Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Music missing from Scrubs

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-05, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Music missing from Scrubs

Some of the music is missing from Scrubs.

Considering how many they will sell you wonder why NBC chinsed.
Old 05-17-05, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It sounds like they were able to keep most of the music they used in the air episodes, which is good. Too bad they weren't able to get them all, but I know how difficult and expensive it can be to get the rights to songs from bands who choose to hold out for more money than they really deserve.

And to be fair, it should be "why Buena Vista chinsed;" NBC just airs the episodes, the don't produce them.
Old 05-17-05, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Someone on HTF said, "And no, you can't blame the musicians - the show is only four years old and if the producers were stupid enough not to secure the music rights for the DVD then they are to blame."

I disagree. TV on DVD has boomed lately. Four years ago people weren't buying TV season sets like hotcakes. I blame the musicians. And that's why I have downloaded songs and not worried at all about the money coming out of their pockets.
Old 05-17-05, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And then there's those of us who would have never known the difference if it wasn't for this thread.

Thanks for ruining it.
Old 05-17-05, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think one of the commentaries or featurettes mentions that they tried to get all the music, but Five For Fighting held out. Which is a shame, since, in my opinion, that part was the best sequence in Season One.
Old 05-18-05, 07:50 AM
Suspended

I'd never seen SCRUBS before the DVD release, so I don't know if this was a change or not. But when Dr. Cox is yelling at J.D. about his annoying pager, the tone that goes off sounds a lot like "Dixie". Later in the episode they refer to it and make it seem like it was supposed to be "Who Let the Dogs Out".
Old 05-18-05, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've seen all of the season one episodes quite a few times, and I really didn't notice any musical changes ... so it makes little difference to me. Some people on that other forum were talking about boycotting the disc, but I think I'd rather have Scrubs on DVD, thank you.
Old 05-18-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This officially has me pissed off. The music of Scrubs is not just there in the background, it's an important part of the feel and meaning of the show. I like the music of Scrubs just as much as I like the actual show itself.
Old 05-18-05, 02:48 PM
Suspended

I don't think the changes are as damaging as the ones in Dawson's Creek or Quantum Leap.
Old 05-18-05, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So they "chinsed" on the music and yet slapped a 50.00 MSRP on it? That is teh suck.
Old 05-18-05, 06:30 PM

Considering you can get a solid 9 hours of entertainment, not including special features and commentaries, for about $30 right at any discount store right now, I'm not complaining about the price.
Old 05-18-05, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I watched the set yesterday, and I the music that was specifically mentioned as being replaced in a commentary (the music was by "Five for Fighting," I think) was replaced with effective music. I haven't seen the shows since they first aired, so I don't remember what was originally used, but there is no muzack crapola in this set. I was pissed about Quantum Leap (quite pissed, actually), but the replacement of a few songs in this set doesn't bother me one bit. I LOVE this show and would suggest buying it without any reservations.
Old 05-18-05, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
I don't think the changes are as damaging as the ones in Dawson's Creek or Quantum Leap.
I can't speak for Quantum, but I agree this is nowhere near as damaging as Dawson's Creek, where they just messed up almost everything. Here, it isn't much and the biggest moments are all in tact. My enjoyment wasn't hurt at all. Nothing to freak out about.
Old 05-19-05, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the reviewer here mentioned that in the Braff and Lawrence commentary, they mentioned the fact that they couldn't keep all of the original music. Something about some band named "Five for Fighting" thinking they were the next Beatles...
Old 05-19-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DGibFen
I think the reviewer here mentioned that in the Braff and Lawrence commentary, they mentioned the fact that they couldn't keep all of the original music. Something about some band named "Five for Fighting" thinking they were the next Beatles...

I hope it was worth it them. They got no money and got made fun of to boot.