the dishes - they had Alice the goddamn maid doing all that. They didn't have to make their beds. Maybe they had to take turns taking out the garbage. Maybe they had to clean out the garage. They had no lawn to mow - it was afro turf.

Perhaps Mr & Mrs Brady were lucky to have six well behaved children - the original show was said by many to be "beyond reality" - and it is possible that in the real world, Gregpeterbobbymarciajancindy would have been as bad as their own kids would turn out to be.
Old 06-21-05, 09:24 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well when the kids are all having sex with one another I think there is a problem. And I think it HOT!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-05, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Their children were well behaved because Mr. Brady beat them. Alice too. A lot. I've never seen a guy go through belts so fast.
Old 06-21-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well, there was the episode when Peter was discovered sucking Buddy Hinton's dick in the school's locker room.
Old 06-21-05, 01:05 PM

They had no lawn to mow - it was afro turf.
I think you mean Astro turf.
Old 06-21-05, 01:11 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Well, there was the episode when Peter was discovered sucking Buddy Hinton's dick in the school's locker room.
really!? I must have missed that episode
Old 06-21-05, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They weren't so well behaved as far as I could recall. I even remember an episode where Bobby prostituted Cindy for only fifty cents. When your little brother is pimping you to his school yard friends, something is disfunctional in that familiy.
Old 06-21-05, 05:24 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by msulinski
I think you mean Astro turf.
Racist
Old 06-21-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm a big fan of the episode where Jan starts shooting heroin in the toolshed as Marcia started having sex with the guy Jan had a huge crush on. And did Carol and Mike do anything about it? No, it was Greg who helped out, took Jan to rehab, and sold the left over heroin on the black market so he could go down to the local whorehouse and get laid under his alias Johnny Bravo.
Old 06-21-05, 05:39 PM

I dont think thats based on a real episode. Unlike Bobby pimping out Cindy for 50 cents, which I think kinda happened.

D
Old 06-21-05, 05:52 PM

Those Brady kids were bad. Bobby tore a whole in the convertible roof with an umbrella. Peter smashed a family heirloom with a basketball(mom always said "don't play ball in the house"). Greg(?) threw a football at Marsha's nose.

And the dad....well...now we know what he was doing locked up in his workroom all the time.
Old 06-21-05, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by John-In-VA
Those Brady kids were bad. Bobby tore a whole in the convertible roof with an umbrella. Peter smashed a family heirloom with a basketball(mom always said "don't play ball in the house"). Greg(?) threw a football at Marsha's nose.
Don't for get the attempt to get Mr Brady fired by 'forgetting' the plans on a ride at the amusement park.

They tried to cause a curse outbreak in Hawaii & in a deleted scene, tricked Alice into looking 'way down' into the Grand Canyon when they almost shoved her over.
Old 06-21-05, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
I'm still in therapy over the "Cindy and Tiger are bad" episode....
Old 06-21-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Derrich
I dont think thats based on a real episode. Unlike Bobby pimping out Cindy for 50 cents, which I think kinda happened.

D

Kinda happened? It did happen. Cindy couldn't get a boyfriend, so Bobby paid a friend fifty cents to take Cindy out. He pimped his own sister. Sicko.
Old 06-21-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Let's not forget the antichrist - Cousin Oliver.
Old 06-22-05, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Kinda happened? It did happen. Cindy couldn't get a boyfriend, so Bobby paid a friend fifty cents to take Cindy out. He pimped his own sister. Sicko.
Crap, is that how it works? The pimp is supposed to pay ME to spend some time with his women? Man, I've been getting ripped off. I should have had Bobby as my pimp.
Old 06-22-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by badger1997
Crap, is that how it works? The pimp is supposed to pay ME to spend some time with his women? Man, I've been getting ripped off. I should have had Bobby as my pimp.
Wait, I think you're right...didn't Bobby accept the fifty cents from some kid who wanted to take Cindy out? It's been a while since I saw the episode. I know Bobby was straight pimpin' in that episode. He had to have taken the money.
Old 06-22-05, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No, it was definitely Bobby who gave Tommy Jamison (why do I know his name off the top of my head?) a Kennedy half-dollar to pretend to like Cindy.
Old 06-22-05, 03:37 PM

Don't forget- at the end of the episode, Tommy Jameson gave the half-dollar back to Bobby because he really liked playing with Cindy and didn't need to be paid to play with her... all together now: aaawwwww how sweet!
Old 06-22-05, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Tommy Jameson - Male Prostitute
Old 06-23-05, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Not to mention that Bobby was a pool shark.

Greg wastes taxpayer resources by faking UFO sightings and causing an investigation by the air force.

The kids terrorize Alice into thinking the house is haunted and smashing Mrs. Brady's sculpture.

Peter breaks a vase and all the kids lie about it.

Cindy is a tattletale.

Bobby floods the house with soap suds.

Good kids, bah!
Old 06-23-05, 10:36 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

okay guys... stop ... please... I am trying not to laugh outloud here at work.

I'm a big fan of the episode where Jan starts shooting heroin in the toolshed as Marcia started having sex with the guy Jan had a huge crush on. And did Carol and Mike do anything about it? No, it was Greg who helped out, took Jan to rehab, and sold the left over heroin on the black market so he could go down to the local whorehouse and get laid under his alias Johnny Bravo. - Matthew Chmiel

And the dad....well...now we know what he was doing locked up in his workroom all the time. - John-in-VA

They tried to cause a curse outbreak in Hawaii & in a deleted scene, tricked Alice into looking 'way down' into the Grand Canyon when they almost shoved her over. - resinrats

Let's not forget the antichrist - Cousin Oliver. - Charlie Goose

Tommy Jameson - Male Prostitute - Bill Needle
Old 06-23-05, 11:34 AM

Jan was never treated for her mild schitzophrenia after she went around wearing a wig for the couple of weeks. I guess the Brady parents decided not to splurge on filling the prescription.

There's no way Greg would've been allowed into any NCAA school after he stole the playbook from another team. He was in the middle of what would've easily been the largest sports scandal in the state.

Bobby wasnt only a pimp, he also had a pyramid scheme going by selling non-FDA approved hair products.

D
Old 06-23-05, 12:09 PM

Bobby also was into animal cruelty by combining rabbits and his non-FDA approved hair products.

Cindy was a little thief - she stole her mother's earrings and then ruined them.

She must have learned that from Greg - he stole the rival high school mascot (a goat). Who knows what really went on with Greg and the goat.

Greg also got caught with cigs in his jacket - he swore they were not his.

Bobby wanted to grow up and be a homicidal maniac/bank robber - he idolized Jesse James... or was it Billy the Kid?

Jan had a lemon fettish... she loved rubbing them on her cheeks.

Marsha used to sneak out her bedroom window late at night - she said it was to mail a letter.... yeah right!

When is Peter going to come out of the closet? His voice changing incident is just his feminine side trying to be heard. (Like father, like son?)

Let's face it, Mike and Carol Brady lived in a fantasy world thinking their kids were angels when they were really just as screwed up as their real life counterparts.
Old 06-23-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Derrich
There's no way Greg would've been allowed into any NCAA school after he stole the playbook from another team. He was in the middle of what would've easily been the largest sports scandal in the state.

D
Greg didn't steal a playbook. Jerry Rogers, from rival high school Fairview, tried to cozy up to Marcia to get close to Greg's playbook. Greg rewrote all the plays to teach him a lesson, but then tried to come clean to Jerry.

However, Greg did steal Raquel the Goat mascot from another school. It is unclear if he tried to fuck it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.