Lost Season 2 Spoilers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-05, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Lost Season 2 Spoilers...

From DarkHorizons.com:

Spoiler:

At the world's first official "Lost" convention in Burbank over the weekend, cast & crew members made an appearance and spoke a little about secrets to be revealed in the show's much anticipated second season and The LA Times has done an in-depth article on what was said. Amongst the revelatory tidbits (MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD):

- At the end of a Q&A session with several of the show's writers, one audience member shouted, "Don't kill Sawyer," referring to the island's hunky bad boy. Executive producer Damon Lindelof replied, "We won't. But he did get shot, which means his shirt will be off in a future episode." As female crowd members whooped, Lindelof added, "And he'll be wet" (due to Sawyer's fall into the ocean).

- "The plane did not crash by accident," Lindelof told the crowd. "It crashed for a very specific reason." But he dismissed speculation that someone aboard the plane caused the crash. "I will tell you today that is not the case."

- Lindelof promises "Season 2 is gonna get weird" - though he and other writers promised the mysteries wouldn't drag on as long as "The X Files," which ran nine seasons. What's inside the mysterious hatch will be interesting, but not as interesting as the effect it has on the John Locke character.

- Finally, and not surprisingly, the rear section of the plane - and additional survivors - will be discovered during the second season.
Old 06-15-05, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the most part those were things that I think most people pretty much assumed. But good stuff anyway.
Old 06-15-05, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can't decide if I want to read or not..I hate spoilers.. but by the time season 2 actually airs I'll probably have forgot what I read..

-edit- (took me all of 2 minutes to decide I was going to read it after posting my original "undecided message")

bah, that's pretty tame and most people who've seen every episode or read through the threads have pretty much gathered what's above..
Old 06-15-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by pilot
I can't decide if I want to read or not..I hate spoilers.. but by the time season 2 actually airs I'll probably have forgot what I read..
I usually don't read them, yet I did this time.

It wasn't particularly Earth-shattering, most of which has already been speculated on this board. And the one thing that is fairly "new" is rather vague.
Old 06-15-05, 03:12 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm assuming that this spoiler from the original post:
Spoiler:
- Finally, and not surprisingly, the rear section of the plane - and additional survivors - will be discovered during the second season
is how we get (season 2 casting spoiler not in the original post)
Spoiler:
Michelle Rodriguez as a regular.
Old 06-15-05, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
I'm assuming that this spoiler from the original post:
Spoiler:
- Finally, and not surprisingly, the rear section of the plane - and additional survivors - will be discovered during the second season
is how we get (season 2 casting spoiler not in the original post)
Spoiler:
Michelle Rodriguez as a regular.
probably, yeah.
Old 06-15-05, 06:00 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

this is the whole article from calenderlive.com

Spoiler:
An island of Losties
Like Trekkies before them, devoted fans of the current hit TV show find camaraderie at a convention.

By Roy Rivenburg, Times Staff Writer

What's inside the mysterious hatch on ABC's hit TV show "Lost"? Maybe a tunnel to Burbank, where a dozen cast and crew members surfaced over the weekend for the world's first official "Lost" convention.

In an event that was billed as "history in the making," fans hobnobbed with the show's stars, scooped up "Lost" merchandise and unearthed a few secrets about the cryptic series, which is like a cross between "Twilight Zone" and "Gilligan's Island."

ADVERTISEMENT

The two-day convention was organized by Creation Entertainment, a Glendale company that also runs fan conventions for "Star Trek," "Xena" and other shows with cult followings.

Nobody wore costumes to this confab, unless you count the woman with the red blob of fake flesh attached to her shoulder. "It's a piece of Arzt," she explained, referring to the character who inadvertently blew himself up in the season finale.

Other "Losties," who paid as much as $189 per ticket, were just as ardent about the show. One asked actor John Terry, who plays the father of Jack, if he was "in need of female companionship." Terry said he was "happily married."

At the end of a Q&A session with several of the show's writers, one audience member shouted, "Don't kill Sawyer," referring to the island's hunky bad boy. Executive producer Damon Lindelof replied, "We won't. But he did get shot, which means his shirt will be off in a future episode." As female crowd members whooped, Lindelof added, "And he'll be wet" (Sawyer fell into the ocean after being shot).

Many of the audience questions focused on various conundrums from the Wednesday night show, which will move to 9 p.m. this fall. Set on a strange tropical island, the sci-fi series revolves around 14 survivors of a plane crash, and their encounters with an unseen monster, a polar bear, the wreckage of a 150-year-old slave ship and other oddities.

"Have any of you heard of string theory?" Terry asked at the beginning of his talk. "I think the characters have fallen into a tear in the fabric of the universe, and they're co-creating this reality." But, he added, "I really don't know. And even if I did know, I couldn't tell you or I'd have to kill every one of you."

It's a familiar refrain among the show's cast and crew.

