TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Deadwood: "The Whores Can Come" 5/15

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-05, 01:11 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Deadwood: "The Whores Can Come" 5/15

Great episode title I'd post the picture from the main HBO page but it's probably a spoiler to some

The Whores Can Come
Spoiler:
Telegraph lines to Yankton heat up as Jarry fears Bullock and Hearst have each thrown their weight behind Montana. Swearengen uses a camp tragedy to delay an altercation between Wu and Lee. Tolliver refuses the newly-reformed Cramed a clergyman's respect, while even Gem whores flesh out the crowd at the minister's open service. Tolliver and Wolcott continue their infighting.

Tonight should be good with the finale next week.
Old 05-15-05, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone point me to a site that explains this season? I've been watching but have no clear sense what's going on. Probably because I can't understand a lot of what they're saying.
Old 05-15-05, 10:37 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/episode/index.shtml
Old 05-15-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm a little misty here.

It sure is different to witness a sober Jane.
Old 05-15-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
especially a nekkid sober jane

"I burned my snatch!"

and yeah...there wasn't a dry eye in this house....
Old 05-15-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"I burnt my fuckin' snatch!"

God, I love this show.
Old 05-15-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by brizz
especially a nekkid sober jane
Is anybody in here gonna admit they were hopin to catch a glimpse of Jane's cans?
Old 05-16-05, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Phil L.
Is anybody in here gonna admit they were hopin to catch a glimpse of Jane's cans?
Allow me to be the first. I realize that this makes me a sick, twisted individual and I'm okay with that.

Trixie: "Wash out your mouth you got 7 kinds of cockbreath."
Old 05-16-05, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
hell yes. cans are cans baby...and i want to see em all - at least once. If you looked closely, you did get a shot of her muff.
Old 05-16-05, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
So, what Charlie gonna think/say/do once that Jane and Joanie start their sapphic sojourn together?

C'mon, you know it's gonna happen!
Old 05-16-05, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I don't know what is more entertaining....Wu's 'conversations' with Swegen or Al's BJ soliloquys.
Old 05-16-05, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by brizz
hell yes. cans are cans baby...and i want to see em all - at least once. If you looked closely, you did get a shot of her muff.
I had a feeling though that on the rear view shots they may have used a body double.
Old 05-16-05, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I don't know what is more entertaining....Wu's 'conversations' with Swegen or Al's BJ soliloquys.
Really, and at the end of the BJ soliloquy..."Did you dye your hair?"
Old 05-16-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really, and at the end of the BJ soliloquy..."Did you dye your hair?"
Loved that. Al plays with her hair in an almost tender way. But it just turns out to be puzzlement at the new color.

And then she nods her head while . . . performing.
Old 05-16-05, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by eluminati
Can someone point me to a site that explains this season? I've been watching but have no clear sense what's going on. Probably because I can't understand a lot of what they're saying.

Yeah - it's tough. I'm trying to figure out what the Bullock/Swearengen alliance is for. Do they want to go with Helena/Montana or Yankton/Dakota? I figure Swearengen just wants whatever gets him more money, but I am not exactly sure what Bullock's aim is. Then what about Cy and Hearst?
Old 05-16-05, 04:41 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I loved the scene at the bar in the Gem with Dan, Johnny, and Trixie.

The Al and Wu meetings are always great
Old 05-16-05, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm trying to figure out what the Bullock/Swearengen alliance is for. Do they want to go with Helena/Montana or Yankton/Dakota?
They way I understand it, they have every intention of going with Yankton, but they know they can use Bullock's Montana connection to sweeten their position (via extra money or elections).

Then what about Cy and Hearst?
I'm significantly more fuzzy on this one, but I believe they are still trying to get those with claims to sell outright and/or they are hoping that all claims are invalidated, so Hearst can just buy what he chooses in the ensuing auction. How this is connected to which territory Deadwood annexes with I do not know.
Old 05-16-05, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by dvd182
They way I understand it, they have every intention of going with Yankton, but they know they can use Bullock's Montana connection to sweeten their position (via extra money or elections).

