Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Survivor: Palau 05/12/05

auto
05-10-05, 08:56 AM
http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/show/ep12/photos/survivor_nav.jpg

Episode Preview:
Gender lines are drawn as one group hatches a plan to vote off the Survivor who doesn't win Immunity.

One Survivor feels betrayed when the winner of a Challenge chooses a different tribemate to enjoy the Reward.

Going into Tribal Council, one Survivor holds the power and is torn between an alliance and a friendship. Which way will the vote swing?

Two weeks in a row TV Talk has correctly predicted the Survivor to be voted off the island. Can we do it again?

IMHO, unless he wins immunity, if they don't vote Tom off this week this is just a clueless group of people.

So, who's it gonna be?

mookiemeister
05-10-05, 09:21 AM
I still think Caryn is the outsider. The alliance of 5 is now alliance of 4 with Gregg voted out last week, but the 4 people will stick together and vote out Caryn.

Amel
05-10-05, 09:50 AM
I think Caryn's the weak link again for getting girls v. boys so she'll stick with Tom & Ian and they'll vote Katie off for her moves last week.

MEJHarrison
05-10-05, 11:33 AM
I went for Katie. Based on my past results, I'm sure it will be anyone except Katie.

runner001
05-10-05, 11:38 AM
based on the previews from last week katie seems to have some sort of emotional control over Ian and therefore Jenn will be the one to go instead of Katie

Maquis
05-10-05, 01:29 PM
I voted Jenn also. I think that she'll try to get in with Katie and Caryn, to no avail. I think that the teaser of Ian "laying down" is a bunch of bull. He's got to be smarter than that by now, he's got too good a chance of gettting the $$$.

Maxflier
05-10-05, 01:39 PM
I voted for Jen.Hopefully I am right.

Fok
05-10-05, 02:17 PM
Hopefully Caryn, she's a dumb bitch with a big mouth

auto
05-10-05, 02:27 PM
Hopefully Caryn, she's a dumb bitch with a big mouth

rotfl:lol:rotfl

movieking
05-10-05, 02:51 PM
From the previews last week and based on rumours,

maybe there is some creedence in rumours of Ian quitting, especially considering who is rumoured to be in the final two

NORML54601
05-10-05, 03:21 PM
Ian would have to be the dumbest motherfucker ever to quit right now. If they were smart Tom would get voted off. That being said, I voted Jenn.

TheGodfather
05-10-05, 05:01 PM
Say goodnight Jenn, you little cutie.

:wave:

dolphinboy
05-10-05, 05:18 PM
Say goodnight Jenn, you little cutie.

:wave:

Colleen was a cutie, Jenn is HHHOT!

Amel
05-10-05, 07:03 PM
From the previews last week,

maybe there is some creedence in rumours of Ian quitting, especially considering who is rumoured to be in the final two
Damn. Maybe I missed it, but there was nothing like that eluded to in the preview for this week. You might wanna consider re-naming that huge, rumour/spoiler. :)

movieking
05-10-05, 08:08 PM
Okay, changed the description a little in the intro :)

auto
05-10-05, 09:15 PM
Okay, changed the description a little in the intro :)

Good play, movieking. Someone just dropped a big spoiler over in the Amazing Race thread.

Spoilers are one of the main drawbacks of posting these threads early in poll form.

girlnextdoor
05-11-05, 09:53 AM
I voted Jenn

Maxflier
05-11-05, 02:02 PM
I was looking at the latest issue of Sly magazine and there was a little interview with Mark Burnett and he claims to be seriously considering doing Survivor someplace with cold weather conditions next (he mentioned BC and Yukon i think as possible locations)instead of the tried and true island type setting.

Red Dog
05-11-05, 02:23 PM
I was looking at the latest issue of Sly magazine and there was a little interview with Mark Burnett and he claims to be seriously considering doing Survivor someplace with cold weather conditions next (he mentioned BC and Yukon i think as possible locations)instead of the tried and true island type setting.

I really hope so. It would make for a nice change and different kinds of challenges.

auto
05-11-05, 04:07 PM

:up: That would be great.

taa455
05-11-05, 04:09 PM
I voted Jennifer. She will get the axe for her involvement with Gregg, which makes her the 5th wheel of the remaining group.

I think Ian will make a "you take me/I'll take you to the final 2" deal with Katie. That is if they haven't already made that deal and I missed it.

mookiemeister
05-11-05, 04:50 PM
I think Ian will make a "you take me/I'll take you to the final 2" deal with Katie. That is if they haven't already made that deal and I missed it.

I agree with you that there is some agreement if not an alliance between Ian and Katie. Note that 2 episodes ago when the girls were considering voting out Tom, Katie went to talk with Ian about it in private. Also, last episode when Ian/Tom/Caryn want to vote out Gregg, who is the one who talked Katie about voting for Gregg too? Ian.

aktick
05-11-05, 05:39 PM
That's what I've been hoping for since like season 2! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bill Needle
05-11-05, 09:58 PM
That's what I've been hoping for since like season 2! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't want next season's Amber, Elisabeth, or Jenn huddled up in a parka! Keep bringing on the bikinis!

