Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Surreal Life Season 4 Reunion show - air dates inside...

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going through my TIVO and noticed there is a reunion show that will air at the following times:

5/29 11:00am eastern
5/29 8:00pm eastern
5/29 11:00pm eastern
5/30 7:00pm eastern
5/31 12:00pm eastern

so in case anyone wants to see whats been going on with those crazy cast members here's your chance.
Old 05-19-05, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have they had 4 seasons yet? I thought season 3 was the last one with the brady kid, d-brat, mini-me, etc
Old 05-19-05, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Looks like on the 29th they will also show the entire season back-to-back after between the two reunion airings.
Old 09-15-05, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So has anyone else watched the unofficial sequel to Surreal Life season 4, "My Fair Brady?" Does it warrant a thread?
Old 09-15-05, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
So has anyone else watched the unofficial sequel to Surreal Life season 4, "My Fair Brady?" Does it warrant a thread?
The promos for this show were really good and I had no idea this was even in the works. I was never a Curry fan but she looks damn good on this new show. Chris is definately under pressure from her to marry.
Old 09-15-05, 05:17 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So season 3 spun off into Strange Love with Flav & Brigitte, and season 4 spun off into My Fair Brady. I wonder if season 5 will warrant a spin off. Maybe a buddy comedy with Janice and Omarosa?
Old 09-15-05, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
The promos for this show were really good and I had no idea this was even in the works. I was never a Curry fan but she looks damn good on this new show. Chris is definately under pressure from her to marry.
She's what every guy thinks he wants in a woman, but Christopher Knight is so level headed (see the Bonaduce thread for where he could be instead) he can't seem to help but wonder if this is can actually work or is it too good to be true. He can probably finally understand why Tony Nelson was so hesitant to get it on with Jeannie, something which you would think should have been a slam dunk. Also, I don't know if it was for the show, but Florence Henderson sure acts like she's really his mom.
Old 09-15-05, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

She's what every guy thinks he wants in a woman, but Christopher Knight is so level headed (see the Bonaduce thread for where he could be instead) he can't seem to help but wonder if this is can actually work or is it too good to be true. He can probably finally understand why Tony Nelson was so hesitant to get it on with Jeannie, something which you would think should have been a slam dunk. Also, I don't know if it was for the show, but Florence Henderson sure acts like she's really his mom.

I know one of the two people in this couple quite well and let me just say that this is not even close to an accurate representation of their relationship.

Both of them are "acting" for the camera (which surprised me when I saw it) and I think that's why the show is really dull. Although, I didn't think it would be very good when the idea was pitched to them.
Old 09-15-05, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Scripted reality? Do tell! How are they different?

The show is almost an extension of their Surreal Life antics. But from what I saw of press clippings after Surreal Life they seemed to be doing pretty normal things, like hanging out at NASCAR races and the like.
Old 09-15-05, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Scripted reality? Do tell! How are they different?

The show is almost an extension of their Surreal Life antics. But from what I saw of press clippings after Surreal Life they seemed to be doing pretty normal things, like hanging out at NASCAR races and the like.
Oh, I forgot, you can't make a post without taking a jab at someone or being sarcastic.

Oh, and because you've seen them on tv, you know everything about what normal is.

You know whether it's normal for Chris to watch while Adrianne eats cake off Jane's boobs or whether Chris would actually make out with Jane in front of so many people including his girlfriend.

The show with Danny Bonaduce does not "come across" as scripted or that they are playing up their problems for the camera (although, duh, they very well be, nice catch with that). That, in my opinion, makes it far more interesting to watch. The show with Chris and Adrianne has the opposite behavior and I feel the opposition reaction while watching. Sorry for having an opinion that wasn't pre-approved by you.

Bill Needle knows everything about everyone.
Old 09-16-05, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I'm actually curious which one you know, and what's the difference. I haven't watched the show (did watch surreal life), but she's definitely hot although I don't think I could seriously date someone that out there.
Old 09-16-05, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I'm actually curious which one you know, and what's the difference. I haven't watched the show (did watch surreal life), but she's definitely hot although I don't think I could seriously date someone that out there.
Technically, I know them both, but they are both relatively new to one another's lives, so I really one know one well. Trust me, it's not bragging to know someone who's probably lower than Kathy Griffin on the Hollywood totem poll and she considers herself D-list. I had no idea this would happen. I would never write about either of them or anything personal I may or may not know here, because that would just be rude.

But they both take it up a notch from what they were like on the Surreal Life, where certainly both were more guarded, though you wouldn't believe that judging by some of the things Adrianne did. It's just really clear that they are playing things up in a big way for the camera. Maybe everyone does that, but when you can really notice it, it take away from the enjoyment of thinking you are watching what other people are "really" doing.

Adrianne is even more beautiful in person, but she is also just as "out there" as you are seeing and then some. Very interesting person...never boring.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 09-16-05 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-16-05, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
So was I. But Mr. Sensitive went off on a rant instead.
Old 09-16-05, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dolphinboy

Bill Needle knows everything about everyone.
When I get vain enough to have a tagline, that may have to be it.
Old 09-16-05, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So was I. But Mr. Sensitive went off on a rant instead.
Isn't it interesting how Mr. Sensitive didn't go off on a rant when someone polite, like spainlinx0, asked a question????

I wonder if there's a reason!!!! If you know, do tell.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 09-16-05 at 01:53 AM.
Old 09-16-05, 04:43 AM

I don't know if there is a history here, but Bill's initial comments didn't strike me as sarcastic or inflammatory AT ALL.

For what it's worth.....

I didn't watch the Brady/Curry show, but I did watch all of Surreal 4. I have the premier Brady/Curry on Tivo though, so I should get to it this weekend.

The Bondaduce show seems especially scripted to me, at least in the "therapist's" office. Danny particularly seemed full of shit. Course, that's common for addicts in denial and still using. His posturing when the therapist mentioned his kids was premeditated and designed to deflect his failures as a Dad.
Old 09-16-05, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Big Quasimodo
The Bondaduce show seems especially scripted to me, at least in the "therapist's" office. Danny particularly seemed full of shit. Course, that's common for addicts in denial and still using. His posturing when the therapist mentioned his kids was premeditated and designed to deflect his failures as a Dad.
I think you're onto something there. His whole "Don't you 'effing dare bring my kids into this" attitude rings hollow when he often gave up time with them to repeatedly cheat on their mom and partake in his various chemical addictions.
Old 09-16-05, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen the Brady/Curry opening episode, and it seemed pretty fake. Too much mugging, too many broad reaction shots. I mean, just telegraph your ideas, why don't you?
Do you realize this is the third reality show Curry has been on? Is that a world's record?
Old 09-16-05, 11:20 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
no way, "The Miz" has gotta be running strong at 30 or so