"You learn to become artful about giving infuriatingly vague answers," writer Javier Grillo-Marxuach said backstage. "I don't even show the scripts to my wife."

He added, "Our fans are like Talmudic scholars. They have created a body of scholarship about every episode."

About a month after the series debuted, Grillo-Marxuach was walking his dog when a neighbor yelled from across the street, "Are they dead?" Grillo-Marxuach shouted back, "No, they're not dead." The neighbor replied, "Really? Then why are their clothes so clean?"

At the convention, Grillo-Marxuach and his colleagues dangled a handful of clues to fans. "The plane did not crash by accident," Lindelof told the crowd. "It crashed for a very specific reason." But he dismissed speculation that someone aboard the plane caused the crash. "I will tell you today that is not the case."

He also promised, "Season 2 is gonna get weird" — though he and other writers promised the mysteries wouldn't drag on as long as "The X Files," which ran nine seasons.

Other tidbits:

What's inside the mysterious hatch will be interesting, but not as interesting as the effect it has on the John Locke character, according to Grillo-Marxuach.

The rear section of the plane — and additional survivors — will be discovered during the second season.

The people who kidnapped Walt, the young boy, are the "others" on the island.

Eight infants have played the newborn son of Claire on the show. "They keep growing," so new ones have to be brought in, said Emilie de Ravin, who plays Claire. "It's a constant struggle to find newborn Caucasian babies in Hawaii," where the show is taped.

Fans came from as far away as Toronto, Brooklyn and Alaska for the convention, but Creation Entertainment officials admitted they were disappointed by the turnout. Although they had hoped for a crowd of 1,000, actual attendance was closer to 800, they estimated. Even that might be generous, judging from Sunday's crowd. The ballroom, with seating for 280, was never full.

One fan, Marianna Anderson, blamed the weak attendance on a shortage of marquee names, such as the actors who play Jack, Kate or Sawyer. Organizers did recruit De Ravin and Jorge Garcia, who plays Hurley. But after that, the speaker lineup went to such second-tier characters as evil Ethan (William Mapother), and the psychic who warned Claire about her baby (Nick Jameson, a former member of the rock group Foghat).

The fans didn't seem to mind. Many crept up the center aisle on their knees to snap photos while the actors spoke. They also stood in a long line for autographs, and bought $25 T-shirts and caps, $40 canvas posters, $8 stainless steel shot glasses and $130 "Lost" jackets.

At one point, Terry was asked to sign a photo using his character's name. He paused, searching his memory. "Christian Shephard," the woman offered. Is that with one "p" or two, he asked. Someone pulled out a program and supplied the correct spelling.

Convention organizers said the weekend event was the first of six "Lost" gatherings planned for the next year. The next will be held in Northern California sometime before the end of 2005, they said.
Old 06-15-05, 06:42 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
At one point, [John] Terry was asked to sign a photo using his character's name. He paused, searching his memory. "Christian Shephard," the woman offered. Is that with one "p" or two, he asked. Someone pulled out a program and supplied the correct spelling.

... can't even remember his character's name.
Old 06-16-05, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bet they will spend about 8 episodes looking down the hole where the hatch used to be if Lost keeps going at the pace it is.

Maybe they will find Grace too. She off wandering the shores looking for her husband?
Old 08-12-05, 10:45 AM

I was on some message board....and i found some spoilers...Some may be information you already know so.....anyway:

Spoiler:
Oceanic 815 didn’t crash by accident it crashed for a very specific reason

In Season 2 we will see the survivors start to build up a civilization rather then pin all their hopes on rescue. We will see the survivors pass judgments, make rules ie

The survivors will find more survivors from the Oceanic 815 crash who were in the tail section of the plane, these include Ana-Lucia and possibly Rose’s husband Bernard and maybe more.

In the first episode of the season they will go down into the Hatch and what they will see will change everything.

Those people who kidnapped Walt are in fact The ‘Others’.

By the end of Season 2 we will know why the plane crashed

A new mysterious character is rumored to being introduced in Season 2 and his first line is supposedly “For the love of God get me out of this Hatch”.

(These are all mostly Damon Lindelof’s words)
More Info Concerning the Hatch in Season 2

What the survivors discover in the Hatch will “will change the fundamental state of existence" of the characters, Us Viewers won’t get quick glimpses of strange things inside the Hatch but rather we will get a good long look around.
What the survivors WILL not find inside the Hatch are aliens, a time portal, “or a ship they can blast off in”. Whatever we will see in there WILL involve the numbers (4,8,15,16,23,42) that led to Hurley’s lottery win and streak of bad luck.
Whatever the survivors find inside the Hatch will be “great, cool and Risky”.
However some viewers some people are not going to like what they find in there.