TheGodfather
05-11-05, 10:01 PM
I don't want next season's Amber, Elisabeth, or Jenn huddled up in a parka! Keep bringing on the bikinis!
:up: You are correct, sir!

SunMonkey
05-12-05, 12:09 AM
I'll throw in with the Jenn vote. I hope Tom makes it to at least the finale.

Bigsierra
05-12-05, 12:39 AM

I'm sure that has added to the reason they have never done a cold weather Survivor. They will think of something. They build saunas and things, so who knows.

taa455
05-12-05, 07:45 AM
How great would a Angie/Stephenie/Ian/Tom final four be? Oh, what could have been.

Instead we are left with -ohbfrank- Katie and :yack: Caryn

Dr. DVD
05-12-05, 07:53 AM
Why are they doing the season finale on Sunday as opposed to next Thursday? Don't they know that their second half will cut into Desperate Housewives?

taa455
05-12-05, 08:07 AM
They always have the finale on Sunday.

Damfino
05-12-05, 03:04 PM
Another vote for Jenn. She needs immunity to survive.

Red Dog
05-12-05, 03:06 PM
They always have the finale on Sunday.

Plus they would never want to cut into their biggest moneymaker - CSI.

Red Dog
05-12-05, 03:07 PM
How great would a Angie/Stephenie/Ian/Tom final four be? Oh, what could have been.

Completely unrealistic so I never even thought of it.

Amel
05-12-05, 03:13 PM
This Sunday? Shit. That sucks. I'm gonna have to tape it.

Tommy Ceez
05-12-05, 03:25 PM
Why does it have to be cold weather? I would take a survivor set in a mountain setting in summer. Just get off the beaches

Dr. DVD
05-12-05, 06:27 PM
Plus they would never want to cut into their biggest moneymaker - CSI.

Yes, but are they aware they are cutting into another network's biggest moneymaker?

Red Dog
05-12-05, 06:35 PM
Yes, but are they aware they are cutting into another network's biggest moneymaker?

I'm sure they are aware and happy to do it. They'll do better this Sunday night than they have the whole season.

Dabaomb
05-12-05, 07:20 PM
wow, Ian won the best car ever on Survivor.

runner001
05-12-05, 07:26 PM
I know we all heard Ian slip that he's gonna flip on Tom.

and I thought Ian agreed with Tom that they were not going to take each other if one of them won the reward challenge.

boredsilly
05-12-05, 07:34 PM
All that crying was LAME!

Dabaomb
05-12-05, 07:41 PM
good job Tom. He fell like 10 times :lol:

Darkfriend
05-12-05, 07:43 PM
40 minutes into the show, great immunity challenge!

Ian seems to have forgotten his Corvette, he's all gloomy :lol:

runner001
05-12-05, 07:50 PM
Caryn just can't keep her mouth shut at all! mental note, don't trust caryn with any secrets.

Patman
05-12-05, 07:56 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Caryn's big mouth just got her booted from the game when all she had to do was be pleasant and be happy. Both Ian and Tom survive when Ian probably was the one who should have been gone. Wow!

Bill Needle
05-12-05, 07:57 PM
Ha-ha!

hotaru_san
05-12-05, 08:07 PM
wow. just when I think caryn can't get any more annoying. I really thought Ian would go after the reward challenge screw up but caryn really did herself in.

WillieTheShakes
05-12-05, 08:09 PM
I take back everything positive I ever said about Ian - what a moran!

Patman
05-12-05, 08:09 PM
The jury was loving every minute of tribal council.

TwineTime
05-12-05, 08:10 PM
Do you guys really believe that Caryn was sticking around before her Tribal Council speech? She knew she was gone and felt like stirring the pot beforehand.

Patman
05-12-05, 08:11 PM
Now I hope Jenn can pull off the next immunity, just to throw a monkey wrench into mix for Ian/Katie/Tom.

hotaru_san
05-12-05, 08:12 PM
Do you guys really believe that Caryn was sticking around before her Tribal Council speech? She knew she was gone and felt like stirring the pot beforehand.

she ran her mouth too much in general. she seemed to spend most of her time running back and forth between people to tell them what the other group said, but this time she did it in front of everyone. If katie really was undecided then yeah, I do think caryn pushed her to Ian - maybe she can't trust Ian but she knows she can't trust caryn.

aktick
05-12-05, 08:14 PM
I don't know...the remaining girls still are kind of in the driver's seat. If Tom or Ian doesn't win immunity, they'll still vote out one of them. If Tom wins immunity, Ian will be gone, if Ian wins, Tom's gone.

In a way, it would've been better for Tom if Ian was voted out - he'd have less competition, would just have to win 2 more immunities and he'd win. Now he (or Ian) has to still win 2 immunities to make the final 2, IMO, but now the competition is much tougher in the next one.

As much as I'd love to see Tom and Ian in the final 3, I don't see it happening. One thing I think is almost a guarantee - Tom and Ian won't both be in the final 2.

Patman
05-12-05, 08:17 PM
Usually, doesn't the winner of the car almost always get the boot?

movieking
05-12-05, 08:19 PM
Colby won the Aztec and came in second. I can't remember anyone else.

