Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about the ending of "Hopscotch"

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-05, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just watched this movie tonight. It's a really solid, relatively undiscovered piece of work. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I do have one question though, that (if unanswered, as I assume) will prove to be a plot-hole too large to be overlooked, in my opinion. The question, for those who have seen it, is:

Spoiler:
In the final scene (well, near final scene) when Kendig uses a radio control to fly the plane away, setting up his "death" and whatnot...how did he get from the plane to his remote control? The helicopter was flying overhead, and the plane was in clear sight the entire time. I don't see how he could have possibly made his way from the aircraft to the little storage shed where he controled the plane by remote control without being seen. There were four pair of eyes on him, and he was in the middle of a field. Any explanation? Did I miss something?

-JP
Old 06-17-05, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come now, somebody must have seen this film...
Old 06-17-05, 06:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did I miss something?
Yes the magic of Hollywood Seriously I don't think the writers were too concerned w/ explaining everything so to make the story work "right" it just happened. Of course it's been awhile since I've actually seen it so maybe there is something I'm forgetting.
Old 06-17-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I saw Hopscotch for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was also left scratching my head over the end.

Spoiler:
They could have had Kendig run into a hanger or something and then have the plane fly out.

Last edited by Dr. Mantle; 06-17-05 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-17-05, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the Criterion about a month back for $6 and just saw it about a week ago and was left scratching my head. I was going to start a thread about it, but I doubted many would know about this movie.

I thought it was a damn good movie but I figure it as a plot hole. I mean Matthau is there near the plan and it shows him about to get in, than its in the air. Maybe they didnt show him hire a guy to dress like him and take his place just in case. Maybe some poor bum pilot lost his life trying to make a buck..... yea, Ill tell my self that.