tremors box set?

Does anyone have a link for a place to pick the box set up at. thanks joe
Old 06-16-05, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...914796-7826424
Old 06-16-05, 07:29 AM

Can someone give me the low down on these discs. Are they in english,widescreen. Does anyone have a link from a us seller that has them?
Old 06-16-05, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THere is no US seller that has them. This has been discussed in the International Forum.

Tremors 1-4<br
Ok here's some specs.

Tremors
Anamorphic 1.85:1

Languages:
German Dolby Digital 1.0
English Dolby Digital 1.0
French Dolby Digital 1.0
Italian Dolby Digital 1.0
Spanish Dolby Digital 1.0

Extras:
- Production notes
- Original theatrical trailer
- Commentary
- Making of 'Tremors'

Tremors 2

Languages:
German Dolby Digital 2.0
English Dolby Digital 2.0
French Dolby Digital 2.0
Italian Dolby Digital 2.0

Extras:
- Trailer

Tremors 3

Languages:
German Dolby Digital 5.1
English Dolby Digital 5.1
French Dolby Digital 2.0

Extras:
- Trailer
- Making of 'Tremors III'

Tremors 4
Anamorphic 1.78:1

Languages:
German Dolby Digital 5.1
English Dolby Digital 5.1
French Dolby Digital 5.1

Extras:
- none

Nothing to get excited about. Audio on 1 and 2 is
But it is a nice box isn't it?

Last edited by speedy1961; 06-16-05 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-16-05, 08:07 AM

It looks sick. I really want to grab one but need to find a site that has it and in english.
Old 06-16-05, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

It really frustrates me to no end, that the USA never gets packaging as cool as most of the stuff you see everywhere else.
Old 06-16-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by issues
It looks sick. I really want to grab one but need to find a site that has it and in english.
It has English on the DVDs. That's why I listed the specs.
Old 06-16-05, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
It really frustrates me to no end, that the USA never gets packaging as cool as most of the stuff you see everywhere else.

I agree. The Alien and I, Robot set from Japan are amazing.
Old 06-16-05, 01:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Don't forget "Godzilla!"
Old 06-16-05, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Has anyone decided to purchase this? Or know how much the transfer to dollars would be?
Old 06-17-05, 04:14 AM

Its roughly 50 dollars and then you need to add p+p on top of that.

I got the set from amazon.de. The same details from your US amazon account should be transferrable to the amazon.de site (I believe) and it is just a matter of ordering as usual.

The only site to rerefister for Amazon was the Japanese site, where this box set will be coming out later in the year (although the discs will be inside the mouth as 4 seperate discs and not in the cool black box as in the photo) though not as good as this one.

The alien head was released throughout Europe at a reduced price from the Japanese one and the I, Robot head will hit Europe, I think Switzerland will be first and no doubt the rest of the countries will follow.

Multiregion does open up the world to cool packaging of some discs. In saying that, some people buy the cool packaging anyway and substitute the US discs in place when the price is more reasonable (added expense I know).

Last edited by Chris Taylor; 06-17-05 at 04:17 AM.
Old 06-17-05, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Yeah. I could certainly buy a region free player and spend on those extra expenses to have something that would be incredibly awesome on my shelf... but I'm really not willing to do all that. It just is absolutely frustrating, that in the United States, we really do get some of the blandest packaging for titles. All over the world you see insanely awesome packaging for certain things. Yes, the Alien Quadrilogy and I, Robot are prime examples. There was an incredibly awesome Buffy The Vampire set elsewhere, and there's that awesome Godzilla set, and Kill Bill... the list goes on and on. I just wish they would make some more novelty sets over here in the states like that. The closest thing we have to anything of the sorts over here, would probably be like the Invader Zim house box set, or the Monster Legacy collection. There's some anime stuff with really cool packaging as well but, overall for movies we're screwed over here. Not only that but other regions get much better cover art on their dvd's as well.
Old 09-30-05, 09:53 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

And now for the Region 1 release coming soon....no scary looking box like the release above and Amazon has no details on the 4 discs. Is it safe to assume it has all the same extras as the original releases or is there a reason for one who has them to double dip on this as well?
Old 09-30-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure it will have whatever extras the previous dvds had. And will probably be packaged the same way as other "Franchise' releases. Either dual-sided dvds,or two movies per dvd or something.

It would kickass to have that awesome packaging from the other regions. But as long as we get a 16.9 original,I am happy and the price is cheap. So it's an easy purchase!
Old 10-01-05, 12:20 AM

http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...?childId=35809

The Good: Tremors and Tremors 2: Aftershocks are listed as having new 16x9 enhanced transfers. (Tremors 3: Back to Perfection and Tremors 4: The Legend Begins have always been 16x9)

The Bad: None of the extras on the current Tremors 4 disc (Feature Commentary with Director S.S. Wilson, You're on the Set of Tremors 4: The Legend Begins, Dirt Dragons, Deleted Scenes, Outtakes, Miniatures Production, and S.S. Wilson's Student Film "Recorded Live") are listed as being included in the Attack Pack. Maybe Universal hasn't finished updating the page yet, but who knows? The Spotlight on Location featurette and trailer for part 3 are also not listed.