Robertwoj
05-12-05, 08:21 PM
I don't know...the remaining girls still are kind of in the driver's seat. If Tom or Ian doesn't win immunity, they'll still vote out one of them. If Tom wins immunity, Ian will be gone, if Ian wins, Tom's gone.

How do you figure? If Tom and Ian have as solid an alliance as before, they would stick their votes together, forcing at the minimum a 2 vs 2 tie as before. They said they'd go to the marble tie-breaker before, so why not now?

In any event, Jen has to see herself as the next to go if she doesn't get immunity. She should have gotten to Kate to vote Ian off. That was her best shot.

Further, why does the game seem so clear from my side of the TV screen? Are these some of the stupidest survivors yet? Ian just about shot himself taking Tom after the reward challenge. If he takes Kate, the $#!T never hits the fan like it did. To leave the three women together was, IMHO, one of the top blunders EVER in Survivor history. Stupid stupid stupid.

Vonner
05-12-05, 08:26 PM
Usually, doesn't the winner of the car almost always get the boot?

The winner of the car has never won the million. That's not a good omen for Ian.

conscience
05-12-05, 08:27 PM
Caryn = dumb bitch (for spouting off at the mouth)

Katie (possibly Jenn if she wasn't so darn cute) = dumb bitch (for not getting rid of Ian - herein getting rid of both men if Tom loses immunity)

TOM ALL THE WAY, though! Rootin' for ya.

hotaru_san
05-12-05, 08:28 PM
I hope Ian does turn on Tom and is able to get rid of him, but I'm not too concerned anymore since they finally got rid of the one person I really really didn't want to see win.

Patman
05-12-05, 08:28 PM
The purple rock thing doesn't work for 4 players. Remember, Probst said they screwed up when they used it as a tie-breaker in the Marquesas. Paschal got hosed on that one.

TwineTime
05-12-05, 08:30 PM
Caryn's been going for weeks now. It was just a matter of when. I applaud her for actually trying to do something about it, even if it didn't work.

No way Jen makes it past 4th place. 1-3 are reserved for the big 3 in my opinion.

Patman
05-12-05, 08:38 PM
Jenn just has to win immunity to get into the final 3, so it is possible. Whether it'll happen, well, that depends on the challenge.

Silly Burrito
05-12-05, 08:54 PM
The winner of the car has never won the million. That's not a good omen for Ian.

As my wife pointed out...Amber won a car in All Stars, but she won it because Rob won the challenge and brought her, where they presented her with a car.

That Rob...always in second, isn't he? ;)

Tommy Ceez
05-12-05, 09:14 PM
BTW...anyone notice that Jenn voted for Caryn?

Katie must ave decided long bfore TC and told Jenn

taa455
05-12-05, 09:15 PM
Ian just about shot himself taking Tom after the reward challenge. If he takes Kate, the $#!T never hits the fan like it did. To leave the three women together was, IMHO, one of the top blunders EVER in Survivor history. Stupid stupid stupid.
That's what I was thinking. I was scratching my head when Ian took Tom. What makes it even more strange was didn't Ian and Tom have a conversation before the challenge about how leaving the 3 women together would be a dumb move?

Buh-bye Caryn. She was so pathetic.

taa455
05-12-05, 09:18 PM
Completely unrealistic so I never even thought of it.
I know. But I was looking at the cast photos and it was just a thought. :scratch2:

Bill Needle
05-12-05, 09:24 PM
The purple rock thing doesn't work for 4 players. Remember, Probst said they screwed up when they used it as a tie-breaker in the Marquesas. Paschal got hosed on that one.
So what would happen? Normally, say Tom wins immunity, he and Ian vote Jenn. Jenn and Katie vote Ian. A tie. If they tied again, only Katie could draw a rock (Tom=immune, Ian and Jenn were the tied vote-getters), so Katie would be gone unless she changed her vote to Jenn. So anyone who voted with the immune person could not be eliminated. Essentially, whoever is immune decides who is eliminated. Can that be correct? If not, what happens?

Patman
05-12-05, 09:30 PM
I think they'll do another challenge to decide who goes in a stalemate between 2 people when only 4 are left. Just like when Bobby Joe and Steph had to battle it out for who would be the last Ulonger.

Amel
05-12-05, 09:50 PM
wow. a little surprising. I guess since they all voted for Caryn that that was the plan going in. But if not, Im sure that Caryn's speech definitely swayed the votes toward her if anyone was leaning.

What the hell is going on between Ian & Katie? There must be some kind of love thing going on that hasn't been shown. Those two weren't acting like friends during their crytime session.

That Reward challenge would've been cool if it were still two tribes, but I think it's unfair to have such a physical challenge this late in the game. The immunity challenge however was great.

Ian's got a terrible poker face.

dolphinboy
05-12-05, 10:16 PM
Jenn still looks amazing, but I so wanted to like her tonight for something more than looks and she absolutely was pathetic in the immunity challenge. She got there with the men, she played it smarter than the men by having a longer look, and then she came back and it didn't pay off at all. She didn't even have one call out to Jeff, she just kept playing with those puzzle pieces. I couldn't believe that she never even got in one guess. The women are really a pathetic group.

