Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fight Night Round 2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-05, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fight Night Round 2 Questions

have a few questions about Fight Night Round 2.

1. Training - should you rotate the type of training you do each fight? IE: Do combo bag, then punching bag, then weights and just rotate each time? Should you ever choose to let the computer do your training? What level do you put it on? It says you can get hurt, can you really?

2. Career - when your in your career how many rankings up should you fight each time? Should you just fight a couple up each time so you can train more and therefore increase your attributes?

3. One Punch KO's - is this all just random or is there a way to actually do one punch KO's. I've done them a couple times as well as got KO'd a couple times by them.

4. Special Punches - is there anyway for your special punch to have more power? IE. Like the power of a haymaker?

5. About to KO them - when I got up to being ranked in the top 10 it's getting very hard to KO the computer when they are in the "KO" mode.. They block freakin everything! What is a good one to hit them? Jabs?

6. Fight Store - when do some of the better things get unlocked? I had two belts and a lot of stuff was still locked? I don't want a cheat code or anything I was just wondering when.

Hopefully I Get some answers because I think these are all good questions that people need to know.

Thanks
Old 05-09-05, 01:47 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts
also, are the controls that tough to get used to? i like fighting games, but had "Rocky" and gave it up because i just didn't like the slowness to it, but that also wasn't analog control. i really want this for "Super Punch-out", but can't see geting it just for that and want to use all.

so is the analog difficult and does the game dynamics move fast?
Old 05-09-05, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Personally this is my favorite Xbox game thus far that I've played. It's extremely addicting (even more so if you watch "The Contender"). The controls take a while to get used to (a few fights is all) but are very easy when you do.

When you go in career mode it walks you through how to do all the punches / moves so that helps a lot.
Old 05-10-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by tbird2340
have a few questions about Fight Night Round 2.

1. Training - should you rotate the type of training you do each fight? IE: Do combo bag, then punching bag, then weights and just rotate each time? Should you ever choose to let the computer do your training? What level do you put it on? It says you can get hurt, can you really?
I don't rotate, I train mostly in the area I feel would benefit the boxer the most. For heavy weights, I concentrated on punching bags and weights (for power). For middle/light weights, I concentrated on combo and punching bags. I think punching bags is great in general since it raises so many attributes.

2. Career - when your in your career how many rankings up should you fight each time? Should you just fight a couple up each time so you can train more and therefore increase your attributes?
You definitely fight more early on (so you can train more), b/c once you get high rankings, you can only fight every 1/2 year or so. Don't bother to change weight class until you have won your division so you can unify the belts.

3. One Punch KO's - is this all just random or is there a way to actually do one punch KO's. I've done them a couple times as well as got KO'd a couple times by them.
It is pretty hard to 1-punch KO CPUs, I have only done it a couple of times in over 90 fights. You have to catch the right opponent with the right punch. So it seems random to me.

4. Special Punches - is there anyway for your special punch to have more power? IE. Like the power of a haymaker?
I don't think so. I never use them either.

5. About to KO them - when I got up to being ranked in the top 10 it's getting very hard to KO the computer when they are in the "KO" mode.. They block freakin everything! What is a good one to hit them? Jabs?
Try to vary your punches. I jab up top, then straight bottom, etc. You can still knock them down with jabs and they are faster, so if you are having trouble, definitely mix it up with jabs (don't necessary go for the kill with uppercuts, etc). I find combinations to work wonders, like jabbing lower right combo into hooking upper left.

6. Fight Store - when do some of the better things get unlocked? I had two belts and a lot of stuff was still locked? I don't want a cheat code or anything I was just wondering when.
Win belts or those special EA bouts (where only KOs end the round). Do you know that you can win the Amateur championship by winning the first 10 amateur bouts? That will unlock the first set of goodies. Then just keep winning belts.

Thanks
You are welcomed!
Old 05-10-05, 07:28 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts
so how does "Super Punch-Out" play?
Old 05-13-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Super Punch Out plays as good as I remember it on the SNES.
Old 03-09-06, 04:45 PM

Anyone know where I can find the manual online for Fight Night Round 2 for XBOX? I've found it for Playstation and for Round 1 on XBOX at replacementdocs.com but just can't locate this version...
Old 03-09-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
If you just want controls, Gamefly usually has them if you search for the game. Also, gamefaqs should have some FAQs as well. Not sure what you would need an online manual for other than controls.