Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Dead Zone new season premier 6/12

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-05, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Dead Zone new season premier 6/12

I didn't see it posted. New episode titled "Broken Circle" tonight after the 4400.
Old 06-12-05, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
hmmmm
as a huge king fan.. how did i miss this
how many seasons have there been so far?
Old 06-12-05, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by twikoff
hmmmm
as a huge king fan.. how did i miss this
how many seasons have there been so far?
Tonight is the season 4 premiere. I've been waiting a long time for this one and I hope they have an extensive "previously on" segment so I can remember what happened in the finale.
Old 06-12-05, 07:37 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Awesome. This episode was suppose to air last year as the SERIES finale, but since the show was picked up, they postponed it, and 'tweaked' it...
Old 06-13-05, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn, where's the Dead Zone love? only four posters? Anyway, I really dug tonight's ep. Not sure about this Janus guy, since he wasn't in the book. He's clearly evil because he's got an evil ring and he's named Janus, which is a little on the nose. For all you fellow King fans, I was hoping he ended up being Randall Flag, but it looks like he's gonna be a member of some world-controling cult like the Illuminati or something.

Glad they got rid of Sarah Wynter. She didn't bother me all that much on the Dead Zone, but she bugged the hell out of me on 24 and I don't forgive or forget so easily. I understand the empowering issues of ditching the cane, choosing his own path, saying that nothing's predetermined, not wanting to turn himself into evil post-apocolyptic Johnny, etc., but Johnny Smith without a badass cane just seems wrong, somehow. Bruce came through in his standard clutch, Pete Ross, "look at me doing something crazy while clark changes into superman and flies to the rescue" way. I always enjoy when Walt does his off-the-reservation, Leather-jacket-wearing, badass PI schtick. Not a whole lot for Sarah to do but look worried, and what in the hell happened to Dana anyway, I just realized I hadn't seen her in like two seasons... although I suppose if it took me this long to realize her absence, her presence wasn't all that necessary.

I'm still hoping they end the show the way the book ends, and this did set up this season with quite a bit of potential. And what about Frank Whaley... last we saw he was tied up by Evil Johnny and John Conno- I mean J.J. Stilson was great as always. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Doc

P.S. - what was the deal with the new theme song? I kinda dug the old one.
Old 06-13-05, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was disappointed with the change in the opening tune.

Overall, I really liked this episode. It’s been so long since the last season was on the air I almost completely forgot WTF was going on.
Old 06-13-05, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I cannot stand that new theme song.

I wonder if the future guy sub-plot is really gone. I guess ditching the cane could be how the cane head ended up with Whaley in the future. I really found the set up for this season to be very intriguing. I just finished the third season dvd's on Friday so I was really looking forward to this season.

It was interesting to note how Stillson always seems to need someone to constantly be slapping him. First his father and then Janus(?). Hope the heat over Rachel is finally off Johnny and won't get pulled out later.

Good season opener.
Old 06-13-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the opening song was different, but it had been a while since I've watched so I wasn't completely sure. I don't think I'm a big fan on the new tune either.

I thought this was a pretty good set up for the season. I was definitely excited for this to start up last night!
Old 06-13-05, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the new tune is too uplifting or hopeful, if that makes any sense. The previous one was kinda creepy and made you feel slightly on edge. It just fit very well with King's storytelling style. It also fits with the ending of the book, if the Pillar's decide to end the series the same way.

Doc
Old 06-13-05, 12:37 PM
Suspended

About the 'future'...
Spoiler:
The adult J.J. returns for a few episodes....so Johnny must find contact somehow...
Old 06-13-05, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I am watching it tonight. Seriously stoked to have this back on.
Old 06-13-05, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
to the new theme song!

And doesn't Johnny throwing his cane away set up a paradox? I thought the only way he contacted "Future Guy" (Frank Whaley) was through the cane in the future...if he threw it away, there's no way "Future Guy" could have found it. I'm assuming Frank's not doing any shows this year, so they needed to find a way of explaining why they don't talk anymore...hence, ditching the cane.

Well, at least Johnny was in D.C. when he ditched the cane...so I guess "Future Guy" could have come upon it...

Last edited by Shannon Nutt; 06-13-05 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-13-05, 09:37 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
to the new theme song!

And doesn't Johnny throwing his cane away set up a paradox? I thought the only way he contacted "Future Guy" (Frank Whaley) was through the cane in the future...if he threw it away, there's no way "Future Guy" could have found it. I'm assuming Frank's not doing any shows this year, so they needed to find a way of explaining why they don't talk anymore...hence, ditching the cane.

Well, at least Johnny was in D.C. when he ditched the cane...so I guess "Future Guy" could have come upon it...
Well, ditching the came was a decision he just now made bases on the 'future' predictions. If Johnny is ALLOWED to change the future for victoms and killers, I assume he can for himself. But since he is seeing the future in a bigger scale (10+ years in future, instead of minutes/hours/days) its probaly very different.
Old 06-14-05, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to have this show back, but I really hope the Stilson subplot is either done or put on the backburner for a long time. It's time to get back to the standalones.

I wonder if there will be a replacement cane? Although he doesn't really need it anymore, it's sorta a symbol of his character.
Old 06-18-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just watched it this evening..Good to have one of my favorite shows back. HATE THE NEW THEME SONG. The old one was one of my favorite TV theme songs and just set the mood for watching the show. I wonder why they would have changed it especially to something bad.