DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Recommend me other Live FPS

menaz
05-26-05, 05:29 PM
I'm getting pretty sick of Halo 2, and I'm looking for something else to play on Live. So far I have tried Men of Valor, Rainbow Six 3, Ghost Recon, Counter Strike, and XIII. I didnt really enjoy any of them. Men of Valor and Ghost Recon made me feel like I was shooting at dots, all the players are so far away and look so tiny, it got very frustrating. Rainbow Six 3, and Counter Strike all annoyed me because whenever I die, I have to wait for my teammates to finish playing to be able to play again. XIII plays way too fast and there are hardly any people playing. The one I am almost certain I would like is RTCW, but I'm not sure how many people are playing that still.

Anything else out there that I should try? I was getting excited about Brothers in Arms but apparently that game is only objective based, and my least favorite thing to play on Halo 2 or any other FPS is CTF.

Decker
05-27-05, 01:29 AM
Don't know how good it is, but Goldeneye : Rogue Agent is $9.99 new at EBGames.com (or at least it was yesterday). For that price, I'll give it a try.
edit : It still is (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/242294.asp?siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-RovA7TVCGZ7hKwKBtes9vA)

Doom 3 and Unreal Championship 2 are certainly the other best FPS on Live right now.

Dragon Fly
05-27-05, 02:44 AM
Castle Wolfenstein is really good, but who knows if anyone still plays it. Area 51 has some nice modes as well.

DJ_Longfellow
05-27-05, 08:32 AM
Ghost Recon 2 is a GOOD improvement over the first one.

Pariah is fun...map editor
Timesplitters is really good...map editor also.

Doom 3 SUCKS on LIVE (4 players max...no real options)...unless you want Co-Op
GoldenEye was fair....worth the $10
UC2 was ok...I did not like it though, a bit fast and did not prefer the melee combat

Gromit
05-27-05, 10:32 PM
Ghost Recon 2 is a GOOD improvement over the first one.

I loved the first Ghost Recon games (the original and Island Thunder) but don't care for GR 2 at all.

Rent both, they are very different.

Calico
05-28-05, 03:14 PM
I'm thinking of checking out Republic Commando for Xbox - anyone try it? What did you think? Just watered down Rainbow Six, or can it stand on its own?