Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

How I spent my summer vacation

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-05, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How I spent my summer vacation

I just figured you might want to know how I am planning the next several weeks. Last night around 10 PM, I had one of the biggest falls of the collection ever. I would estimate that around 7000 dvds and vhs tapes were involved at a minimum. The piles go for at least 6 to 8 feet in diameter and go to a height of at least 4 to 5 feet (it goes to at least my elbows). I managed to dig a passway to my computer but little else and that took me over an hour.
Should we start a pool on how long this will take? I estimate three to four weeks.
Austin
Old 06-07-05, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Austin,

Why not get some shelves so you don't have these problems? I know it would cost quite a bit, and space might be an issue, but I'd think it'd be better in the long run for the well-being of you and your collection.

I know you're a librarian, and I can't fathom how you could just have stacks of dvds sitting around and not put in some kind of orderly fashion. What do you do when you want to watch something that's on the bottom of one of these ginormous stacks? Or do you even watch films?
Old 06-07-05, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh! Pics please!
Old 06-07-05, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Why not get some shelves so you don't have these problems?
If you have seen pics of Austin54's collection, then you know the problem is not financial, but spatial.
Old 06-07-05, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Austin54 posted his pics of his disorderly collection in the 'show us your collection' thread ages ago. He should just link a photo to his signature so everyones memory can be refreshed.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...57#post4920757

I think the above link has old pictures of his collection from back in 2004.

Last edited by pagansoul; 06-07-05 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-07-05, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SFranke
If you have seen pics of Austin54's collection, then you know the problem is not financial, but spatial.
I've seen the pics, and I agree that it would be a rather large task, but I've seen pictures of large collections (pdjennings(?) has 3000+ in a room, and there's plenty of space left). Being a librarian, he could get some rather tall shelves and get one of those librarian ladders to go around on. That would kick ass!
Old 06-07-05, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I've seen the pics, and I agree that it would be a rather large task, but I've seen pictures of large collections (pdjennings(?) has 3000+ in a room, and there's plenty of space left). Being a librarian, he could get some rather tall shelves and get one of those librarian ladders to go around on. That would kick ass!
That's my future goal; to actually have a legitimate need for one of those ladders.
Old 06-07-05, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by SFranke
or perhaps mental.
Old 06-08-05, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

:nopics:

But seriously, you should consider getting a rack for those DVD. I remember you had a similar accident some time ago (last year perhaps) when your handyman knock your DVDs out.