The Cheap: It's a 2-Disc Set with parts 1 and 2 on disc 1 and parts 3 and 4 on disc 2. Whether they're double sided or single sided? Even though disc art looks nice it would serve the films better to be presented on double sided discs. That way they would "have more room to breathe" as it's been said.

Either way, it's worth it for the 16x9 transfers on parts 1 and 2.

Last edited by L Chabert Lover; 10-01-05 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-01-05, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There is a chance the page isn't complete yet. Since even their Hitchcock page made it look like certain films had no extras at first.

Even if the extras for the sequels are not included. I don't mind. Since I care about the first film being 16.9 and the price is so low. That it's worth picking up in my opinion and I have waited years to own this film
Old 10-01-05, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tremors - Collector's Edition
  • The Making of Tremors
  • Outtakes
  • Featurette
  • Production Notes
  • Cast and Filmmakers
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • Production Photographs
  • Tremors 2: Aftershocks Trailer
Tremors 2: Aftershocks
  • Production Notes
  • Cast and Filmmakers
  • Theatrical Trailer
Tremors 3: Back to Perfection
  • Spotlight on Location
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Production Notes
  • Cast and Filmmakers
Tremors 4: The Legend Begins
  • Feature Commentary with Director S.S. Wilson
  • You're on the Set of Tremors 4: The Legend Begins
  • Dirt Dragons
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Outtakes
  • Miniatures Production
  • S.S. Wilson's Student Film Recorded Live
Tremors Attack Pack

Tremors
  • The Making of Tremors
  • Outtakes
  • Featurette
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • Kevin Bacon Profile
  • Michael Gross Profile
  • Reba McEntire Profile
  • Production Photographs
  • Tremors 2: Aftershocks Trailer
Tremors 2: Aftershocks
  • Trailer
Tremors 3: Back to Perfection
  • (nothing)
Tremors 4: The Legend Begins
  • (nothing)

Information as shown on the Universal Studios web site.

Not sure what to make of the slightly differing bonus features for Tremors, but it looks like the rest of them simply have not been filled in yet. The details for Tremors were absent for a while, too. Don't know what the delay is about, but this doesn't get released until the end of November. They have plenty of time to inform us about further extras.

I'm back and forth on this. If they provide all the bonus material from the current discs, I'll definitely be tempted, but there's so much else coming up in the next couple months, and I will stretch my funds only so far. Still, this seems to have the potential to become the best set of the Tremors franchise yet for R1. At least the original finally gets a 16:9 transfer.

--THX
Old 10-01-05, 06:11 AM

I'll be picking this up, regardless of if the T3 and T4 extras are included. I don't own any of 'em, and I'm a huuuuge fan of the original Tremors. The sequels get progressively worse, IMO, but they're perfectly enjoyable in a Saturday-afternoon sorta way.
Old 10-01-05, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice to read that Tremors 1 will have a new transfer, the current transfer is horrifying.
Old 11-26-05, 10:26 AM

It appears that the deleted scenes, outtakes, Dirt Dragons featurette, miniatures featurette, and S.S. Wilson's Student Film Recorded Live from Tremors 4 have been dropped from this set. Why in the hell would they do that? Everything else seems to be included. And yes, Tremors and Tremors 2: Aftershocks will now have 16x9 enhanced transfers, just like parts 3 and 4. DVD Empire shipped my copy out early yesterday morning. I should have it Monday morning.
Old 12-01-05, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Glad to see the first 2 have anamorphic transfers. A great deal for any fan, I'm digging the set, even if a few features are missing it's a great value...especially with the Kong ticket.

MATT
Old 12-01-05, 11:12 AM

"The Alien and I, Robot set from Japan are amazing."

Where can I get the Japanese Alien set or see what it looks like?
Old 12-01-05, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by L Chabert Lover

It appears that the deleted scenes, outtakes, Dirt Dragons featurette, miniatures featurette, and S.S. Wilson's Student Film Recorded Live from Tremors 4 have been dropped from this set. Why in the hell would they do that? Everything else seems to be included. And yes, Tremors and Tremors 2: Aftershocks will now have 16x9 enhanced transfers, just like parts 3 and 4. DVD Empire shipped my copy out early yesterday morning. I should have it Monday morning.
hi there, can you confirm if the fourth movie in this box set is missing the special features that can be found in the stand-alone version?
Old 12-01-05, 07:29 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Yes, it has been confirmed that TREMORS 4 is missing many of the extras found on the stand-alone version; however, if I'm not mistaken, that individual disc can still be purchased at Wal-Mart for $5.50 or so, so if you're an extras whore, getting both is still a bargain.
Old 12-01-05, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Yes, it has been confirmed that TREMORS 4 is missing many of the extras found on the stand-alone version; however, if I'm not mistaken, that individual disc can still be purchased at Wal-Mart for $5.50 or so, so if you're an extras whore, getting both is still a bargain.
thank you

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.