Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

For you Evergrey fans who have, or plan to get their live DVD, ... ITS FLAWED!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its supposed to be in 16:9. I got my NTSC copy yesterday, popped it in, and it filled my 4:3 screen with everything looking stretched vertically. Tried it on another TV with the same result.

Apparently the tag in the IFO file on DVD is set to 4:3 instead of 16:9, like stated on the back of the case. So everyone is tall and skinny, making it difficult to watch.

Hopefully they plan to correct this and offer replacements, but I'm not holding my breath. I guess the PAL version is OK though.
Old 06-08-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Its supposed to be in 16:9. I got my NTSC copy yesterday, popped it in, and it filled my 4:3 screen with everything looking stretched vertically. Tried it on another TV with the same result.

Apparently the tag in the IFO file on DVD is set to 4:3 instead of 16:9, like stated on the back of the case. So everyone is tall and skinny, making it difficult to watch.

Hopefully they plan to correct this and offer replacements, but I'm not holding my breath. I guess the PAL version is OK though.
Ouch that blows. Of course my TV doesn't do auto-animorphic switching, I have to turn it on manually so that wouldn't be a problem for me.
Old 06-08-05, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mordred
Ouch that blows. Of course my TV doesn't do auto-animorphic switching, I have to turn it on manually so that wouldn't be a problem for me.
Yeah, if you have a widescreen TV, you can just select it to stretch to fit and everything would look fine. Its those of us with the regular TVs that have to suffer.
Old 06-08-05, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I saw that this disc was coming out, and didn't realize it was yesterday. What's the cheapest price on this? The B&Ms all look to be around $30, and amazon is $24, which is still kinda steep.
Old 06-08-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I saw that this disc was coming out, and didn't realize it was yesterday. What's the cheapest price on this? The B&Ms all look to be around $30, and amazon is $24, which is still kinda steep.
I ordered it from one of the independent sellers on Amazon. $22 and change shipped!
Old 06-10-05, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For those who care:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/s...10#post3859010

Originally Posted by MetalAges
I talked with Jim at InsideOut today and they are aware of the problem and will issue a statement on what will be done to remedy it next week.

To those who I didn't personally respond to on the general email, please don't take it personally . There's a ton of emails that come through there each day and a lot of times it gets forwarded over to the office.