Caryn did a good job of getting the jury to possibly dislike the way the men are playing, but I don't think it's gonna matter. Either Ian or Tom are gonna make the final and their game playing has been so superior, I can't see the jury being angry enough to penalize either one for "playing mean" if they're up against a woman. For all her bluster, I still think Tom has Caryn's vote if it comes down to it. Who else would deserve it more?

Jenn voting for Caryn makes sense. The alliance is basically dependent on who wins immunity. If Tom loses, I'm sure Jenn was told it would be Ian, her and Katie. Jenn seems like she is the only woman with an outside chance of winning something, so it makes sense for her just to play for another week and see where things go. She actually played pretty smart by not getting all upset and there must have been a time where Katie told her what she wanted to do to Caryn, going against the women's alliance agreement, and she didn't seem upset. If she had gotten the way Caryn got, it could have been her. And she knows that Tom and Ian have to turn on one another soon.

I do think this is not the brightest bunch of Survivors. Caryn was used, but she should have seen it coming a lot earlier. What was her strategy with Tom? Until Katie spilled the beans, Caryn seemed unwilling or unable to see that she couldn't beat Tom or Ian, yet she made moves to help them move on in the game with nothing for her but, possibly, a loss in the final. I can't respect a player who plays for second place and even if Tom and her stay together, she loses in a big way, while she at least has a chance against Katie and Jenn. She never seemed aware of this until this episode.

While this group has been bad in playing the alliance part of the game and having these blow ups that I don't remember seeing so much of in any other Survivor, it does make for a very entertaining season. That was easily one of my favorite episodes with a very good tribal council with a lot of squirming and lies. It even seemed like it got Jeff extra excited to see how these people carved each other up some more in the final four. The better the secret keeping goes, the less entertaining the game is and the more that editing has to be used to trick us. I think we're seeing a lot more, because of all the turning on each other, likely because this group was so safe for so long and weren't prepared for turning on each other.

Katie has actually played a pretty good game with her acting. She even looked good with her hair down when Tom was threatening to take her out if she went against him and Ian. But it can't make up for her being pathetic in the challenges.

I just have this feeling Tom is gonna win out. Ian is so whipped, he's probably promised half of his winnings, if he should win, to Katie. Jenn will be the next Amber. Steph looked good in the game, but she looks awful on the jury.

At least this game can't be ruined by someone telling us who's gonna win based on the betting in Vegas.

From the preview of the finale:
Ian is a god awful liar. He nearly blew up things several times with Tom, Caryn, and Katie, and then in the preview Tom asks him if he made a promise with the girls to vote him off. Ian says "yes", and Tom says "that's all I needed to know". This obviously pisses off Tom and gives Tom very useful info he might not have had. Ian should have had something prepared for that. He could easily have said that was a promise that he needed to make to get Katie and Jenn to vote for Caryn with no fear of them not keeping their word. What good would it have been for Ian to approach Jenn about voting out Caryn and telling her she would be the fourth in their alliance out of 4? That's the same BS that Tom got away with using Caryn, but Jenn wouldn't have gone for that. The fact is that Ian would be smart to have made a REAL deal with Jenn and Katie, but once again he gave his gameplan away to Tom because he can't think at all. He's really dumb. I wonder if he's gonna get away with it.

Patman
05-12-05, 10:30 PM
Katie wasn't looking all that good during the immunity challenge where she's fall and roll around, and expose her YBB (Yellow Bastard Belly) for the camera. Yeeesh!

These folks would make horrible poker players, none of them can lie convincingly to one another.

Big Boy Laroux
05-12-05, 10:46 PM
Jenn still looks amazing, but I so wanted to like her tonight for something more than looks and she absolutely was pathetic in the immunity challenge. She got there with the men, she played it smarter than the men by having a longer look, and then she came back and it didn't pay off at all. She didn't even have one call out to Jeff, she just kept playing with those puzzle pieces. I couldn't believe that she never even got in one guess. The women are really a pathetic group.

I didn't understand this either! If you are wrong, you have to go back anyway, so why not have Jeff look at it, tell you you're wrong, THEN go back. there's an off chance you could have gotten it right. she never once had Jeff check it.

Ian's reward challenge decision has to be the DUMBEST move in survivor history. Even if he and tom hadn't ALREADY discussed it, it should be obvious that he should take a girl, so as not to leave the 3 by themsleves. Plus, he broke his promise to Katie in a painfully obvious way. god, so dumb on so many levels. people are crying "the fix is in!" for Amazing Race, this setup seemed too dumb to be real. or maybe ian is just that dumb. he couldn't even think when caryn asked him a question directly. but what's weird is he seemed so brilliant last episode with the ousting of Gregg (and waiting til the last minute to tell katie - SMART move). one of these things is off. either he was told the strategy to get Gregg off, or he was told to play super dumb in this episode. makes no sense.

and don't you think they would have shown footage of Tom saying, "what the hell are you doing, man? we said to pick a girl!"

hahn
05-12-05, 11:35 PM
Count me as another person who was incredibly puzzled by Ian's move at reward challenge. Don't know what he was thinking since he and Tom had JUST specifically agreed to NOT take each other.

