Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

IDOL on Larry King 5/27

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-05, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IDOL on Larry King 5/27

Bo and Carrie are on Larry King tonight.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/larry.king.live/
Old 05-27-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thank you, thank you -- must not miss Bo!

*edit*

I noticed Larry King plays 3 times today -- 3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. locally. Are these all reruns of the same show, or which would be the "Idol" one?

Last edited by rkndkn; 05-27-05 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-27-05, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rkndkn
I noticed Larry King plays 3 times today -- 3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. locally. Are these all reruns of the same show, or which would be the "Idol" one?

Hmmm.. in my area it plays at 9pm est. and repeats at midnight.
I've never seen Larry King on at 3 or 6 pm. but, I'm on the east coast..
Maybe it's different in your area.
Old 05-27-05, 02:14 PM

Septemberbaby,

That helps a lot, thank you! Considering the time difference, I think your 9:00 p.m. showing is our 3:00 p.m. showing. Since it repeats at midnight there, that should be our 6:00 p.m., meaning I don't have to run home during work to set my recorder and can catch the rerun! Thank you!
Old 05-27-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rkndkn
Septemberbaby,

That helps a lot, thank you! Considering the time difference, I think your 9:00 p.m. showing is our 3:00 p.m. showing. Since it repeats at midnight there, that should be our 6:00 p.m., meaning I don't have to run home during work to set my recorder and can catch the rerun! Thank you!

Are all your shows like that? Or just certain ones?
What time did you watch Idol? Where you on tape delay?
Old 05-27-05, 03:46 PM

Just certain ones. Stations like CNN are "live" here, so the times can be at odd hours for us.

All of the dramas and regular series are delayed here to run during OUR "prime time". The performance "Idol" shows ran here from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. our time on tape delay. So when Hawaii is voting from 8:00 to 10:00 p.m., the mainland has already finished and is asleep -- which is why Jasmine Trias did so well -- more lines for us! (Although I personally was NOT a Trias supporter.)

Last edited by rkndkn; 05-27-05 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-27-05, 04:15 PM
Banned

Idol on Larry King?

More like Idol and Assclown on Larry King.
Old 05-27-05, 05:24 PM

Get some better threadcraps, dude. You hate Bo. We get it. Move on with your life.

I wonder if this will actually be live or a pretaped episode. If it's live, Larry usually takes viewer calls and the potential for a nut getting through is always there.
Old 05-27-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by gnradd21
If it's live, Larry usually takes viewer calls and the potential for a nut getting through is always there.

You mean like the above poster?

According to the website .. it's live.
Old 05-27-05, 09:40 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I watched it.

Seacrest sat in for King and Paula, Randy, Carrie and Bo were in the studio, Simon came in via a phone call about 20 mins into the show.

It was basically a bunch of sunshine and congratulations and reviewing the last few shows. They only took three call since Seacrest wasn't familiar with the switch board.

There was a call for Bo from some one who is on dialisis and listening to him music downloaded from the internet (pirate?) what wanted to know what's next for him and if he got a record deal.

There was a call for Carrie that was similar to Bo's sans the dialisis and piracy part.

A caller wanted to know if they liked Baby V(onzell) and if she was going to have a future.

The funniest part was when they should the Amy Poeler as Paula on AI bit on SNL a few weeks back, and they teased her that Amy could impersonate her clap very well and they asked her why she can't clap normal so she told them it was her rings and then proceeded to take them off to prove she could clap right... aw the magic of cable tv.

The second best part was when Simon broke in towards the line and asked if he could leave, since he hadn't been asked anything for about 10 mins.

Anyway, it'll be repeated again tonight if you want to see it.
Old 05-27-05, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Elldubtoo
Idol on Larry King?

More like Idol and Assclown on Larry King.
Seriously dude - move on with your life. Not a single person here, besides yourself, finds it amusing outside of the first 20 times you told us how much you hate Bo. For someone that has absolutely no affect on your life, you sure obsess over the guy. Hmmmm...wait a second.....