Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1980 w/Jeff Goldblum)??

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-05, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm reading the Washington Irving short story now, and its conjuring up images of the 1980 TV movie starring Jeff Goldblum as Ichabod Crane.

I'd love to see that again. Any word on a DVD release?
Old 06-03-05, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been wondering about this for years but I never mentioned anything because I thought no one else would know what I was talking about. I'd like to have this on DVD. I once owned a VHS copy released by Starmaker Video, coincidentally a number of features released on video by Starmaker have been released by Anchor Bay on DVD.
Old 06-03-05, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Been a big time fan since early childhood of anything Sleepy Hollow, Ichabod Crane, and the Headless Horseman. Loved just about every incarnation in which it's appeared. I, too, have longed for the Jeff Goldblum version on DVD. Would also love to see Night of the Headless Horseman, the animated one from 1999 with the voices of William H. Macy, Tia Carrere, and Luke Perry.

Have a VHS copy of the Jeff Goldblum film, but it was recorded from a TV broadcast when I was a kid, at a time when the signal from our antenna was terrible. A DVD would be most welcome.

--THX
Old 01-28-07, 08:17 PM
Cool New Member

I have very, very fond memories of this TV movie. I also have this on VHS tape, taped from the original, first-run NBC broadcast including the bumpers. My poor VHS tape has become barely watchable. Sadly this hasn't aired in years, and has become obscure. I never understood why this isn't aired on television anymore. Has anyone contacted Anchor Bay about this? If they could release it, it would be great.

Last edited by macphoen; 01-28-07 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-28-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Was this even released on laserdisc?