Anyone else kind of feel a strong ALMOST-homosexual subtext in the relationship between Ian and Tom? Not that they're gay. But it seems like they like each other a HELL of a lot more than they like any of the women and enough so that I don't see them ever voting against each other. I think either one of them would take the other one to the final two with him.

Had to laugh at Ian's comparison of the situation with the "girl troubles" back home. He seems like a nice guy who's just too nice.

Next week should be interesting. Very very interesting.

Patman
05-12-05, 11:36 PM
I think Jenn's boobies were paid for, but at least she didn't got a crazy size.

brainee
05-13-05, 12:16 AM
If Ian got voted out this episode, this would have been up there with "Lexx keeping Amber" and "Colby keeping Tina" for the stupidest decision in Surivor history. It still boggles the mind, even though he escaped. Does anyone think that Jenn or Katie were undecided about their vote, and Caryn's rant made them think "To hell with strategy! I can't stand one more day in the camp with Caryn!"

I can't see the girls winning any challenges, unless they really rig it. Walk across a balance wearing high heels, anyone? Hell, Ian would still probably take that one :)

atlantamoi
05-13-05, 07:02 AM
I'm thinking Katie would have had a better chance at winning if she'd voted Ian out and stuck with the girls. Better chance at a future challenge and better chance with the jury. But I want her out.

BDLOU
05-13-05, 07:24 AM
I somewhat understand Ian's motives about taking Tom on the reward challenge. As mentioned earlier, Amber got a car when Rob took her along on the challenge that he won a car. This is why Tom and Ian made the decision that he wouldn't take Tom unless the reward involved a car. I wouldn't think that Tom would go for this because he said earlier that the goal is to win the game, not to win the rewards.

Ian simply can't come up with a good lie on the spot. It's comendable in real life but in this game, it will kill you. Tom really showed me a mental side to the game that I wasn't aware he had. He knew exactly what to do and has the ability to pull it off. The strong arm approach was exactly what he needed to do. He knows how to keep emotion out of the game. This is another aspect that eludes Ian. Really the only thing that Ian has is his physical skills and he did good by latching on to Tom. Katie doesn't have the physical aspect but she has a mental side that Ian is far from. I give more credit for a mental side to this game. I think the most deserving are Tom and Katie in the finals.

Red Dog
05-13-05, 07:59 AM
Damn - these have to be the dumbest broads ever. Do they realize that they have no chance against either of the guys 1 on 1?

WTF was Ian thinking taking Tom after they specifically decided not to do that.

Red Dog
05-13-05, 08:00 AM
BTW...anyone notice that Jenn voted for Caryn?

Katie must ave decided long bfore TC and told Jenn

Exactly - which is why Caryn laid everything out for the jury then and there. I don't blame her.

Good to see that they finally gave away a great car instead of something lame like an Aztec.

Red Dog
05-13-05, 08:10 AM
I didn't understand this either! If you are wrong, you have to go back anyway, so why not have Jeff look at it, tell you you're wrong, THEN go back. there's an off chance you could have gotten it right. she never once had Jeff check it.

I didn't get that either. Except for a few seconds where Jeff checks it, there is no risk involved in asking for a check.

kneijst1
05-13-05, 08:14 AM
Jenn's boobies were DEFINITLY paid for. They're way outta proportion with her body. She still does look nice though...

I'm rooting for Tom, but if he loses an immunity challenge again he might be gone. I'm hoping Ian and Tom go all the way to the final two together, I don't think Katie or Jenn deserves the million(Jenn definitly doesnt).

Anyone know if it's on Sunday like normal or next thursday for the two hour finale????

uteotw
05-13-05, 08:30 AM
Far and away the best CAR ever handed out.

SO glad to see Caryn go, and sweet to see Tom win immunity even though he took a beating on the challenge...

cdollaz
05-13-05, 08:48 AM
Tom may want to watch his ass. He probably thinks Ian would pick him to go to the final 2, but I get the feeling, after last nite, Ian may be too much of a p***y to go against Katie again. Tom needs to concern himself with getting rid of Katie next, not Jenn.

BTW, after seeing Stephanie cleaned up at tribal council, I have come to the conclusion that she is not even remotely hot.

Red Dog
05-13-05, 09:04 AM
Tom may want to watch his ass. He probably thinks Ian would pick him to go to the final 2, but I get the feeling, after last nite, Ian may be too much of a p***y to go against Katie again. Tom needs to concern himself with getting rid of Katie next, not Jenn.

BTW, after seeing Stephanie cleaned up at tribal council, I have come to the conclusion that she is not even remotely hot.

I don't think Tom is under the impression that he and Ian are taking each other to the final 2.

auto
05-13-05, 09:20 AM
Anyone know if it's on Sunday like normal or next thursday for the two hour finale????

It's on this Sunday at 8 pm.

Big Boy Laroux
05-13-05, 09:30 AM

Last night, i turned to my wife and said, "Well, there's two people that look better stranded on an island rather than when they're 'prettied up'."

