DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Clarissa Explains It All - season 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-05, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clarissa Explains It All - season 1

Anyone else pick this up?

It's nice to have this, but I'm very disappointed in one thing in particular - that the original titles are not on the episodes as they should have been. Well, nice try, Nick.
Old 05-17-05, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was gonna, but had some issues with my debit card at BB, so I only got Seinfeld S4. They were out of Pete & Pete and only had two Clarissas. I'll get both of them down the road, though.
Old 05-17-05, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by shill66
It's nice to have this, but I'm very disappointed in one thing in particular - that the original titles are not on the episodes as they should have been.
I'm pretty sure the original masters were re-edited with the second season opening, as I haven't seen the first season opening since the first season originally aired on Nickelodeon.

In reruns on The N and Nickelodeon, the first season episodes had the second season opening for as far back as I can remember.
Old 05-17-05, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Given the fact that this wasn't even on the radar a year ago, I'm happy with this, and am currently enjoying the early 90s memories. Yes, the original openings would have been nice, but at least the episodes are all there and in order. Bring on Season Two.
Old 05-17-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by YourOlympicHero
I'm pretty sure the original masters were re-edited with the second season opening, as I haven't seen the first season opening since the first season originally aired on Nickelodeon.

In reruns on The N and Nickelodeon, the first season episodes had the second season opening for as far back as I can remember.
I think you're right about the first part (editing the masters), and know you're right about the second part. But I can't believe they no longer have the original opening and couldn't restore the episodes back to how they originally aired.

Maybe it's on one of the discs somewhere as an easter egg or something. Or maybe I should rip disc one, and reburn it with the original opening as an extra menu item.

The DVD Talk review has a frame grab of the original opening, or was it just from one of the commercial bumpers? Misleading.
Old 05-17-05, 09:41 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Anyone find Pete and Pete? I looked to no avail. Does any other store sell it?
Old 05-17-05, 09:52 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Originally Posted by shill66
The DVD Talk review has a frame grab of the original opening, or was it just from one of the commercial bumpers? Misleading.
The latter. The screen cap was taken from one of the "breaking for commercial" credits
Old 05-18-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked this up. I'm just glad to have it. Both this set and Pete and Pete have some major video flaws but I'm happy to have the shows and look forward to future releases.
Old 05-18-05, 10:06 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
How bad is Pete and Pete?
Old 05-18-05, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's VHS quality. There is one episode (Day of the Dot) with a MAJOR video flaw for about a minute, but for the most part the set isn't too bad. It's still worth buying. It didn't detract frome me watching it and was still better looking than all the bootleg sets I've seen over the years.
Old 05-18-05, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I ordered this from SamsClub.com where it's $17.86, I loved this show when it was on. I did pick up Pete & Pete which BB only had 1 of left. I believe Pete & Pete is also $17.86 at SamsClub.com

These are shows from my childhood and I hope they continue to release these types of shows. Including: Salute Your Shorts, Welcome Freshman, Hey Dude, the original All That, Roundhouse, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and the later on classic Kenan & Kel