Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

DirecTv free preview (upgrade) weekend, June 10-12.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, for some customers, depending on what package you have.

Total Choice customers will have Total Choice Plus, and Opción Extra Especial customers will have Opción Ultra Especial.

From the newsletter:
All TOTAL CHOICE customers can enjoy more family, music and sports programming with our TOTAL CHOICE® PLUS free preview, 6/10–6/12. View over 15 channels you won't see with the TOTAL CHOICE package, including Discovery Home, The Biography Channel, PBS Kids and Great American Country.
For the Spanish language package upgrade, I was read about that last night in a flier that came with my bill, same days (June 10 - 12) (I have Opción Extra Especial).
Old 05-31-05, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks on behalf of my Mom. I'll call and tell her about this. She gets very excited when she gets free channels.

I have the super throw your money away package so it won't effect me.
Old 06-09-05, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bump.

Of course, I've put my DirecTV on hold for five weeks since my wife and kids are at her mom's house, and there's too much around the house for me to do to justify keeping satellite (plus I'm saving about $45). I still have the networks because I have an antenna.
Old 06-10-05, 12:13 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
Of course, I've put my DirecTV on hold for five weeks since my wife and kids are at her mom's house, and there's too much around the house for me to do to justify keeping satellite (plus I'm saving about $45).
How do you go about putting on hold? I'd like to do the same thing while we are gone this summer.
Old 06-10-05, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
How do you go about putting on hold? I'd like to do the same thing while we are gone this summer.
Just call them up (1-800-DIR-ECTV) and say you're going to be gone on vacation and want to suspend your programming. There's a minimum of either four weeks or thirty days, can't remember which - mine is going to be gone for 5 weeks so I was over whatever the minimum was. There's no cost to reactivate it and you aren't paying the programming fees while it's inactive.

Note that if you just got DirecTV and have a one year obligation because of free equipment, you might not be able to do this, you'll have to ask.

With Dish Network, unless they've changed their policy, you can suspend your programming for any reasonable amount of time (maybe even a couple of weeks?), but there's a $5 per month inactivity fee. You could cancel your programming to avoid the $5 fee, but there's a $25 reactivation fee.

Last edited by Heat; 06-10-05 at 01:08 AM.