The night before, we said the same thing about Kate (Evangeline Lilly) on Lost.

BDLOU
05-13-05, 09:33 AM
Why did they vote out Caryn last night? I wished they would have showed this reasoning. Jenn is obviously more dangerous in any challenge and she would garner more votes if she happens to make it to the Final 2. Caryn is absolutely no threat at all. She didn't completely flip out and reveal secrets until she knew that she was going home.

joseywales
05-13-05, 09:48 AM
Why did they vote out Caryn last night? I wished they would have showed this reasoning. Jenn is obviously more dangerous in any challenge and she would garner more votes if she happens to make it to the Final 2. Caryn is absolutely no threat at all. She didn't completely flip out and reveal secrets until she knew that she was going home.

Say if Jenn gets to the final two: can't either of the remaining Survivors say that she just rode the coattails of Greg then me route.

and it's doubtful that Jenn could beat either Tom or Ian in a challenge. She hasn't done it yet.

Red Dog
05-13-05, 09:54 AM
and it's doubtful that Jenn could beat either Tom or Ian in a challenge. She hasn't done it yet.

She had a great chance last night.

However, you are probably right. The next challenge would have to be something non-physical because you know the last one will be the test of physical will-power.

BDLOU
05-13-05, 10:01 AM
Say if Jenn gets to the final two: can't either of the remaining Survivors say that she just rode the coattails of Greg then me route.

You have the same argument for Caryn if she happened to make the final 2. Even if it is just a little bit, Jenn is more of a threat than Caryn in any challenge as well as ability to play the game. Something happened that they didn't show to get Jenn off the block.

hotaru_san
05-13-05, 10:15 AM

I can think of two good reasons - it's easier to get everyone to agree to get rid of her (maybe Katie would not have voted out Jenn). Also, the game is getting more serious and you probably don't want someone around giving away all your secrets. It would be tough to stay alive in the game if you can't approach someone to join because you know they'll tell others about it and possibly get you caught in a lie. (she did reveal kind of a lot before tribal council - like running to Tom and Ian)

Robertwoj
05-13-05, 10:26 AM

The Finale is this Sunday.

B.A.
05-13-05, 10:31 AM
I was looking at the latest issue of Sly magazine and there was a little interview with Mark Burnett and he claims to be seriously considering doing Survivor someplace with cold weather conditions next (he mentioned BC and Yukon i think as possible locations)instead of the tried and true island type setting.Amen to that.

Pistol Pete
05-13-05, 10:40 AM
At first I thought Ian's decision to take Tom was monumentally stupid. However, kinda it makes sense if you think it through.

Ian sees Tom as his only real competition. If the opportunity presents itself, he will eliminate Tom. He also believes that Tom is thinking the same thing. Given the opportunity, Ian believes that Tom would take him out.

Does it make sense for Ian to take Katie and leave his strongest competition alone with two other players. Of those two players, Caryn will already do whatever Tom says. This leaves Jenn as the swing vote. Caryn and Tom would have all that time to work on her while Ian and Katie are enjoying the reward.

So Ian took Tom to keep an eye on him. This allowed the three women seeth and scheme. However, Ian figured that he had a 50% chance of surviving the women (Tom vs Ian) as opposed to a 100% chance of Tom trying to take him out.

Dimension X
05-13-05, 10:42 AM
I somewhat understand Ian's motives about taking Tom on the reward challenge. As mentioned earlier, Amber got a car when Rob took her along on the challenge that he won a car. This is why Tom and Ian made the decision that he wouldn't take Tom unless the reward involved a car. I wouldn't think that Tom would go for this because he said earlier that the goal is to win the game, not to win the rewards.
Yeah, I figured they must've been expecting a second car to be given away too. That's the only reason I could see to take Tom along.

movieking
05-13-05, 11:11 AM
Burnett has said many occassions that Survivor wouldn't be good in a cold weather climate, but I would like to see how one played out. It would be interesting to say the least, but the hot girl factor would be severely minimized.

Red Dog
05-13-05, 11:26 AM
Burnett has said many occassions that Survivor wouldn't be good in a cold weather climate, but I would like to see how one played out. It would be interesting to say the least, but the hot girl factor would be severely minimized.

There are usually only 1-2 good-looking girls per season, and in some instances, they are bounced pretty early, so I think this factor is really overrated.

aktick
05-13-05, 11:31 AM
Does anybody else think that maybe all the assumptions that Tom or Ian would easily win vs. either of the girls in the final are wrong? Sure, it seems obvious...but maybe a lot of the jury will think, "hey, they might not have been the strongest, but they did what they had to (which is nothing) to get here." Unlikely, yes, and I hope it doesn't happen like that. But I'm not so sure Tom or Ian would win.

boredsilly
05-13-05, 11:33 AM

Yeah, it would be interesting but really hard to pull off. For one thing the people would need to have tons more equipment provided from them thus dropping the "stranded" feel. That is if it would be snow around. If it is cold and dry, maybe it cold work, but I think more of the survivors would get sick.

"You wanna know what you're playing for? 2 giant sized bottles of NyQuil, the itching, sneezing, coughing, etc...worth playing for?"
"Ye....::sneeze:: ::cough:: ::hack::...yeah."

