Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat: play/thoughts.. 1st impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat: play/thoughts.. 1st impressions

Just played this for the first time Its' a good game so far and looks great, the bongos definitely add to the fun and are a good laff to play with.
However in some ways it seems as if Nintendo designed a game with the bongos as a starting point, as I've literally only just started playing but have already beat Kingdoms 1 and 2.
How many are there? I guess the challenge comes from beating your score.
TBH I think playing with the bongos is half the fun. Without them it would be far too easy/dull IMO.
Old 05-31-05, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are 16 worlds, with 2 levels and a boss on each.
There are also a couple larger boss battles at the end.

Most of the worlds are easy to finish and if you just want to play through the game it should take under 5 hours playing time. Getting enough crests to unlock the final boss battles will take a little longer, since you need all golds or a mix of golds / platinums to have enough crests.

The real challenge is getting platinum crests for every level. You need to combo your way through most of the level to get the 1200 bananas for a platinum.
Old 05-31-05, 02:38 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked this up a month or so ago, along with Donkey Konga, but haven't played it much yet. Been hooked on Donkey Konga!
Old 06-11-05, 02:09 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Picked this up for $20 new at BBV this week and I must say "Wow" it's better than I thought.

We already have enough crests to unlock the "Peach Kingdom" (that's 16 I think) and I've just been going through and trying to get Silvers on 1-8 (5 down 3 to go). I almost had a gold on "Pineapple Kingdom" but Karate Kong handed me my butt.

from me!
Old 08-22-05, 01:45 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally got around to playing this yesterday.

What an awesome game. I played throught he first 4 worlds. Had a blast. The boss battles are especially creative and fun.

Does seem like it will be pretty short though. On the first four worlds I got Silvers on my first try on three of them and a gold on my first try on the other. Hopefully the later stages will be tougher.

At any rate, most fun I've had in a while.
Old 08-22-05, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The game is definitely fun. Yes, it is short, however, to get high scores on it needed to unlock everything you will have to replay the levels quite a bit and get good and combos, etc.

You can put some serious time into this one if you want to.