Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Eckerd 50 percent off DVDs

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 05-18-05, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this is chain wide or just at the store I visited outside Pittsburgh, but Eckerd has its DVDs and VHS (those tape thingees) for 50 percent off.

There seemed to be some decent titles among the junk. The sale also includes those premiere episode DVDs.

I saw Stripes, but avoided it because I seem to remember there is a new edition coming sometime soon. ???

I grabbed a premiere DVD of ER for $2.99 (original $5.99) which will be a treat to watch. Ah, back in the days when I knew who the cast was. I wish they still had Gilligan's Island.

I also grabbed My Cousin Vinny for $5.99 (original $11.99), which is about $4 less than I've seen it elsewhere. Anyone know if this is due for an update? I didn't see a review of it here. Hows the video/audio quality?
Old 05-19-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I checked this out today, since i had to get some other stuff anyhow. Some good deals there, remember seeing the Aladdin sequel 2-pack for $13 and change. Mostly stuff i already have, but its worth a look.
Old 05-19-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I picked up Lion King 2 since it is OOP - It was roughlt $13 - I could probably do better on half or ebay, but not a lot better most likely. Most of the stuff was eihter a lukewarm deal or pan and scam.
Old 05-25-05, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks a lot OP! I went out driving for fun today, and along the way I stopped at a few Eckerd stores. I bought the following for $4 or $5 each:

-The Distinguished Gentleman
-Encino Man
-Ferris Bueller's Day Off
-I-Spy
-Kingpin
-My Cousin Vinny
-Ronin
-When Harry Met Sally

I also saw quite a few "WalMart Bin Type" DVDs for $4 and $5, so not bad if you love checking out the bin, and would like to get some cheaper. I don't remember any of the titles though.

I saw a bunch of stuff like Spider-Man 2 and other releases from around that time, somewhat recent DVDs, for $12.50 each, so that's not too bad either. I also saw the Aladdin sequel 2-pack for $13.xx at pretty much every Eckerd store I went to, but I didn't pick one up.

Anyway, yeah, if you have an Eckerd near you check it out when you are in town. You might find a pretty good deal.
Old 05-26-05, 10:47 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All the Eckerd's here have become CVS Pharmacies.
Old 05-26-05, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
All the Eckerd's here have become CVS Pharmacies.
That's funny because here in Buffalo the exact opposite happened...
Old 05-26-05, 01:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Besides some of the previously mentioned titles my local Eckerd's also had Navy Seals and Hamburger Hill for $4.99 each. So does anyone know if CVS has similar deals currently?
Old 05-27-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by conehead433
Besides some of the previously mentioned titles my local Eckerd's also had Navy Seals and Hamburger Hill for $4.99 each. So does anyone know if CVS has similar deals currently?
WOOOO!!! Navy Seals!!!
Old 05-27-05, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
WOOOO!!! Navy Seals!!!