Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Obi Wan game for XBOX

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-05, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obi Wan game for XBOX

I've been on a Star Wars kick the last three or four months having beaten both KOTOR's, the Revenge of the Sith game, and Jedi Academy, and saw the Obi Wan game for 12 bucks at EB. Has anyone played it? Any good? Thanks for any replies. As far as the other SW games, I have no interest in Jedi Starfighter or the Clone wars since flight sims tend to give me motion sickness
Old 06-01-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 970 Likes on 702 Posts
Horrible game. Stay away! Get Jedi Knight 2. Even better than Jedi Academy IMHO.
Old 06-01-05, 10:42 AM

Yeah I played thru that on the PC. Is there any difference between it and the XBOX version? New missions, etc?
Old 06-01-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually really really liked Obi Wan for the Xbox, but I know I'm in the minority. It's not perfect, and there are tons of faults with the game, but there was just something about it that kept me playing.
Old 06-01-05, 10:52 AM

I've read about the lightsaber stuff, how is that Brent using the right analog stick?
Old 06-01-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,123 Likes on 687 Posts
Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
I actually really really liked Obi Wan for the Xbox, but I know I'm in the minority. It's not perfect, and there are tons of faults with the game, but there was just something about it that kept me playing.
I completely agree. It got horrible reviews but I enjoyed it. It was worth the 15 or 20 bucks I paid for it way back then. I would say check it out.
Old 06-01-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 970 Likes on 702 Posts
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
I completely agree. It got horrible reviews but I enjoyed it. It was worth the 15 or 20 bucks I paid for it way back then. I would say check it out.
Yeah, maybe I would have felt differently if I had waited for a price drop. I was very disappointed with it having spent $50 on it when it was released.
Old 06-01-05, 03:36 PM

I picked it up for 9 dollars and change after some trade credit and after the discount card, so even if I don't like it, I didn't lose much. I just wish that the lightsaber dueling in the ROTS game would become standard for all Star Wars games. It was fantastic.
Old 06-01-05, 04:48 PM

Word of warning about Obi-Wan if you haven't played it before:

If you have played the new Episode III game and the Jedi Academy games and then go to Obi-Wan the controls are totally different. I actually had Obi-Wan first but for various reasons I didn't get around to playing it all the way through. Then I got the two Jedi Academy games and finished them. When I went back to Obi-Wan I could not get used to the control scheme. It went to Blockbuster for trade!

Take care all!!
Old 06-04-05, 01:00 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its not a bad game, especially when you get it so cheap like I did. I love the button that makes Obi-Wan say "I dun't knullll" (I don't know).
Old 06-05-05, 12:49 AM

I enjoyed Obi Wan as well. I really like the right analog stikc control scheme
Old 06-06-05, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another vote for "liked." One of the VERY few games I've ever finished. (I play til I'm bored then move on. Not a "Gamer" by any means. But also finished Ep III before the film release.)

My fav of the cheesy/bad voice work was "I'm not shure." "Defend yourself!" Ha..that one just came to mind to.

Controls are diffferent to be sure, but a neat way to control a lightsaber. $15 or less I'd say go for it.

Edit to say, I see the OP already picked it up. Care ta share what ya think of it?

Last edited by BassDude; 06-06-05 at 04:27 PM.