Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Um, what is up with the Farscape DVDs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Um, what is up with the Farscape DVDs?

On a lark, I decided to add Farscape season one to my Netflix queue. I remember reading something about "Starburst" editions that had four episodes per disc, but this is an 11-disc series with two per disc. Also, the disc descriptions are "Episodes 1 & 7", "Episodes 2 & 4", "Episodes 3 & 6"... what is up with this? Should I just forget it? I don't really want to have to add all that mailing time and jigger the queue around to see the episodes in order.
Old 06-19-05, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Wrong forum.
Old 06-19-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Its a Firefly situation (though Farscape was first, so really its a Farscape situation!)

Sci-Fi aired the first several episodes out of order to emphasis the action aspects of the show. When the DVD's were released, they were restored to their original intended order. So the episode number descriptions are wrong...but their actually in their proper order.

Enjoy!
Old 06-19-05, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
I have wondered this as well.
So the episode numbers are 'as shown' on TV, but they are on the DVD's in the 'proper' story [as per the creators] order?
Is it the same for the Season One Box Set, which I believe has 6 dvd cases, 4 episodes per case [I haven't opened it yet, not sure if it is 1 or 2 disks per case], I can just watch in disk order and see it as it 'should' be?
Old 06-19-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just finished S1 from Netflix, and the episode order is fine, just get the disks in disk order...great show, glad I qued it...S2 also provides a big jump in production quality.

Keep it in your list, just dont spread each disk out too much...with only two eps. per, youll be craving 2 at at time.
Old 06-20-05, 11:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
On a lark, I decided to add Farscape season one to my Netflix queue. I remember reading something about "Starburst" editions that had four episodes per disc, but this is an 11-disc series with two per disc. Also, the disc descriptions are "Episodes 1 & 7", "Episodes 2 & 4", "Episodes 3 & 6"... what is up with this? Should I just forget it? I don't really want to have to add all that mailing time and jigger the queue around to see the episodes in order.
Just buy the Starburst Editions. You get 7-8 episodes for the low price of $16. Each Starburst set comes with two double-sided discs with each side containing either 2 or 3 episodes with the second side of the second disc devoted totally to extras.
Old 06-21-05, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
Just buy the Starburst Editions. You get 7-8 episodes for the low price of $16. Each Starburst set comes with two double-sided discs with each side containing either 2 or 3 episodes with the second side of the second disc devoted totally to extras.
DDD had them for $14.99, but they're $16.61 now. I certainly hope they drop down to the original price after this sale is over.
Old 06-21-05, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
check the bargains forum, they can be had at dvdsoon for just under $10 with a coupon. I just ordered sets 2, 3 & 4. All 3 for $29.xx shipped.