TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Inside - 6/15/2005

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-05, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Inside - 6/15/2005

From TV Guide:

Three rape-strangulation victims -- one a Federal prosecutor -- are linked to an S&M club, from which a member was recently banned.

Spoiler:
Hercules from AICN promises the ending sets up a story for Rebecca that plays out over several additional episodes.
Old 06-15-05, 09:25 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I'll be tuning in!
Old 06-15-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
From TV Guide:

Three rape-strangulation victims -- one a Federal prosecutor -- are linked to an S&M club, from which a member was recently banned.

Spoiler:
Hercules from AICN promises the ending sets up a story for Rebecca that plays out over several additional episodes.
Next time you might want to put the TV Guide episode preview in spoilers also. Some people don't like to read the preview before watching the episode.
Old 06-15-05, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This is the second ep correct? The listing labeled it #103
Old 06-15-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Meatpants
This is the second ep correct? The listing labeled it #103
You are right, it is showing up as #103 even though is only the second episode. The weird part is that next week episode is showing up as episode #105.

"Old Wounds", Episode #103.
Spoiler:
The VCU team takes up the hunt for a serial killer they suspect meets women through an S&M club patronized by a wealthy playboy.

Cast: Rachel Nichols, Peter Coyote, Jay Harrington, Adam Baldwin, Katie Finneran, Nelsan Ellis, Hart Bochner, Michael Bowen.

Producer(s): Tim Minear, Brian Grazer, David Nevins.

Original Airdate: June 15, 2005.
Old 06-15-05, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great, so does that mean this is yet another show that Fox is fucking with the series order? It might not matter as much as Firefly, but still.
Old 06-15-05, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by flashburn
Great, so does that mean this is yet another show that Fox is fucking with the series order? It might not matter as much as Firefly, but still.
Just another show Fox wants to fuck with....must mean it's good.
Old 06-15-05, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hart Bochner.
Old 06-15-05, 03:22 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

didn't really like the first show but I want to give it a chance will tune in tonight.
Old 06-15-05, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Next time you might want to put the TV Guide episode preview in spoilers also. Some people don't like to read the preview before watching the episode.
Anybody else want to chime in on this matter? I consulted a random sampling of other topics on the board and couldn't really see any set style. The best I could make out was that descriptions that tended to spoil or make suggestions about established plot threads were hidden while ones that just gave the basic set-up of the episode were not.
Old 06-15-05, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
The episode description posted before the show is usually put in spoilers regardless of how vague it is, but I'm not really complaining, just telling you what the expectations are here.

Now, about the episode, it seemed like it was pretty intense (which is good), aside from the foolishness of Becky and the expected dialogue stiffness, the show seemed like it was too heavy on the psyhological stuff, that will take some getting used to.
Old 06-15-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ranger
The episode description posted before the show is usually put in spoilers regardless of how vague it is, but I'm not really complaining, just telling you what the expectations are here.

Now, about the episode, it seemed like it was pretty intense (which is good), aside from the foolishness of Becky and the expected dialogue stiffness, the show seemed like it was too heavy on the psyhological stuff, that will take some getting used to.
I totally understand, and that's exactly why I responded and checked other threads. I don't want to create waves.

I agree that the show didn't really hit the stride I hoped it might in the second episode and that it was very dark and intense. I'm also curious about this #103 talk. I wonder if they are reordering them or if that is just an indication that they produced the episodes out of order for some reason. I imagine that due to the Whedon-connection Minear enjoys, somebody out there knows the answer and has shared it.
Old 06-15-05, 10:07 PM

I started watching it, said "Hey this girl is really good looking, maybe that is enough to hook me in" - but then as they kept flashing the gory crime scene photos from the binder she was looking through I decided I don't really want to be absorbing that stuff for an hour.
Old 06-15-05, 10:29 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
meh

It's hard to tell if Rachel Nichols is a bad actress or if the character is supposed to be played with no emotion
Old 06-15-05, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is this show any good? I Tivoed the premiere last week but haven't watched it yet, and I forgot to record it this week, so now I am not sure if I should even bother watching the first ep. The premise doesn't sound that exciting, but hey, it's summer.
Old 06-15-05, 10:42 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Lets put it this way, if Fox canceled it tomorrow it wouldn't bother me. There's nothing else on is the only reason I've been watching it.
Old 06-15-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The first episode was better than this week's. I'd go ahead and watch the first and not worry about missing the second, which seems to be much more intense.
Old 06-16-05, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Anybody else want to chime in on this matter? I consulted a random sampling of other topics on the board and couldn't really see any set style. The best I could make out was that descriptions that tended to spoil or make suggestions about established plot threads were hidden while ones that just gave the basic set-up of the episode were not.
My post wasn't a knock to you for the TV description. Just giving you a heads up. As what Ranger said, in the TV forum, people expectation is that the episode description be done in spoiler tags, no matter how vague it is.

In regards to this week episode, as I said last week, this show is yet to impress me so far. Can't help to wonder while watching this show that some other TV show/movie had a similar plot or scene. I agree with MrX in regards to Rachel Nichols. Kinds of remind me of the Rohmbot (Law&Order fans will know what I'm talking about).
Old 06-16-05, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This show is NOT good, but it's also not totally horrible...Hmmmmm I will probably watch it a few more times, just to kill time before Lost comes on at 10:00. I hope the stories improve. Last night's ep was SO predictable it was almost funny.
Old 06-16-05, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems that this show won't last very long...

From zap2it.com:

The new episode of "Dancing" blew up at 9 p.m. for ABC, doing a 10.4/17, by far the night's best ratings. NBC moved up to second with "Law & Order," beating CBS' "King of Queens" and "Yes, Dear." FOX's new drama "The Inside" appears to be DOA with a 2.6/4 for an original episode. The WB held fifth with "Smallville," beating the 1.1/2 for "Veronica Mars" on UPN.
Old 06-16-05, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My post wasn't a knock to you for the TV description. Just giving you a heads up. As what Ranger said, in the TV forum, people expectation is that the episode description be done in spoiler tags, no matter how vague it is.

In regards to this week episode, as I said last week, this show is yet to impress me so far. Can't help to wonder while watching this show that some other TV show/movie had a similar plot or scene. I agree with MrX in regards to Rachel Nichols. Kinds of remind me of the Rohmbot (Law&Order fans will know what I'm talking about).
It's all good. I responded the way I did because in the absence of any sort of controlling TOS or primer, I wanted to get additional feedback to verify what you were saying. I didn't intend the negativity that it seems clear you and Ranger seem to have inferred.

RN does remind me of Rohm, but I don't recall her from L&O other than by reputation. She seemed wooden enough to me on Angel -- the show seemed to magically get better whenever she was gone.
Old 06-16-05, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It seems that this show won't last very long...

From zap2it.com:

Good, then Peter Coyote can go back to The 4400!
Old 06-16-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I agree the show won't last long. I think it really was a mistake to involve so much of the S&M thing for this week's episode and so early into the season (like there's even going to be a complete season ). I can handle it, but most people really can't and it will turn off many people from the show. I still will give the show a chance.
Old 06-16-05, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So do you think they will attempt to move this to a different night?
Old 06-17-05, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There are too many amazing writers on this show for it not to get good, the problem is Fox are idiots and will can it. Why start a new show in the summer with no promotion?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.