Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Can someone explain the Runaway Bride story to me?

Trigger
06-17-05, 01:06 PM
I know there was a long thread about it, but I couldn't get through it. Here's what I don't get about it...

Why is it news?
Why is she in trouble (apparently with the law) for not showing up to her own wedding?

Saw a blurb on the news about it the other day - she was being led by police while wearing handcuffs and with a scarf covering her face... wtf?

General Zod
06-17-05, 01:11 PM
Brief: She was nervous about her wedding day and all the stuff she had to get done. She freaked out, and ran away to texas (after a stop in vegas). After seeing herself on the news she finally called the police and made up a story about being kidnapped. The truth is, she just freaked out because she a wacko psycho bitch.

She's in trouble for making a false statement to police. She's agreed to pay back a small fraction of the cost that the police dept. spent looking for her. Now she will make millions on a movie deal.

That sums it up.

Trigger
06-17-05, 01:13 PM
Oh - I see. thanks.

What a stupid bitch.

Still doesn't deserve to get this much attention - the Tsunami didn't get this much press.

OldDude
06-17-05, 01:21 PM
She's in trouble for making a false statement to police. She's agreed to pay back a small fraction of the cost that the police dept. spent looking for her. Now she will make millions on a movie deal.

That sums it up.

The only thing I don't understand is why anyone in Hollywood believes anyone would be interested (either pay or sit through lots of commercials) in seeing this movie. Hopefully, they lose their shirts and her deal is a percent of profits not up front money.

Mopower
06-17-05, 01:23 PM
Haven't watched the news in the past month?

Trigger
06-17-05, 01:26 PM
Haven't watched the news in the past month?
not so much, no.

calhoun07
06-17-05, 01:29 PM
Oh - I see. thanks.

What a stupid bitch.

Still doesn't deserve to get this much attention - the Tsunami didn't get this much press.

She wouldn't be getting this much attention if her family weren't so damned rich. I saw a bit of a documentary they did on her on WE and both her family and her fiance's family are pretty powerful in that town. Her family is all in law enforcement and her fiance's family are basically all doctors, so they have quite an influence. If this happened to some middle class or lower class girl, nobody would give a rat's crack.

sracer
06-17-05, 01:32 PM
Did anyone catch a videoclip of her on the news last night? She has that wide-eyed, no-blinking stare thing going on... she gave me teh heebee geebees! :wacko:

Red Dog
06-17-05, 01:33 PM
Why is it news? Because she is young, white, and has affluent background.

Groucho
06-17-05, 01:34 PM
Julia Roberts keeps agreeing to marry men, but leaves them at the altar. Her character meets her match in the form of Richard Gere. Hilarity ensues, they fall in love. The end.

calhoun07
06-17-05, 01:40 PM
Julia Roberts keeps agreeing to marry men, but leaves them at the altar. Her character meets her match in the form of Richard Gere. Hilarity ensues, they fall in love. The end.

You know, I kept on seeing "Runaway Bride" on the WE scedule whenever I checked the cable listings and I thought it was that suck ass movie. I found it was a documentary about the girl with the freaky eyes when I turned by that channel while seeing what else was on one time.

NCMojo
06-17-05, 01:42 PM
Trigger, I can't explain the Runaway Bride story to you. I can tell you the details of it... but explaining it? No, that I can't do.

das Monkey
06-17-05, 01:46 PM
Red Dog

Why is it news? Because she is young, white, and has affluent background.
Yep. The goings on of celebrities and affluent, white women ... that's what counts as "news" these days.

das

wendersfan
06-17-05, 01:47 PM
The one good thing to come of it was the Bill Maher new rule:And finally, New Rule: Don't say a woman is crazy just because she runs away from her wedding. She's crazy if she wants to spend the rest of her life servicing this goober. Now, last week when I heard that a young bride-to-be had gone missing on a jog days before her wedding, I had the same thought everyone else did: Man, that Scott Peterson is good!

Now, Americans this week have acted like the so-called "runaway bride" is crazy for skipping town rather than marrying a Sunday school teacher in Duluth, Georgia. Ah, yes, the good life: the bake sales, the prayer meetings, the abortion protests, who could just walk away from all that? How come when the girl from "Titanic" ditches her fiance, it's the greatest romance of all time, but when Jennifer Wilbanks does it, she's a "criminal loon with a case of temporary insanity"?

Temporany sanity is more like it. She was staring down the barrel of 14 bridesmaids and 600 guests in the Georgia heat watching a Baptist in a blue suit sanctify her sex life with Welch's grape juice and a reading from The Purpose-Driven Life. Suddenly, Greyhound to Vegas looked pretty good!

Jennifer, I applaud your rugged individualism. You eloped with yourself. And to Vegas! Baby, that's money! I mean, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Whereas, the woman who marries in Georgia...stays in Georgia.

Jen, you're a free spirit, I can tell. Something inside you snapped and rebelled at the idea of living in a persistent vegetative state. Which is why tonight I'd like to offer you an open invitation to come on out here. We'll even send you the $118 bus fare. First class, right behind the driver. Come on! Come on all the way over to the dark side. You can stay in my hot tub until you get back on your feet.

You're crazy and you don't care about anyone's feelings but your own. You belong in Hollywood! You're a reality show waiting to happen! Plus, there's a lot of eligible bachelors here. Pat O'Brien's available. I can introduce you. Plus, I've got some stuff that you can smoke that might alleviate some of that pressure behind your eyeballs.

And one more thing. Don't worry about that fiance of yours. Believe me, by the time I'm finished with you, he won't want you back.

calhoun07
06-17-05, 01:52 PM
Don't forget to buy your Jennifer Wilbanks dolls...
http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/imgsed/jennifer_300.jpg

Michael T Hudson
06-17-05, 02:17 PM
Lifetime Movie Network.

Cptkirk
06-17-05, 02:38 PM
Lifetime Movie Network.

Is that who bought the movie rights? I assumed it was going to be a sit com.

Mopower
06-17-05, 02:44 PM
Lifetime Movie Network.

But women already know how psycho they can get. :confused:

The Bus
06-17-05, 02:50 PM
Anyone else think she looks like the Always Same Expression girl?

frenchy
06-17-05, 03:03 PM
Did anybody notice she has big eyes?

Mopower
06-17-05, 03:04 PM

What???

Baron Of Hell
06-17-05, 03:07 PM

The better to see you with my dear.