Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Seed of Chucky: Unrated & Fully Extended Review

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-05, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

This is my first time posting a review, I hope this is what people want.

I just got Seed of Chucky: Unrated & Fully Extended today, first off let me go on record as stating, how I saw absolutely nothing that was any different from the theatrical film. With the exception of a stupid little opener where Chucky, Tiffany and Glen are in a limo stating "Who'd you expect? The frickin' Osbournes?". And two little like promos at the end of the actual film. I believe there is a 2 second shot of Chucky's hand while he is masterbating, that I don't remember, but other than that, nothing that I can see.

The contents on the disc are not that rewarding (Note: I have NOT gotten a chance to watch the two commentaries). First up is the "Heeeere's Chucky" featurette. A featurette that lasts something like 5 minutes and contains two screen tests of Chucky trying to get into very well known films but not getting the job. This isn't very amusing, it has a moment that is somewhat amusing, but other than that, nothing.

Next, we have the "Hell-iday Slide Show" where we join Chucky, Tiffany and Glen on their couch at home watching clips of a vacation around the USA. This lasts probably about 5-7 minutes. It's somewhat amusing. But, really a one time thing only.

We then have the only deleted scene. In which we find ourselves in a dressing room where they are getting ready to use the Tiffany doll, but decide to use a midgit actress instead and Tiffany having an urge to kill her. The phone conversation she has before she kills
Spoiler:
Redman
is actually in this scene. The scene is stupid and I'm glad it was cut out. But, once you watch the film after seeing the deleted scene you'll say to yourself, well that could have helped a tad.

Then we have Jennifer Tilly's appearance on the Tonight Show where she writes a letter to Jay Leno showing how primative life is in Romania during the shooting. Once again, amusing, but nothing great.

Overall the DVD is worth it if you love the movie, but not worth it as a blind buy.
Old 06-04-05, 09:07 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi, you did not mention what the movie is about or anything about the plot, thanks
Old 06-04-05, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by ruk
hi, you did not mention what the movie is about or anything about the plot, thanks
Did you want me to, or are you thanking me for not doing that?
Old 06-05-05, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What happened to the documentary about the history of the child's play films? Did you just not review it?
Old 06-05-05, 06:52 PM

There was no history of the Child's Play films, there was an 18 minute featurette called "Conceiving the Seed of Chucky" where they referred to the other 4 films, but not a history of. Sorry for not including that.
Old 06-05-05, 07:15 PM
Suspended

It sounds like an awesome rental though, so I should be pleased.

The movie itself was disappointing compared to Bride, but still entertaining nonetheless.