I'm significantly more fuzzy on this one, but I believe they are still trying to get those with claims to sell outright and/or they are hoping that all claims are invalidated, so Hearst can just buy what he chooses in the ensuing auction. How this is connected to which territory Deadwood annexes with I do not know.
Since Deadwood is a real place we people from the future can know that in the end Deadwood goes with
Spoiler:
Yankton
. And, yes, Bullock's Montana connection gives Al and Seth more leverage at the bargaining table. They'd like a say in elections.

Al is basically the mayor of the settlement (although the title is E.B.'s)and would like to keep his position of power by being able to either handpick a politician or simply bully one.

Seth is currently the most respected (with Al the most feared) man in Deadwood and would like to keep it that way by remaining Sheriff. Seth does not like politicians and would be happier if they stayed out of his way.

Wolcott would rather Al lose some of his strong hold on the territory so it's easier for Hearst to come in and take over. Wolcott likes beating up whores but he'd rather avoid violence in a man's world.
Old 05-16-05, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TheGodfather
Since Deadwood is a real place we people from the future can know that in the end Deadwood goes with
Spoiler:
Yankton
. And, yes, Bullock's Montana connection gives Al and Seth more leverage at the bargaining table. They'd like a say in elections.

Al is basically the mayor of the settlement (although the title is E.B.'s)and would like to keep his position of power by being able to either handpick a politician or simply bully one.

Seth is currently the most respected (with Al the most feared) man in Deadwood and would like to keep it that way by remaining Sheriff. Seth does not like politicians and would be happier if they stayed out of his way.

Wolcott would rather Al lose some of his strong hold on the territory so it's easier for Hearst to come in and take over. Wolcott likes beating up whores but he'd rather avoid violence in a man's world.

That all makes sense, particularly the part about elections, which I presume is the non-monetary additional 'compensation' that Al is referring to.
Old 05-17-05, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another good episode, with yet more classic lines. A shame it only lasted for about 35-40 minutes. From the preview afterwards, I have to say I like the choice for the person playing Hearst being
Spoiler:
Major Dad!
Old 05-17-05, 02:16 AM

man, the previews for this show had me thinking Cy knifed someone pretty good. i would have never imagined that he was doing what he was doing.
Old 05-17-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
So anyone think Cy is going to get smacked for attacking the preacher?

I love this show. It is sad that this show is funnier than about 90% of the sitcoms out right now.

Last edited by Cusm; 05-17-05 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-17-05, 12:06 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just caught up on the last 4 or so episodes. This season started out good, then Al got sick, it faltered during his absence, then as soon as he got better and could talk, it took off again. This show is only average without Al, but with him is, IMHO, the best drama on TV.

So as to what the heck is going on...

Is it safe to assume that Trixie is indeed playing Sol, like they want us to believe?

I think Al is definitely just trying to get as much as he can out of Yankton, and has no true intention of bringing Montana into the fray. But is he truely aligned with Bullock? I think both are anti-Hearst, whatever the case.

Cy really seems to be setting himself up to turn on Wolcott/Hearst, IMO.

What happened to the chief's head?

Nice to see Al actually has a heart in the last episode.

Should be interesting to see if Hearst sees through Adams' act.

I was kind of confused with Al's discussion of the Chinese...did he say he'd rather have Wu or the other guy? I'd hate to see Wu go.
Old 05-17-05, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by aktick

I was kind of confused with Al's discussion of the Chinese...did he say he'd rather have Wu or the other guy? I'd hate to see Wu go.

Wu, but pretty much by default. Kind of like most people deciding who was the lesser evil btwn Bush and Kerry.
Old 05-17-05, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
Nice to see Al actually has a heart in the last episode.
They've actually show his heart many times throughout the two seasons. Not always easy to see, with all his tough talk and murders, etc.

Take care,
Brett

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.