Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Gilmore Girls Season 4 09/27/05

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gilmore Girls Season 4 09/27/05

From tvshowsondvd.com:Moola moola! Lorelai's finally opens the Dragonfly Inn, although it takes her last dime (and a loan from Luke). The Gilmore girls return for another scintillating, snappy-patter year of Gilmore Girls. Welcome, Gilmore groupies, to the fourth season of the series acclaimed for its agile balance of life and laughter. Oh yes, and love. Lorelai has a romantic fling with her father's new, younger partner, but ends the year with the guy every fan has known was right for her all along. For Rory, Cupid seems to be on sabbatical - then Dean and Jess re-enter her life. Sookie gets a Davey, Lane gets a life, Kirk gets a girlfriend(!) and you get a 22-episode vacation in Stars Hollow, plus DVD Extras and a mint on the pillow. This 6 disc set will contain all 22 episodes, and retail for $59.98 on September 27 and comes with the standard specs; full frame video (1.33:1)*, English stereo track, and English, Spanish and French subtitles.

*We've received a number of emails from people pointing out that season 4 was broadcast in widescreen as well as full frame. We asked Warner Bros about this and they replied that the creator of the show, Amy Sherman, preferred the full frame version of the show. EPISODES:
#1 Ballrooms and Biscotti
#2 The Lorelais' First Day at Yale
#3 The Hobbit, the Sofa, and Digger Stiles
#4 Chicken or Beef?
#5 The Fundamental Things Apply
#6 An Affair to Remember
#7 The Festival of Living Art
#8 Die, Jerk
#9 Ted Koppel's Big Night Out
#10 The Nanny and the Professor
#11 In the Clamor and the Clangor
#12 A Family Matter
#13 Nag Hammadi Is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels
#14 The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais
#15 Scene in a Mall
#16 The Reigning Lorelai
#17 Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin' the Twist
#18 Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom!
#19 Afterboom
#20 Luke Can See Her Face
#21 Last Week Fights, This Week Tights
#22 Raincoats and Recipes
Extras will include:
Who Wants To Get Together - a montage of the season's best hook-ups
Goodies & Gossip - Fun Factios appear on screen throughout the Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin' the Twist episode
Stars Hollow Interactive Triva Game
Additional Scenes
Gilmore-isms Booklet (we assume it'll be with this set, since the previous 2 had them)

Will add new cover once I get it.

Last edited by bigjim25; 06-02-05 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-01-05, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ask and sometimes ye shall recieve. Excellent news and let's all hope Warner does a better job on the extras front....also if the recording of cast commentaries is true, I hope it isn't for a double dip of the first three seasons.
Old 06-01-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Originally Posted by D.Zero
Ask and sometimes ye shall recieve. Excellent news and let's all hope Warner does a better job on the extras front....also if the recording of cast commentaries is true, I hope it isn't for a double dip of the first three seasons.
I think the recording is for the fourth season. TV sets are hardly ever douple dipped. The tv on dvd market is alot smaller than the movie market. The only tv set that I can think of that they are releasing a SE of is CSI Season 1 and they are really just releasing a widescreen version of it.
Old 06-01-05, 01:29 PM

No you are right, Farscape & CSI are the only two I can think of off the top of my head. I hope they are for seasons 4 & 5, and I'll be glad to have them but I guess I'm just a little cynical.
Old 06-01-05, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
... and of course, Star Trek: The Original Series and The Twilight Zone. But, yes, I highly doubt we're going to see a double-dip of S1-3.

Great news about S4!
Old 06-01-05, 04:43 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Well, the quicker they get these out, the better.
Old 06-02-05, 12:44 AM

well, according to DVD Answers, no commentaries for S4 and still with the full screen. Great show still getting lackluster treatment by WHV.

Warner has officially announced season four of Gilmore Girls which stars Lauren Graham, Edward Herrmann, Kelly Bishop, Alexis Bledel and Scott Patterson. The six-disc package will be available to own from the 27th September this year, priced at around $59.98. Each of the twenty-two episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English 2.0 Stereo Surround tracks. Extra material will include additional scenes, a Stars Hollow Interactive Trivia Game, a Who Wants To Get Together montage of the season's best hook-ups, and a Fun Factios feature in which 'fun facts' appear on screen throughout the Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin' the Twist episode.
Old 06-02-05, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From the tvshowsondvd site:

*We've received a number of emails from people pointing out that season 4 was broadcast in widescreen as well as full frame. We asked Warner Bros about this and they replied that the creator of the show, Amy Sherman, preferred the full frame version of the show.
Old 06-02-05, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by bboisvert
... and of course, Star Trek: The Original Series and The Twilight Zone. But, yes, I highly doubt we're going to see a double-dip of S1-3.

