Enterprise *2 hour Series Finale* 05/13/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enterprise *2 hour Series Finale* 05/13/05

Episode title: “Terra Prime”

Spoiler:
In the first steps towards the foundation of the Federation, Captain Archer and the crew must stop Paxton, a well-armed, radical human isolationist leader, who is threatening to destroy Starfleet Command unless all aliens leave Earth immediately.

Director: Marvin V. Rush
Teleplay By: Judith Reeves-Stevens & Garfield Reeves-Stevens and Manny Coto
Story By: Judith Reeves-Stevens & Garfield Reeves-Stevens and Andre Bormanis

Episode Title: “These are the Voyages….”

Spoiler:
Six years in the future, an emotional Captain Archer and the crew return to Earth to face the decommission of Enterprise and signing of the Federation charter, ratifying the newly-formed alliance of planets they helped forge.

Director: Allan Kroeker
Written By: Rick Berman and Brannon Braga

As pilot called it a few weeks ago, it doesn’t appear B&B are doing a podcast commentary on the finale. The Reeves-Stevens’ podcast for “Terra Prime” should be out tomorrow.

Although I’m OK with this series coming to an end, it’s a very weird feeling having the last of the first-run Star Treks after 18 years.
Old 05-12-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ouch. Here's a finale (spoiler) review, but the best part is non-spoiler and bolded.

Beam me down some aspirin.

Spoiler:
The series finale of UPN's ``Star Trek: Enterprise'' takes place six years in the prequel's future, 11 years in ``Star Trek: The Next Generation's'' past and is set primarily on a holodeck.

Ten minutes of this dreck and you'll be trying to give yourself a Vulcan neck pinch.

"This is not about me,'' Capt. Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula) says late in the one-hour finale "These are the Voyages . . .''

Spoiler:
Truer words were never spoken: ``Enterprise's'' finale is, alas, about a character who has no business walking the ship: Will Riker (Jonathan Frakes) from ``Star Trek: The Next Generation.''

Set as a backdrop to ``The Pegasus,'' a mediocre 1994 ``Next Gen'' episode, Riker retreats to his Enterprise's holodeck to work out some personal issues and becomes embroiled in the re-creation of the original Enterprise's final days.

Archer and company are en route to decommission the ship and sign a historic treaty that will lead to the creation of the Federation when they receive a distress call from an Andorian (Jeffrey Combs) whose young daughter has been kidnapped.

A major character is killed, if for no other reason than the show's creators realized at least one dramatic thing had to happen in the hour. Typical of the blunders of this episode, the character's big scene is a flashback - with Riker.

There are several in-jokes to other series. Two crewmen speculate there will be another Enterprise. Archer, making a toast, says, ``Here's to the next generation.''

Unfortunately, this generation of ``Enterprise'' fans has been robbed. ``Next Gen's'' Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis) treats the holodeck re-creation of the original ship's bridge as a quaint museum piece. It's meant to be funny, but it comes off disrespectful. Archer's speech to the assembly of ambassadors is supposed to be so stirring that generations of schoolchildren across myriad worlds will have to memorize it. Too bad the show refrains from sharing it.

``These are the Voyages . . .'' should have been all ``Enterprise.'' It's such an unworthy coda to the series that the fans who raised money to keep ``Enterprise'' on the air should instead use the funds to buy the episode from Paramount and burn it.

If this really is "Star Trek: The Last Generation,'' blame should fall squarely on the shoulders of co-creators and writers Michael Berman and Brannon Braga, who have stewarded the "Trek'' franchise for the last 15 years through increasingly turgid films and series.

There's still unexplored life in the "Trek'' galaxy; it's time for some new captains.
Link
Old 05-12-05, 02:33 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should be interesting. Glad this show is coming to an end though, hopefully they come up with a better idea for the next show.
Old 05-12-05, 02:39 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by Fok
Should be interesting. Glad this show is coming to an end though, hopefully they come up with a better idea for the next show.
http://www.homestead.com/klyckproduc...viestills.html
Old 05-12-05, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
The final episode is apalling!
-- Jolene Blalock

After a great 4th season, the show looks to be going out with a whimper
Old 05-13-05, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Even though I'm not a big fan of her acting or her character, I will say Blalock seems to understand the franchise more than the people behind the cameras. Most of her comments have been pretty spot-on.
Old 05-13-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

These are no longer the voyages of the Star Trek: Enterprise (UPN, Friday, 8 ET/PT), which ends its series run with a two-hour finale that features two guests from the more successful Next Generation, Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis. Enterprise won't be much missed, but before it goes — taking the franchise with it — let's get one thing clear. The show didn't fail because of Trek exhaustion. It failed for the same reason many shows fail: bad writing in general and an insufficiently developed premise in particular. Enterprise was less a show than an idea for a show, and you can only force so long a run out of that.
Link

The critics know it, the fans know it. It's just sad that B&B never did.
Old 05-13-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Chew
Link

The critics know it, the fans know it. It's just sad that B&B never did.
Oh, I'm sure they know it. But what would you expect them to say? "We're sorry, Enterprise failed because we're no-talent hacks"?