So now I think Jenn is going to win it all if she can make it to the final two. For one (not that they're bad people) but Ian and Tom both have targets on their backs. People seem to resent the players who run the game (whether its obvious or from the background). If Tom can pull a Coby and win all the immunities, there is no way in hell they're gonna vote to give him the money. Ian just won a car and thus in the jury's eyes "doesn't need it". Katie backstabbed the Gregg/Jenn alliance. While Jenn was a coat tail rider, she never really ruffled anyones feathers besides Colby and Jenu. When it comes to giving someone the million it seems that the jury votes for whom they don't want to see get the money rather than who they do. I can't wait to see how this one plays out.

Tom will definatley take the next endurance challenge, but he may get eaked out on the mental one (whick will come first). Sunday can't get here soon enough.

fujishig
05-13-05, 11:39 AM
If I were Katie, I would vote out Jenn no matter what next week, because she has an excellent chance of making it to the final two no matter who wins the last immunity. Ian seems like an emotional wreck when it comes to her, and has a better chance against her in jury voting than Tom (I would think). Tom, likewise, has to see going up against Katie (if Jenn is voted off) as the best way to win, and he's all about winning. In an endurance challenge, I don't see anyone beating Tom unless an accident happens.

If the final three doesn't include Jenn

Colby (rightfully) has thought the whole time that the girls contributed nothing, so will hopefully vote for whatever guy is in it (although he has issues with both)
Janu: who knows what she's thinking. she may fall for the girl power thing though or maybe she'll just flip a coin or something
Stephanie: betrayed by all three, but Katie is the one that called for her ouster
Greg: again, betrayed by all three, but it's Katie who seemingly lied to him and caused the tie not to happen
Jenn: I would guess would vote for Katie, but depends on if and how she's voted out

Of course, after that disappointing jury when Jenna Morasco won, I've completely lost faith in the jury system.

BDLOU
05-13-05, 11:47 AM
At first I thought Ian's decision to take Tom was monumentally stupid. However, kinda it makes sense if you think it through.

Ian sees Tom as his only real competition. If the opportunity presents itself, he will eliminate Tom. He also believes that Tom is thinking the same thing. Given the opportunity, Ian believes that Tom would take him out.

Does it make sense for Ian to take Katie and leave his strongest competition alone with two other players. Of those two players, Caryn will already do whatever Tom says. This leaves Jenn as the swing vote. Caryn and Tom would have all that time to work on her while Ian and Katie are enjoying the reward.

So Ian took Tom to keep an eye on him. This allowed the three women seeth and scheme. However, Ian figured that he had a 50% chance of surviving the women (Tom vs Ian) as opposed to a 100% chance of Tom trying to take him out.

It wouldn't matter what Tom did with the two that stayed behind. Ian had the immunity. There would be no reason for Tom to scheme behind Ian's back to remove whomever Ian took. The only reason he did it was because the reward was a car. Him and Tom discussed it and the only way Tom would go along is if it involved a car reward on the chance that the person going with the winner got a car as well(like Rob and Amber).

Pistol Pete
05-13-05, 11:50 AM
It wouldn't matter what Tom did with the two that stayed behind. Ian had the immunity. There would be no reason for Tom to scheme behind Ian's back to remove whomever Ian took. The only reason he did it was because the reward was a car. Him and Tom discussed it and the only way Tom would go along is if it involved a car reward on the chance that the person going with the winner got a car as well(like Rob and Amber).
What week were you watching? Tom had immunity, and it was after the reward challenge. At the time of the reward no one had immunity.

cdollaz
05-13-05, 12:01 PM
If Tom can pull a Coby and win all the immunities

That would be Colby. The only thing Coby won are the hearts of flamboyantly gay men everywhere.

Timber
05-13-05, 12:54 PM
Now I'm not fattie hater but why hasn't Katie lost a lick of weight since she's been out there? More importantly did anyone see the Bikini she got last week? Is she not aware that she is a big girl?

MrE
05-13-05, 01:08 PM
Great question...what HAS Katie been eating?

Red Dog
05-13-05, 01:16 PM
Now I'm not fattie hater but why hasn't Katie lost a lick of weight since she's been out there?

Why do you think she was pissed that Ian didn't take her to mansion for the feast. ;)

BDLOU
05-13-05, 02:06 PM
What week were you watching? Tom had immunity, and it was after the reward challenge. At the time of the reward no one had immunity.

What the hell was I talking about???? I still don't think Ian wanted to stop Tom from scheming against him. If this was the case then he wouldn't have mentioned that Tom and him said that if it was a car challenge then they would take each other. I think it was simply about the challenge prize. This suprises me because earlier in the season Tom said something about a reward not being the overall goal. They both risked a lot just on the off chance that they gave another car to the person Ian brought.

davidh777
05-13-05, 05:58 PM
The only reason I could think of for Ian to take Tom was that he was trying to set Tom up. Leave the girls alone to plot together to vote off Tom (the bigger threat). I know it's weak, but it's the only remotely sensical thing I could come up with.