Great news about S4!
And Season 1 of I Love Lucy.
Old 06-02-05, 02:33 PM

D.Zero, I'd hardly say the show is getting lackluster treatment from WHV. The featurettes on S3 and the just-announced S4 are a lot of fun and very much in keeping with the spirit of the show, and while the lack of commentaries is a drag, it's a natural result, I think, of the DVDs coming out while the series is still in production. I know people with connections to the show, who tell me that Amy Sherman-Palladino's tendency to deliver scripts at the last second, etc., rivals that of Aaron Sorkin on THE WEST WING back in the day (she hasn't gotten in trouble with the studio the way Sorkin did because the show is far cheaper to produce, so the budget overruns aren't as bad). If you're a fan of the show, I think you'd agree that AS-P should keep new scripts her top priority, nice though it might be to get some commentaries from her. And yeah, widescreen would be nice, but if 1.33:1 is what AS-P wants, then I have no problem with it.

Now if you really want to talk about great shows gettin the shaft from WHV, how about EVERWOOD? S1 came out 9 months ago, and yet there's still no word about S2...
Old 06-02-05, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Andrew J. has a point, but my only question are the actors? If Amy Sherman-Palladino can't do the commentaries, what about the cast, or her husband, or the directors? My only hope is that after season seven (AS-P plans the show to run seven years) Warner will release a "best-of" collection with 15/20 episodes all with commentary.
Old 06-02-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What season ended on tv this year?
Old 06-02-05, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The special features are disgraceful. Good thing the show was amazing for 3 seasons and pretty good for 1. It's totally over-rated that fans want to hear from most show's creators anyway. It would be nice, but I'd prefer commentaries from Lauren and Alexis on several episodes and the rest of the cast in episodes where they are featured prominently.

If ASP is working extra hard on her scripts, it sure didn't show towards the end of season 5.
Old 06-03-05, 02:30 AM

Andrew, I certainly respect your point of view but I still feel that the extras leave a lot to be desired. Warner can and should do a much better job. As for aspect ratio, if the creator feels that the series is a "box" show and the image is composed for 4x3, I don't have a major problem with the DVD's reflecting that. As for the quality of the writing for seasons 4 & 5, I have no idea....I discovered the show via DVD and that is how I'm watching it.
Old 06-03-05, 11:05 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Lara Means
What season ended on tv this year?
The 5th - the best season yet.
Old 06-17-05, 12:37 PM
Suspended

Here's the full press release for this one:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Before the Sixth Season Begins – Catch Up with the Mother-Daughter Duo That has the Nation Saying "Where You Lead I Will Follow…"

GILMORE GIRLS: THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASON

Season Four of the The WB’s Much-Admired Series is
Available on DVD September 27, 2005 from Warner Home Video

BURBANK, CA (June 17, 2005) - The charming town of Stars Hollow is home to the Gilmore Girls – two caffeine driven women who look like sisters, talk like friends, but in actuality epitomize the ideal mother/daughter relationship. On September 27, 2005, fans will be able to bring home the signature rapid-fire dialogue and suds-free storylines when Warner Home Video presents Gilmore Girls: The Complete Fourth Season on DVD. The six disc collector’s set, featuring all 22 episodes from Season Four, is priced to own at $59.98 SRP (DVD).

Season Four unfolds with both Gilmore girls attempting to adjust to major life changes when Rory moves to Yale and Lorelai’s dream of owning an inn comes to fruition. Fortunately for Lorelai, Yale is much closer to home than the originally desired Harvard and Rory continues to find reasons to visit charming Stars Hollow whether it be a laundry emergency, the usual Friday night dinner or a well-needed trip to cure Lorelai of empty nest syndrome. Throughout the season, both Rory and Lorelai take their chances with dating, with the possibility of love might just be around the corner!

"The loyal fan base for Gilmore Girls continues to strengthen in both numbers and dedication with each new season," said Rosemary Markson, WHV Executive Director, TV Marketing. "Timed to coincide with the Season 6 premiere of Gilmore Girls, we anticipate the Season 4 release to continue to be a successful ‘must own‘ TV on DVD property."

Gilmore Girls: The Complete Fourth Season DVD Special Features include:
Unaired Scenes
Who Wants to Get Together – A montage of Season Four’s best "hook-up" scenes
Gilmore Goodies & Gossip – Fun factoids appear on screen during the Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin’ The Twist episode.
Stars Hollow Interactive Trivia game

Basics:
Street Date: September 27, 2005
Languages: English, Spanish, French Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Rating: NR
DVD Price: $59.98 SRP (NO MAP)
Feature run time: appx 990 mins