Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Why are the Alien Jedi such Wimps ?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-22-05, 01:44 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

They get killed sooo easily

that pissed me off
Old 05-22-05, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
I wouldn't say that. One has to remember that Eps I-III have been showing the Jedi at the end of their Glory Days. They're in the process of having their asses kicked in a slow methodic manner throughout all three movies.
Old 05-22-05, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yoda?
Old 05-22-05, 03:49 AM

Except Yoda of course

It's just they seem to go down so easily

Look at Sidious, when Windu and the other jedi went to arrest him as Palpy, the two alien jedi went down with one blow !
Old 05-22-05, 04:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it's a bit hard to deflect fire from like 20 Clonetroopers...
Old 05-22-05, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
especially when they shoot you in the back. I think that no matter if you were an alien or human jedi. Your troops turning on you out of nowhere would lead to a quick demise.
Old 05-22-05, 06:29 AM

But aren't Jedi supposed to sense these things ?
Old 05-22-05, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There were too many clontroppers shooting at them, the incredible volume was enough to kill them. A Jedi can sense all they want, but they can only block so many blaster shots.
Old 05-22-05, 08:28 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I was disappointed that the chick didn't even put up a fight.
Old 05-22-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
Isn't Mace Windu an alien? He's supposed to be 800 years old, isn't he?

Don't the Star Wars "humans" have lifespans like Earth humans?
Old 05-22-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Isn't Mace Windu an alien? He's supposed to be 800 years old, isn't he?

Don't the Star Wars "humans" have lifespans like Earth humans?
No, Mace is just a regular human. I've never heard anything about Star Wars humans living past a normal Earth life expectancy, except perhaps Palpatine, who may be very much older due to his use of the dark side.
Old 05-22-05, 11:03 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Look at Sidious, when Windu and the other jedi went to arrest him as Palpy, the two alien jedi went down with one blow !
Yeah, that was pretty lame. I was hoping for a lot more exciting duel right there.
Old 05-22-05, 08:29 PM

where was the "force push". that could of been used to get out of town. the "push" is what i was thinking when the clonetroopers turned on the jedi. jedi are viewed as idiots for not using that. no, but instead they think they're in yankee stadium swinging away at schilling. the jedi masters must of learned the ways of the jedi by reading a book. like freakin daniel laruso in the karate kid.
Old 05-22-05, 11:22 PM
mvc

Yah this part kind of confused me. Most of the Jedi Masters died so easily. And talking about the part with Sidious, Mace, and the alien Jedi, they could have orchestrated an interesting 3 on 1 fight there. Very disappointing.
Old 05-22-05, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think something that isn't explained, but that I can assume myself to fill in some gaps, is that almost none of the Jedi, human or alien, have ever faced an equal opponent in a life or death lightsaber duel. In fact, before the Clone Wars, I doubt most had seen large-scale battle.

The Sith suddenly show up again and only a few get real experience facing them: Obi-wan, Anakin, Yoda, Qui-gon. Some Jedi may have experience from the past, but I bet only a few at the most.

This could explain why they fall so easily, even to Grievous. Facing an opponent with a lightsaber, who knows how to use it, would be a big change and a deadly battle. If the Jedi is not ready, they are dead.

As for dying by Clone, I think for many it is also a lack of experience, even for Masters. The dark side hid itself well, and none of the Jedi expected the army to suddenly turn on them. The only Jedi who seemed to figure it out in time was Yoda, and most likely only because he felt the other Jedi die. Even Obi-wan has attacked successfully, but managed to survive the fall and swim to safety. Jedi can sense a trap and danger it seems, but perhaps when you are engaged in battle with emotions high, it becomes harder to distiguish the true nature of feelings?

Last edited by outer-edge; 05-22-05 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-22-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah I was disappointed that Kit Fisto and I think (from memory) Saesee Tinn (sp) died so easily (they were in the room with Mace and emperor)
Old 05-29-05, 11:13 AM

OK given the fact that vader is awesome yada yada. how is it in ESB he can block han's blaster shots with his HAND!!!!!!!! And yet every other jedi gets wasted or has to use their saber to deflect it. Especially the masters and the dumb jedi that jumps on the balcony in EP2 and gets wasted by Jango's guns. I mean vader using his hand is just awesome, but I don't buy the argument that he has the "mechanical body parts" lasers blow up machines too. So needless to say it sucks that jedi's gets wasted by laser guns.
Old 05-29-05, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
Yeah I was disappointed that Kit Fisto and I think (from memory) Saesee Tinn (sp) died so easily (they were in the room with Mace and emperor)
Wasn't there 4 jedi that go to arrest Palpy? I am thinking that Agen Kolar was the first to die but I very well may be wrong? Anybody know for sure? Anyway, I was a little disappointed with that fight scene. I would have like Palpy to use some force push or that lighting stuff and maybe a couple red royal guards come rushing in to help Palpy out. Palpy killing them in close quarters with just a lightsaber was filmed kinda lame. I still love the movie though!

Last edited by JohnDoeUSA; 05-29-05 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-29-05, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
But aren't Jedi supposed to sense these things ?
Yes, and I think Ki-Adi-Mundi does to some degree, or it could be that all his clone forces stop and turn their blaster right at him. Anyway, I think if order "66" was executed at the same time than Jedi would have little to no time, however if "66" was not executed at the same time than some Jedi Masters should have sensed death among their own. Did Yoda sense this or was it Anakin's "turning" that he sense? Are was it the death of Jedi who went to arrest Palpy?
Old 05-29-05, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Might explain why Palpy chose only humans to run the empire after the Clone Wars. He saw how much aliens sucked. GO HUMANS! WOO!
Old 05-29-05, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by squaresoft7
OK given the fact that vader is awesome yada yada. how is it in ESB he can block han's blaster shots with his HAND!!!!!!!! And yet every other jedi gets wasted or has to use their saber to deflect it. Especially the masters and the dumb jedi that jumps on the balcony in EP2 and gets wasted by Jango's guns. I mean vader using his hand is just awesome, but I don't buy the argument that he has the "mechanical body parts" lasers blow up machines too. So needless to say it sucks that jedi's gets wasted by laser guns.
That was explained over a century ago. His suit is made with mandalorian armor, which is resistent to blaster fire and lightsabers. That's also why when Luke slashes him in Episode V it barely nicks him.
Old 05-29-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The prequels show that although the Jedi are great and all, they aren't godlike fighters. And when you look at the OT, you see that there's no reason to think that.

I see them as something close to Navy Seals x 10.

999 times out of a 1000, they will kick your ass, but there's always a chance.

D
Old 05-29-05, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Superboy
That was explained over a century ago. His suit is made with mandalorian armor, which is resistent to blaster fire and lightsabers. That's also why when Luke slashes him in Episode V it barely nicks him.

yeah maybe the armor, but his gloves? how can he hold a lightsaber and be flexible if the palms of his hands are armor plated?
Old 05-30-05, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it was wise of Lucas to show the Emperor's plan of haveing the Jedi by themselves on each of their missions with just the clone army. By seperating the Jedi it was easier to show how they would be killed off. The only arguement I would have is that the Clone Wars cartoon clearly shows that Windu is able to fend off hundreds of the hugh droids by himself. I would have liked to see the Jedi put up more of a fight, but it would have diminished Yoda's scene.
Old 05-31-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts
I actually enjoyed the extermination sequence a lot. I felt it was pretty realistic, with most of the Jedi managing to put up a fight but ultimately overwhelmed by the sheer volume of fire being directed at them.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.