Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about Future Possible X-Files Collections...

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-03-05, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a *huge* X-Files fan but there are a handful of the more amusing episodes I really enjoyed and want to get eventually. I saw that Best Buy's going to sell each season for $49.99 this coming week and before plunking down that much for Season 3 for three of my favorite episodes (Clyde Buckman's Final Repose, Jose Chung's From Outer Space, War of the Coprophages) I was wondering if anyone out there might have an idea if they're only likely to release special mini-sets of the Consipracy episodes or if you might think there's a chance they'll ever do a set with some of the more humorous episodes.

I read an episode guide and the season looks pretty good, but it's still a lot for three episodes I want. I only wish Humbug, the circus freak episode, were in that season too.

Anyhoo... thanks for any insight and conspiracy theories about how they'll milk the franchise as long as its teats... oh, never mind. Thanks.
Old 06-04-05, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No real info for you, but I also think Dreamland 1 & 2, Small Potatoes, and Bad Blood were all great comedy episodes.

Last edited by Lee Harvey Oswald; 06-04-05 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-05-05, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
X-Files Season Three for $50 is a bargain, so I recommend going ahead and buying it. You won't regret it.
Old 06-05-05, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a great price, but to answer your question, Amazon lists some upcoming X-files collection that seem to focus on specific subjects. They seem to all be arc episodes as well, so those not interested in collecting all the episodes, should check 'em out. Use the DVD talk link for amazon and search for x-files. The first collection is called: The X-Files Mythology, Vol. 1 - Abduction
Old 06-06-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Price match at Circuit City for 45$ (10% off)