"Trek exhaustion" is a neat excuse that sounds plausible to the average person, and makes B&B feel better about themselves.
Old 05-13-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does the echo mean I can use this:

Old 05-13-05, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Chew
Does the echo mean I can use this:

Doh! That's the first time that's ever happened to me. Stupid work internet.
Old 05-13-05, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
For posterity, I went back and read some of the old Enterprise threads. Ah good times.
Old 05-13-05, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
The funny thing is here in Phoenix we don't even get both episodes. The Suns game is on tonight, so we get the finale, with the conlclusion episode for last week being shown on Sunday night. Luckily both are being shown back to back on Sunday, so I'll just watch then.
Old 05-13-05, 06:25 PM

I can't beleive it!

This will be the last Star Trek episode I'll ever see....

I rememember the first time I saw Star Trek....I was 7, living in Toronto, and saw a episode of ST: TNG in 1989 on CityTV..and I began watching it every day (they had reruns of the first 2 season every day) And gradualy,I started to watch the new episodes every week . Now 16 years later, it come to it's end...it is a sad day!

I just hope that one day....they do bring it back!

Farewell Star Trek.............
Old 05-13-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JetSter735180
I can't beleive it!

This will be the last Star Trek episode I'll ever see....

I rememember the first time I saw Star Trek....I was 7, living in Toronto, and saw a episode of ST: TNG in 1989 on CityTV..and I began watching it every day (they had reruns of the first 2 season every day) And gradualy,I started to watch the new episodes every week . Now 16 years later, it come to it's end...it is a sad day!

I just hope that one day....they do bring it back!

Farewell Star Trek.............
This won't be the last Star Trek episode. In a few years, it will come back, and hopefully be completely different in style.
Old 05-13-05, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Why double up tonight, instead of showing the finale next Friday night if the first episode tonight isn't a 2-parter leading into the finale? (Or does tonight's episode lead into a 2-parter finale?)
Old 05-13-05, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Why double up tonight, instead of showing the finale next Friday night if the first episode tonight isn't a 2-parter leading into the finale? (Or does tonight's episode lead into a 2-parter finale?)
Because next Friday is the opening of "Revenge of the Sith", and Enterprise needs all the ratings points it can get.

But doubling up on episodes, and having only a one hour finale, is disgraceful treatment for a franchise that has made - and continues to make - money hand over fist for Paramount. It just seems like they couldn't close the door on this one fast enough, despite all the good it's done for the studio.

"Terra Prime" shot -
Spoiler:
Carl Sagan Memorial Station and a Pathfinder
- how cool is that!
Old 05-13-05, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
once again the good guys are dumb
when they stormed the control room they should have yelled "I'll buy that for a dollar!" and shot Murphy and pal before they could react
Old 05-13-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What's with T'Pol and the French tips on her fingernails. Kinda vain for a Vulcan.
Old 05-13-05, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
UPN will now become the worst network ever....
I'll likely never watch the network again
other than voyager and enterprise they've never had anything I liked
Old 05-13-05, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Veronica Mars!
Old 05-13-05, 08:02 PM

Okay that was a good episode, now for the Finale.....

Spoiler:
At least it begins with Riker on Enterprise-D.......
Old 05-13-05, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Veronica Mars!
the upn version of chloe from smallville

"look hoshi, 10 years on this ship and no promotion"
too bad Frakes is looking too old to be playing Enterprise D time frame Riker
way to fuck up there UPN
could have easily made it capt. riker on the Titan
Old 05-13-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

CG Ent-D looked nice
stock footage of picard in ten forward
Old 05-13-05, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mikehunt
the upn version of chloe from smallville
Not sure if you've actually watched the show, but I'd consider that a flippant and not-too-accurate assessment of Veronica Mars, but you're free to your opinion, which is contrary to the opinions of the fans of the show by a wide margin.
Old 05-13-05, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Patman
Not sure if you've actually watched the show, but I'd consider that a flippant and not-too-accurate assessment of Veronica Mars, but you're free to your opinion, which is contrary to the opinions of the fans of the show by a wide margin.
that's what the commercials make it out to be, granted without her being a reporter
but considering chloe is the best of the supporting cast of smallville I wouldn't take my comment negatively

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.