I also figured there was no way any of the girls would come close in either of those challenges even with the final "puzzle" stages, but Jen came closer than I thought.

Amel
05-13-05, 08:49 PM
If it is cold and dry, maybe it cold work, but I think more of the survivors would get sick.

"You wanna know what you're playing for? 2 giant sized bottles of NyQuil, the itching, sneezing, coughing, etc...worth playing for?"
"Ye....::sneeze:: ::cough:: ::hack::...yeah."
:lol:

I would enjoy a different setting. The only survivor chicks I remember still looking at were Elisabeth and Amber. So, that's two outta how many? I think the female watchers get more bang for their buck from all the half-naked men running around. Hatch, fully naked, don't count...No one wanted to see that.

Patman
05-13-05, 09:18 PM
Besides Elisabeth, Colleen, and Amber:

Dolly went too soon. She looked awesome in the wrapup show last season.

Gina was nice to stare at.

Sarah, even with the fake knockers, was also good for a gawk.

Erin also belongs in the big knockers category.

Darrah had that freaky hick draw in her accent.

Jessie also went too soon (who could forget her dried out lips?)

Cute:
Penny
Julie
Tanya
Kim P.
Kelly

Amel
05-13-05, 09:39 PM
Besides Elisabeth, Colleen, and Amber:

Dolly went too soon. She looked awesome in the wrapup show last season.

Gina was nice to stare at.

Sarah, even with the fake knockers, was also good for a gawk.

Erin also belongs in the big knockers category.

Darrah had that freaky hick draw in her accent.

Jessie also went too soon (who could forget her dried out lips?)

Cute:
Penny
Julie
Tanya
Kim P.
Kelly
I do remember Colleen, though I never thought she was that cute. The rest of those chicks? I ain't got a clue who they are. I don't remember any of them. I'd probably remember if I saw pics of them.

Wasn't there a really hot female police officer? I don't think she lasted long either though.

Patman
05-13-05, 09:46 PM
The female cop was Jessie (I think).

You can see all the past survivors (SPOILERS from past seasons, of course, so be forewarned if you didn't see those seasons):

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor2/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor3/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor4/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor5/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor6/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor7/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor8/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/

Have fun!

Amel
05-13-05, 10:28 PM
The female cop was Jessie (I think).

You can see all the past survivors (SPOILERS from past seasons, of course, so be forewarned if you didn't see those seasons):

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor2/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor3/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor4/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor5/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor6/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor7/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor8/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/

Have fun!
Yeah! It was Jessie. I remember really digging her. I'm surprised I forgot about how dehydrated she had gotten and how freaky she looked with those seriously cracked lips.

Thanks for those links. I completely forgot about some of those people and how fun it was watching. I don't remember anyone from #6 Amazon or #9 Vanuatu at all. I must not have watched any of those.

And Alicia I remember as having a really attractive face, but too many manly muscles for my taste.

Chauzer
05-14-05, 11:49 AM
eliza and julie from last season were cute

Dabaomb
05-14-05, 11:52 AM

:lol:

Dabaomb
05-14-05, 11:55 AM

Actually, this season of Survivor was filming while All-Stars was airing so there's no way that Ian or Tom could've known about the extra car.

Dabaomb
05-14-05, 11:57 AM
What the hell is going on between Ian & Katie? There must be some kind of love thing going on that hasn't been shown. Those two weren't acting like friends during their crytime session.

For some reason Ian has the hots for Katie.

I dunno, but I'm not usually attracted to girls who weigh more than me, esp. if the girl was like 2 feet shorter than me.

WillieTheShakes
05-14-05, 08:36 PM
Actually, this season of Survivor was filming while All-Stars was being filmed so there's no way that Ian or Tom could've known about the extra car.

Um, what?

Wasn't All-Stars being filmed while All-Stars was being filmed?
Was Jeff commuting daily between the Pearl Islands and Palau?

Jeremy517
05-14-05, 08:53 PM
Um, what?

Wasn't All-Stars being filmed while All-Stars was being filmed?
Was Jeff commuting daily between the Pearl Islands and Palau?

He meant that this season was filming while All-Stars was <i>airing</i>.

Dabaomb
05-14-05, 09:19 PM
He meant that this season was filming while All-Stars was <i>airing</i>.

duh, that's what I meant....that's what I get for posting at 4 AM

WillieTheShakes
05-14-05, 09:27 PM
duh, that's what I meant....that's what I get for posting at 4 AM

Except that's not right, either.

ALL-STAR's airing finished May 14 with America's Tribal Council

VANUATU was filmed June 28 through August 5, 2004

PALAU was filmed Nov 1 through Dec 9, 2004.

That's more than five months after All-Stars FINISHED airing.

girlnextdoor
05-14-05, 10:07 PM
Great question...what HAS Katie been eating?

Apparently, Ian's WHIPPED nuts!

Dabaomb
05-14-05, 10:10 PM
Except that's not right, either.

ALL-STAR's airing finished May 14 with America's Tribal Council

VANUATU was filmed June 28 through August 5, 2004

PALAU was filmed Nov 1 through Dec 9, 2004.

That's more than five months after All-Stars FINISHED airing.

I stand corrected