bump....this is on the air now for eastcoast ppl
Old 05-08-05, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Let's the ass-whuppin' commence!
Old 05-08-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
boring first round that I give to #1 Daddy. 2nd round was better but #1 Daddy won that round too.
Old 05-08-05, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jesse easily won round 3. Jesse was messing with him, he stuck his tongue out at him
Old 05-08-05, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anthony dominated round 4. He threw punches non-stop. Anthony is up 3-1
Old 05-08-05, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, Jesse came out of nowhere that round. He was throwing uppercuts the whole round and finally landed one. Then he landed another one that put #1 Daddy down. Bonsante barely got up but he didn't have all his bearings so Jesse contintued the onslaught and the ref stopped the fight.
Old 05-08-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Whew, I was scared #1 Daddy was going to out-round Jesse, but #1 Daddy couldn't stay away enough in round #5 to not get knocked out. Dummy.
Old 05-08-05, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am glad it ended that way. The 5 rounds was alot more beneficial to #1 Daddy and I am glad Brinkley (who is by far the better boxer) found a way to win. Also, I do not know why everyone hates on Brinkley so much. I like him.
Old 05-08-05, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Was a good fight but yeah #1 dad shoulda ran and hid for that last round.Looks like maybe next week its a Manfredo Jr/Gomez rematch?
Old 05-08-05, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good fight. Bonsante is a serious puncher, Jesse really got lucky that Anthony was too stupid to float in round 5.

I explained in last week's thread why I hate Jesse, as did a few others.

If Peter fights Alfonso then Sergio v Jesse and Serg will beat his ass. Peter/Alfonso II should be a good one.
Old 05-08-05, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I should check last week's thread cuz I really like Jesse. I hate #1 Daddy, btw. He seems like a total asshole. Also, I feel like a boxer's kids when they're that young really shouldn't know quite so much about what daddy does for a living. That daughter's bug-eyed hollering at the fights made me sick. And his whole my-kids-are-more-important-than-your-kids schtick was repulsive. I'm glad Jesse bested him. It wasn't luck like Sly and the trainer said. Sugar Ray was right; He fough smart. He saw his opening and he took it. Great fight.

All our faves are in the final four. Let's see if our household fave, the Latin Snake, can pull it all off.
Old 05-08-05, 10:38 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was a sloppy fight.

It did indeed seem like Alfonzo vs. Peter next week.

Kind of lame, I was hoping not to see that rematch until the finals if at all. Hoping Alphonso wins again, would suck for someone who got a second chance to end up taking the million (and I think either Peter or Alfonzo will win it all).
Old 05-08-05, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts
Can't believe he didn't step away after the first uppercut and instead kept trying to box inside. Jesse took some good punches, but it didn't seem to phase him enough that he still looked to land the haymaker.
Old 05-08-05, 11:00 PM

That fight wasn't too exciting, but maybe that's because neither were very well-liked personalities on the show. The editing of the show the whole way in made it pretty clear who was going to win, which was disappointing. I thought it was strange that they had Brinkley complaining about how he hurt his hamstring was and nothing of Bonsante and his torn hamstring.

Might have to start a drinking game when the DVD set comes out set to how many times Brinkely mentions 'coward' or 'courage' throughout the series though.
Old 05-08-05, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OMG. those hits came out of NOWHERE. I think that JEssie was biding his time, but at the same time, he was lucky in that he had just enough time to find a sliver of light.

And i don't want to see alfonso + peter again. I like both of them and I want the two to reach the end.
Old 05-09-05, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
I should check last week's thread cuz I really like Jesse. I hate #1 Daddy, btw. He seems like a total asshole. Also, I feel like a boxer's kids when they're that young really shouldn't know quite so much about what daddy does for a living. That daughter's bug-eyed hollering at the fights made me sick. And his whole my-kids-are-more-important-than-your-kids schtick was repulsive. I'm glad Jesse bested him. It wasn't luck like Sly and the trainer said. Sugar Ray was right; He fough smart. He saw his opening and he took it. Great fight.

All our faves are in the final four. Let's see if our household fave, the Latin Snake, can pull it all off.
I like Jesse too. He seems like a pretty good guy. He looked after Joey and he has been pretty funny throughout. He didn't let Ishe take advantage of him. He talked smack to Ishe to defend himself. I know that he didn't pick to fight Ishe cuz he was smart enough to know that Ishe would've probably beat him. However, he didn't lie about fighting him like #1 Daddy did with fighting Jimmy.

I think that Jesse did get lucky. In a 10-round fight Jesse would've beaten #1 Daddy soundly but in a 5-round fight he put himself in position to lose. He was down 3-1 going into round 5 and the only way he was gonna win was by knockout.

He was lucky enough to catch a careless Bonsante with that uppercut. Once Bonsante went down, that made the round 10-8 for Jesse which would've tied the fight but odds are that Bonsante would've gone down at least once more which would've made it a 10-7 round.

