Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Clarissa: Season 1" has the original opening on one episode

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 05-22-05, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last episode on the set, "Sick Days", has the original opening sequence.

The reasoning behind this is that "Sick Days" was pulled from the air years ago after parents complained the episode would encourage kids to skip school.

When The N aired reruns up until last year, "Sick Days" wasn't part of the episode rotation and therefore the opening sequence wasn't replaced with the second season intro like they did with the rest of the first season episodes.

Thought you might find that interesting.
Old 05-22-05, 06:11 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Cool. Can you jog my memory (since I won't get Clarissa), what IS the original opening? All I remember is her and her family just kinda running in and out of the camera
Old 05-22-05, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Cool. Can you jog my memory (since I won't get Clarissa), what IS the original opening? All I remember is her and her family just kinda running in and out of the camera
Check it out here:

http://www.obkb.com/media/tv/series/...g/f_openo.html
Old 05-22-05, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info... I forgot about that opening... I have the whole series on VHS, but I didn't record them, only watched a couple. I'll have to check to see if these have the original opening or not. Probably not, I think these were taped around 92-93.
Old 05-22-05, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by JP5683
Thanks for the info... I forgot about that opening... I have the whole series on VHS, but I didn't record them, only watched a couple. I'll have to check to see if these have the original opening or not. Probably not, I think these were taped around 92-93.
Yeah probably not. I remember when Nickelodeon began premiering new episodes Saturday nights on SNICK (I think around '92) and they put the new opening on all the previous episodes. I kinda got annoyed by that a bit. Its great though that at least one episode has the original opening.
Old 05-22-05, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was too young to see the first couple season the first time they aired, so this is pretty awesome to watch an opening I never knew exsisted.
Old 05-22-05, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I recall the original opening sequence, which makes me wonder why I was watching the show at all when I was 19 years-old.
Old 05-22-05, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I remember watching the series on a regular basis when I was a child, but I NEVER remember seeing that opening. NEVER.
Old 05-23-05, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok. Watched parts of about 30 episodes. According to this site, not only did the first season have the different opening, all but one episode of season 2 did as well.

21 of the episodes that I have on tape contain the original opening.

Wow!

There is part of the opening missing on that page with the vidcaps. She puts on that monster costume Ferguson is carrying, along with oversized feet and strikes a pose. When Clarissa hugs her mother, you can see she is still wearing this costume, minus the head.

Supposedly, the first episode with the new opening is "Total TV" but in the cold open for this episode, Clarissa is wearing the ant PJ's.

I don't know when all the episodes were taped, the commercials are cut out, but there are a couple of mentions of Snick, and Fifteen in between eps.

I got these in trade about five years or so ago, and just checked each tape to make sure it worked and then boxed them and put them away.

I miss this show. Melissa was just shy of 15 when this show started. Hard to believe she's 29 now.
Old 05-23-05, 05:31 AM

I clearly remember both intros. Do you think that the UK audience got to see the season 1 episodes with the costumes etc (as displayed in the link posted by nightwing82)?
Old 05-23-05, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I remember the original opening.
Old 05-23-05, 12:02 PM

I went to high school with Ferguson aka Jason Zimbler. Very funny guy.
Old 05-23-05, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I totally forgot about that opening. That is so awesome. It's amazing that this is all bringing back some really great memories of my childhood.
Old 05-23-05, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's been so long I had forgotten that opening... But seeing those pictures brought it all back. Just reading the bit about the monster costume, I suddenly had her running around in it in my mind even without any screencaps of it on that site. Amazing the little things we remember after over a decade...

Neat bit of info, when I can actually find the Clarissa set at a B&M store, I'll check it out, thanks.
Old 05-24-05, 01:30 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Yep, I remember both intors as well. Can't really forget the ant pajamas and monster suit, lol.
Old 05-25-05, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

thats a good thing to know...got pete & pete and now the wife wants clarrisa....

i think these Nick dvd's have more multiple threads for any title I have seen this year
Old 05-25-05, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
thats a good thing to know...got pete & pete and now the wife wants clarrisa....

i think these Nick dvd's have more multiple threads for any title I have seen this year

How is the Pete & Pete transfer. I heard it looks like Crap. I hope they did a good transfer for Clarissa. I am probably going toget both titles eventually. Maybe when DDD has their 20% off sale.