Concerning The Others, The Raft Survivors and Walt in Season 2
(Again these are all mostly Damon Lindelof’s words)

“Who survives (concerning the raft attack), how they survive, where they end up
and how they reconnect with the other characters" will drive the story
through the first seven or eight episodes of Season 2.
The story about the kidnapping of Walt is especially intense,
because "a child taken from a parent by strangers is the scariest thing
of all." When the ‘Others’take Walt, there is no Amber Alert, no Fox
News Channel and CNN reporting the story, nowhere for his father to get
help. There is only fear, frustration and rage. Early episodes, of Season 2 will deal with the repercussions of this harrowing incident.

Concerning Boone he will definitely STAY dead "So many times in genre shows when you kill someone off they come back. On Lost the rules are different. When
you're dead, you're dead!" (Lindelof’s words).

A female character is supposedly getting killed off early in Season 2 and it’s NOT Rousseau.

Concerning The other big nagging mysteries in the story - why did Ethan kidnap
Claire, what happened to her while she was held prisoner, what if
anything happened to her baby - will be addressed later in Season 2 "But we have bigger priorities first: The hatch and Walt's kidnapping." (Lindelof’s words yet again)

More concerning Michelle Rodriguez’s character Ana-Lucia. She has been living on another part of the island. Lindelof will not say whether she has been living alone or with other survivors.

The first three episodes of LOST Season 2 WILL be called

Episode 27: Man of Science, Man of Faith
Episode 28: Adrift
Episode 29: Orientation
From Futon-Critic.com as released by ABC

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ("Oz") is set to join the cast of "Lost" for the series' second season. "Lost" will have its season premiere WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network, and will air Wednesdays at this time in the 2005-06 season.

---Itty bitty spoiler ahead---

Adewale will play Emeka, a mysterious man whose presence on the island - and intentions - will be revealed in one of the early episodes in the upcoming second season

Last edited by rs902002; 08-12-05 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-12-05, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From the greatlink:

Reported at TGL by Chris Howell at 22:10 BST

From Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

"Lost" executive producer Damon Lindelof said it's a "dream come true" to be producing a cult show that's been accepted by the mainstream audience, but he also feels viewers' pain, especially the pain of wanting answers to all the frustrating questions the series has posed.

"My own sense as a viewer is in conflict with my senses as a [TV show creator]," Lindelof said after winning Theater Critics Association awards for best new program and best drama Saturday night. "I want to reveal mysteries at a rate faster than we're going. I don't want to do the perpetual nine-season stall."

But he said it's difficult to judge that. He and co-creator J.J. Abrams know how they want the series to end, but, Lindelof said, "When you run a race and don't know where the end is," it becomes difficult to figure out how much to parcel out and when to do it.

He defended the May season finale, saying it was in line with the job of a cliffhanger: to make people anticipate the next season. But he does promise that within the first 15 minutes of the "Lost" season premiere, which picks up 30 seconds after the season finale, the characters will learn what's in the hatch that's been taunting them (and viewers) for months.

"You'll get a lot of answers in the season premiere," he said, "and a couple more questions."

Promises, promises.

After that disappointing May season finale, during which viewers got basically no payoff for staying tuned all season, Lindelof said the first three episodes will take place in a six-hour period and will deal with the ramifications of
Spoiler:

opening the hatch, the kidnapping of young Walt (Malcolm David Kelley) and the lost-at-sea trials of Sawyer (Josh Holloway) and crew.
Old 08-12-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler:

A female character is supposedly getting killed off early in Season 2 and it’s NOT Rousseau.

I read a rumor in tv guide that it
Spoiler:
might be shannon since the producers of x3 are trying to get her in that movie
Old 08-12-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Spoiler:

I read a rumor in tv guide that it
Spoiler:
might be shannon since the producers of x3 are trying to get her in that movie
Spoiler:
She didn't get the part. Also, here's a quote from Lindelof concerning this: "I think it would be fairly silly for us to kill a woman — there's only three or four of them on the show." It was in a recent Ask Ausiello.
Old 08-18-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Hercules from AICN have some details for the upcoming season. Here is the link (beware of spoilers):

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21038
Old 08-19-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lindelof said to USA Today in their coverage of the DVD launch party that Episode 3 of the new season will be the one everyone will talk about and will shut up those who said "we don't get enough answers".
Old 08-19-05, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Trust me.... the end will show they crashed in the bermuda triangle
Old 08-22-05, 02:58 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/

SCOOP!: You read it here first, folks: Soap-grad Cynthia Watros is joining the cast of Lost this season as Libby, a mysterious character who may or may not have been in the tail section of Oceanic Flight 815 when it crashed last fall. Watros, known to daytime audiences for her Emmy-winning stint as crazy Annie on Guiding Light, followed up her acclaimed suds gig with roles on Titus and The Drew Carey Show. And as I teased in last Friday's Entertainment News, to learn the identity of the veteran actress who was originally approached for the role, read Wednesday's Ask Ausiello.
Old 08-23-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I love Cynthia Watros.
Old 08-23-05, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I love Cynthia Watros.
She was the blonde that replaced the redhead on Drew Carey, right? She's got a great rack!