Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Possible good news for fans of Chappelle's Show...

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-05, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This could be good news for fans of the show...

Report: Chappelle Gives Surprise L.A. Show
Jun 3, 2:32 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Is Dave Chappelle back? The AWOL comedian dropped in unannounced at two popular comedy clubs Thursday night, saying he had just arrived in Los Angeles and felt like performing, Daily Variety reported Friday.

Chappelle served up some impromptu standup to stunned audiences at the Hollywood Improv and the Comedy Store, the trade paper said.

Chappelle, 31, took off last month to South Africa for a "spiritual retreat," leaving his fans - and even his agent and publicist - wondering where he went.

After Comedy Central announced that the planned May 31 debut of the third season of "Chappelle's Show" had been postponed, the magazine Entertainment Weekly reported that Chappelle had checked himself into a mental health facility in South Africa.

But Chappelle denied checking into a mental facility or having a drug problem in an interview with Time magazine.

Instead, he fled to stay with friends in Durban because he wasn't happy with the direction of the show, which is behind only "South Park" as Comedy Central's most-watched program.

Calls to Chappelle's publicist and Comedy Central were not immediately returned Friday morning.

An unnamed Comedy Central representative told Variety that network officials would be sitting down with Chappelle to talk business "really, really soon."
Old 06-03-05, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welll boo freaking hooo..... he needs to stop the insanity and get with the show
Old 06-03-05, 03:24 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by raven56706
welll boo freaking hooo..... he needs to stop the insanity and get with the show
Did somebody say "Stop the insanity!?!"
Old 06-03-05, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that I have my season two DVDs, all I care about is that if the show returns, it's funny. They can take another year for all I care to make that happen.