Unless you have tremendous knockout power, you can't rely on knocking someone out to win a fight. Jesse got lucky plain and simple.
Old 05-09-05, 06:44 AM

I was under the vibe that it was going to be Manfredo vs. Sergio next week, but it seems the consensus is Manfredo vs. Gomez. Either way the final four should be fantastic. Hopefully they will have a second season of Contender. Its the only good reality show going.
Old 05-09-05, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I USED to like Jesse.. Now I can't stand him.. So bad that I wanted Bonsante to beat him senseless.. I couldn't stand #1 Daddy either but Jesse needs his clock cleaned. And hold up.. Wasn't Jesse the one that started the whole smack talking with Ishe? As I remember it Jesse and someone else were in the kitchen talking bad about Ishe and giving him strange looks so Ishe asked if they had a problem. Then Jesse acted all hard and had to have his friends pull him away from him (yea right).

Then he has the chance to back up all that smack he talked and he freakin wussed out. Yea, it's for a million dollars but why talk the smack if your gonna do that.

And had Joey's back? He wanted Joey to lose that fight to Peta.. I don't know dude. I just can't stand Jesse anymore.

Go Alfonzo!
Old 05-09-05, 08:01 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I HATED the way the editors and Bonsante himself uses his kids. Showing his daughter crying and stuff was exploitative
Old 05-09-05, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
As I said in a previous thread, this fight meant nothing really because i can't see either of them having a shot in the next round.

That said, I didn't like either of them, but I can't stand Jesse. I can't really put my finger on it, but there's something about him that I just don't like. I know fighters are suppose to be cocky and arrogant, but its different with him. Not sure why.

I think you're right that in a 10 round fight, Jesse wins easily, but in this fight, he got his but kicked until the very end.

I'm cheering for Alfonso the entire way. He just seems like he's the guy i want to see win it. Quiet, nice, gets along with everyone, and is a great fighter. I hope he wins.
Old 05-09-05, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
I HATED the way the editors and Bonsante himself uses his kids. Showing his daughter crying and stuff was exploitative
Word to the word. I hated that too and I hated #1 Daddy, #1 Daughter and #1 Grandma.

ETA: I want an all Mexican final fight. I like all 4 at this point but that's the fight I want to see. Those guys are the epitome of cool.
Old 05-09-05, 02:12 PM

I have no idea what her true motives were, but I really liked how Jesse's wife was yelling "Stop the fight!" after the knockdown. Whatever the motive, I think it was a nice move.
Old 05-09-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
I really think they should have stopped the fight after the knockdown. After #1 Daddy got up, he just looked way too out of it to me, not ready to continue the fight at all, which is probably the reason why he wasn't able to avoid to stay away from Jesse for the remainder of the fight.
Old 05-09-05, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by tbird2340
I USED to like Jesse.. Now I can't stand him.. So bad that I wanted Bonsante to beat him senseless.. I couldn't stand #1 Daddy either but Jesse needs his clock cleaned. And hold up.. Wasn't Jesse the one that started the whole smack talking with Ishe? As I remember it Jesse and someone else were in the kitchen talking bad about Ishe and giving him strange looks so Ishe asked if they had a problem. Then Jesse acted all hard and had to have his friends pull him away from him (yea right).

Then he has the chance to back up all that smack he talked and he freakin wussed out. Yea, it's for a million dollars but why talk the smack if your gonna do that.

And had Joey's back? He wanted Joey to lose that fight to Peta.. I don't know dude. I just can't stand Jesse anymore.

Go Alfonzo!
Yep.

Plus all he kept saying to Joey was that he should want to fight the stronger fighter. That clearly wasn't Jesse's plan in the final 8. How good of a friend is that? If he was really Joey's friend he would've let him fight #1 Daddy, who is a hitter, but not a boxer at all. Let's see, he is such a good friend that he gives advice he doesn't believe in. Then he sets his "friend" up with the best fighter in the competition - who Jesse himself happens to be scared shitless of. This guy is a piece of shit.

We all hated Bonsante for lying about who he was going to fight. Not only did Jesse lie about the same thing, but he lied about lying about it too. IIRC he looked right into the camera and said I can't wait to take Ishe out or STTE. Talks a whole lot of shit to Ishe then backs down because he knows Ishe will eat him up. That's called bitching out where I come from. That gets no props. You got words? Back it up. If you can't then shut your mouth and let the big boys play. He's a poser who's not as tough as he'd like everyone to think he is.

Even his "friendship" with Peter is bullshit. He's only "friends" with him so he won't look like he's ducking him, instead like he just doesn't want to fight his boy til the end.

There are liars and there are phonies. Both suck. Jesse is the latter.

I'll say it again - I don't disagree with his strategy, I disagree with the way he goes about it. Same I felt about Bonsante.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.