Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Will we ever see a Buffy The Vampire Slayer Movie with TV cast??

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Will we ever see a Buffy The Vampire Slayer Movie with TV cast??
Yes we will
8.70%
No we won't
69.57%
Anything is possible, Hollywood milks anything and everything anyways.
21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-05, 01:51 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this was rumbled about years ago trying to get the cast together for a big screen movie. Now that the show has been off the air for a while, is this possability dead? Is this in Joss's past to re-visit? he seems busy with Serenity and Wonder Woman now.

Would anybody want to even see this on the big screen? I enjoyed the series seasons 1-4 and lost interest quickly after that.

I don't want this to turn in talk about the TV show, I would like to hear some thoughts about a big screen version of this show. yes? No? Maybe?

Lets hear it.
Old 05-20-05, 02:27 AM

Nope. It will never happen, so don't even bother thinking about it. If a time for it existed, it has long since passed.

L8r
Old 05-20-05, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
That's a bit rash of an answer. I mean, the show has only been off the air for 2 years. The first Star Trek movie came out 10 years after the show had been cancelled, so the time is far from past.
Old 05-20-05, 05:40 AM
Suspended

The original cast has since become much more expensive, since they are more famous and are a bigger draw. So I doubt it would ever happen.
Old 05-20-05, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The only two members of the original cast who have had any measure of success outside of Buffy so far are Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alyson Hannigan. Alyson's only success has been in the American Pie films, so she's not likely to be too expensive. The real stumbling block is SMG, who's been successful in a number of different films and hasn't shown interest in returning to Buffy yet. I still don't think she would be too expensive, since she's not yet a major box-office draw.

Really several things have to happen before this film can be made. A studio has to be interested in making it (so far no). Joss Whedon has to be available to make it (he's got Serenity and Wonder Woman on his plate right now). Finally, the cast has to want to return (if they really wanted to make it they could take pay cuts if that were necessary).

For the immediate future, a Buffy feature film doesn't seem likely. But I still think it's a possibility
Old 05-20-05, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love to see one, but I doubt it would happen.
Old 05-20-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
I believe SMG has already publically stated that she has no interest in playing that character again.
Old 05-20-05, 11:32 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay G.
The only two members of the original cast who have had any measure of success outside of Buffy so far are Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alyson Hannigan.
Anthony Stewart Head was the star of a British TV show called Manchild.
Old 05-20-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wendersfan
Anthony Stewart Head was the star of a British TV show called Manchild.
riiiight.

maybe if you said michelle trachtenberg or eliza dushku i'd agree. but a 2 year tv show stint does not a success make.

please just let buffy die.
Old 05-20-05, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by pdinosaur
riiiight.

maybe if you said michelle trachtenberg or eliza dushku i'd agree. but a 2 year tv show stint does not a success make.
I was just pointing out that, relatively speaking, Head's been getting more work than any of the former cast members, with the possible exception of SMG. What's Hannigan done since the show ended? A failed pilot and a few guest shots on Veronica Mars? At least Dushku had a series, although I don't consider her a full-fledged cast member.

non sequitur, but I agree completely.
Old 05-20-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was just pointing out that, relatively speaking, Head's been getting more work than any of the former cast members, with the possible exception of SMG. What's Hannigan done since the show ended? A failed pilot and a few guest shots on Veronica Mars? At least Dushku had a series, although I don't consider her a full-fledged cast member.

non sequitur, but I agree completely.

looks like hanny's on the stage right now and i thought i just saw her on sched for a tv show next fall. but yeah. dunno that she's lit the world on fire either. maybe i'm getting my wish! buffy's fading away!

i'm not concerned with dushku's tv stuff. Bring it On was sooo awesome.

"missy's the poo. so take a big whiff!"
Old 05-20-05, 01:09 PM

Why all the Buffy hate? What did the show ever do to you?
Old 05-20-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it was that fricking musical. you know you've outlived your welcome if you're throwing out random gimmick's like that. right drew carey?
Old 05-20-05, 01:17 PM

it was that fricking musical. you know you've outlived your welcome if you're throwing out random gimmick's like that. right drew carey?
That's my single favorite episode of any TV show, ever.
Old 05-20-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's my single favorite episode of any TV show, ever.
damn you, you contrary contrarian.
Old 05-20-05, 01:51 PM

damn you, you contrary contrarian.
Hell, just last night while driving to the grocery store I was listening to the original cast recording soundtrack CD...
Old 05-20-05, 02:50 PM
Suspended

Lots of great points about the topic. I totally didn't even think about the cast, while I am sure you could get most back, your mountain would be SMG, while I guess she has stated she doesn't want to return to that world, she could look at it as a huge payday, knowing that a studio wants to pursue this, they really can't do a film without her, so she could demand big $$$ which in turn would kill the budget.

I agree the show hasn't been gone that long, and a movie would be possible, but I think with the success I think Serenity will have (possible sequels) and WW, this could open the door for other projecdts for Joss, and not just Buffy, we will see.
Old 05-21-05, 06:02 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
riiiight.

Wow. You must be 14, right?
Old 05-21-05, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by matome
Love to see one, but I doubt it would happen.
That's my answer as well.
Old 05-21-05, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Just not going to happen.
Old 05-21-05, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Buffy movie is still 10x a better idea than a Firefly movie. Oh wait..
Old 05-21-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What exactly would you like to see in a Buffy movie? I mean, they had about 150 hours of TV time and managed to cover quite a wide gambit, from (many) apocalypses, to 4-inch demons. I think the last two seasons showed that the creative tank was running pretty low.

And for the record, I am much, much happier to see a Firefly movie opposed to a Buffy movie. I'm a bigger fan of Buffy, but Firefly had so much more unused potential.
Old 05-21-05, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by wmansir
What exactly would you like to see in a Buffy movie? I mean, they had about 150 hours of TV time and managed to cover quite a wide gambit, from (many) apocalypses, to 4-inch demons. I think the last two seasons showed that the creative tank was running pretty low.

And for the record, I am much, much happier to see a Firefly movie opposed to a Buffy movie. I'm a bigger fan of Buffy, but Firefly had so much more unused potential.
I agree, except my standard caveat that S6 was my favorite season of Buffy. My fear is that any movie would be like "Escape from Gilligan's Island" or some shit like that - just an excuse to see the old gang and trot out the old cliches.
Old 05-21-05, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wmansir
What exactly would you like to see in a Buffy movie?
Well, a "ten years later" plotline would be interesting, let us see where the characters have gone since the show ended. Of course, then we'd have to wait ten years for a movie.....
Old 05-21-05, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
It's never going to happen, Buffy has come and gone, it's over

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.