Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Did anyone else pick up Lois & Clark DVD set today?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-05, 06:09 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I absolutely *love* how the discs are arranged. They are stacked ontop of each other, 2 per page. Well only about 1/4 of the bottom disc is covered up by the first but you still need to remove the top disc in order to get to the bottom one. What a giant PAIN.
Old 06-10-05, 12:23 AM
Suspended pending providing a working email address

heh I guess not. I remember when that show premiered. Seaquest DSV premiered at the exact same time, and I was mostly watching LC but flipping over to Seaquest during commercials.

By the time I realized that this was SUperman, but some sort of drama for the ladies, I switched to SQ permantly.

I thought Seaquest while completely impossible was a pretty good show.
Old 06-10-05, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Scrubs is kinda like that too. As are the discs in the Ultimate Matrix collection. Unless you mean something else.
Old 06-10-05, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I got it from Amazon (as my $30 off for signing up for the credit card deal), and yeah, I was a little disappointed by the stacked discs. Though I do think it's bothering me less and less as I'm starting to see it a little more. At least they weren't flopping around the case like the horribly packaged Alf discs.

I've never seen the show before, so I'm looking forward to getting into it! (same was with Smallville.. never seen, but I'm 3/4 of the way through season one and love it)
Old 06-10-05, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I wanted to because I loved the series, but there are better DVDs I need to buy first.
Old 06-10-05, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah, i wanted to pick this up but i still have a HUGE unwatched pile and am trying to get through that before i buy any more sets.
Old 06-10-05, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Golden Girls is like this (season 1 at least)

I hate having to take out disc one to get disc two.

Dumbest idea ever.
Old 06-10-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by conscience
Golden Girls is like this (season 1 at least)

I hate having to take out disc one to get disc two.

Dumbest idea ever.
The Murphy Brown set is also like this. I wonder if this is going to be the norm with WB TV box sets.
Old 06-10-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hopefully they'll keep the old format for Smallville Season 4 and not switch to this "new" format/packaging...
Old 06-10-05, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
Hopefully they'll keep the old format for Smallville Season 4 and not switch to this "new" format/packaging...
Strongly, strongly disagree with that statement.

I also hate having to get disc 1 out to watch disc 2 but if it meant I wouldn't have to take a set back 800 times I would gladly have them make this switch for Smallville. Smallville are the single worst sets I have ever purhcased for having to take them back. I went through three season 1 sets and FIVE season 2 sets before finally finding scratch free sets. MY season 3 set was totally banged up complete with broken place holders but since none of the discs were scratched I kept that set and considered myself lucky.
Old 06-10-05, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How's the picture quality. Reviews anybody?

I've been meaning to pick this up for a couple of days.
Old 06-10-05, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't know why they don't just use the double-disc thinpaks. I've seen these used for Newsradio, The Commish, Greatest American Hero, etc. They take up no space, I've never had a floater, and they make it easy to access the discs.

I really wonder why after so many years companies continuously try to reinvent the wheel when it comes to packaging. How about coming up with something thin, easy to use, that holds the disc securely, and doesn't break easily (and is easily replacible if it does)... and then stick with it.
Old 06-10-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Peep
How's the picture quality. Reviews anybody?

I've been meaning to pick this up for a couple of days.
DVDTalk Review of Lois & Clark
Old 06-14-05, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks. Maybe I'll rent one of the discs before buying.
Old 06-14-05, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Mhepburn20
Strongly, strongly disagree with that statement.

I also hate having to get disc 1 out to watch disc 2 but if it meant I wouldn't have to take a set back 800 times I would gladly have them make this switch for Smallville. Smallville are the single worst sets I have ever purhcased for having to take them back. I went through three season 1 sets and FIVE season 2 sets before finally finding scratch free sets. MY season 3 set was totally banged up complete with broken place holders but since none of the discs were scratched I kept that set and considered myself lucky.
Same happened to me. I went through a few copies of each set (al 3 of them) before finding a decent 6 discs for each season. I still have one disc from season one and one from season 2 that will need to be resurfaced. I just got tired of shipping them back to Ch to get a replacement.
Old 06-16-05, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Where are the POP tabs for this release (to use with the rebate)? I'm not sure if mine didn't have any, but they aren't where they usually are with Warner boxsets...
Old 06-16-05, 02:50 PM

Ha, I was hoping someone other than myself had this problem with those damn POP tabs. Look inside the actual box. Warner decided to hide thos damn things this time. I thought I was going to have to call and complain that my set didn't come with them. I thought they were trying to screw me out of my rebate!
Old 06-16-05, 03:15 PM

Never expected the pop to be in the box. I was very annoyed when i couldn't find them before. Loving this set. Great to be able to watch this series again. Weighing in on the stacked discs I am against them. I perfer when each disc has its own thin case.
Old 06-16-05, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Eve Brown
I perfer when each disc has its own thin case.
Compare MacGyver Season 1 and Season 2, and the space each takes up, and you may be converted.