Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

How does one go about trying to get dvd release

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-05, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does one go about trying to get dvd release

there is alot of titles out there that i have fond memories of from my vhs days that haven't been released on dvd up to this point.. is there a way to find out a films status (if it will be released to dvd,etc).. then if a film isn't being released what is the best way to try and get it released? petition? emails?
Old 05-29-05, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
find out who owns it...do petitions and make phone calls....and start where is this title threads and hope that everyone replies. People at the studios watch these boards to see what people are talking about...so be specific...and use question marks when you make the post
Old 05-30-05, 12:02 AM

oh it actually would take effort on my part... crap i was afraid of that.

well for one i would like to know why in the gwiz beverly hills 90210 is not being released yet... it is only one of the most popular shows ever cmon.

how do you find out who owns the dvd rights? (even added a question mark)
Old 05-30-05, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is Beverly Hills 90210 ever coming to dvd

best way is to ask people here...or if it was ever released on vhs/laserdisc...many times the studio will be the same...amazon still list the studio who release tapes
Old 05-30-05, 12:16 AM

awesome.. that is great news about beverly hills 90210 i have been dying waiting.

now i just need to know about 100 or so other films.

well to make things easier just release every film and tv show ever made then there will be no issue... i look on imdb.com at my favorite stars and i am amazed at some of the stuff they were on like jessica alba for instance... doing tv shows like flipper and stuff like this that i would like to check out..

the distributors should just go to imdb.com look up some popular actors and release anything not out yet from all the shows to any film.