DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : PrimeTime Live Special "Fallen Idol" 05/04/05

movieking
05-04-05, 07:31 AM
I think that this deserves its own thread, as the show will be airing tonight. I haven't followed AI this year, but I saw former contestant Carmen on ET yesterday, saying that she never saw Corey Clarke getting any extra attention or spending time with Paula Abdul, but she did see him in bed with one of the other female contestant (but she won't say who).

From ABC.com:

"Clark said in recent phone conversations and in a recorded voice mail message that he played for "Primetime Live," Abdul implored him not to talk about her or publish his memoirs."

I am curious to see if ABC will air the alleged voice mail that Paula left for Corey Clarke, and whether or not it will be damaging. She could have called him to ask him not to talk about her, whether or not anything happened.

Who was in the season with Corey Clarke? I am curious to see what females were in the house with him? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out, since he didn't last that long between getting booted.

Red Dog
05-04-05, 07:35 AM
I want Eyes, dammit. :mad:

tommyp007
05-04-05, 07:45 AM
I'll watch.

Autumn
05-04-05, 07:47 AM
Who was in the season with Corey Clarke? I am curious to see what females were in the house with him? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out, since he didn't last that long between getting booted.

Kimberley Locke, Joshua Gracin, Charles Grigsby, Kimberly Caldwell, Rickey Smith, Julia DeMato, Clay Aiken, Vanessa Olivarez, Carmen Rasmusen, Trenyce, Ruben Studdard

http://www.tvtome.com/AmericanIdol/season2.html

movieking
05-04-05, 08:38 AM
Interesting. I guess I would think that it would be Julia DeMato. Caldwell was going out with one of the contestants that didn't make the top 12, Rasmusen said that she saw it, and no sure but Locke might have had a boyfriend then as well (even if she didn't, she doesn't seem like the type). Out of Olivarez, Trenyce, and DeMato, I would go with DeMato.

Michael Corvin
05-04-05, 08:52 AM
Saw a bit of the bit on ET last night as well.

Even if "Abdul implored him not to talk about her or publish his memoirs." It could be referencing anything, and he just chose to make it about him. For example, he could have stumbled into her dressing room seeing that she has a third nipple or caught her bent over a table with Simon, or whatever, she calls and says not to write about it. Instead he comes up with her sleeping with him, and the tape would still work.

I call bullshit. Someone trying to extend a 15 minutes of fame that weren't there to begin with.

Tscott
05-04-05, 09:05 AM
Amen.

QuikSilver
05-04-05, 02:59 PM
Will be watching this tonight just to see what all the controversy is.

Michael Corvin
05-04-05, 03:33 PM

Not me, I don't want to feed the hype machine. I'll be back here tomorrow to see the results. :)

Morf
05-04-05, 03:33 PM

Double Amen.

Draven
05-04-05, 03:43 PM

Kid got voted off. Decided to spice up potential book/record deal by claiming sexual relationship with judge. Judge denies.

Now you don't need to watch.

DVD Josh
05-04-05, 05:36 PM
Kid got voted off. Decided to spice up potential book/record deal by claiming sexual relationship with judge. Judge denies.

Now you don't need to watch.

For accuracy's sake, he was disqualified. He was NOT voted off.

DRG
05-04-05, 05:44 PM
Geezus, I thought it was bad enough seeing that Paris Hilton had written a book. Now a so-so American Idol contestant has one too? Who the hell would buy this? Even if you were interested about the whole Paula thing, they're revealing every 'detail' about this supposed event on the news and whatnot. After that, what's left? Is there any human on the planet who gives a crap about Corey Clark's childhood antecdotes?

raven56706
05-04-05, 09:11 PM
12 minutes in into the show and i dont believe him already

SBrooks1
05-04-05, 09:17 PM
12 minutes in into the show and i dont believe him already

They haven't played her answering machine message to him yet

hdtv00
05-04-05, 09:19 PM
I know he hit that....plain and simple.

raven56706
05-04-05, 09:22 PM
22 minutes into the show.... she is psycho

FantasticVSDoom
05-04-05, 09:27 PM
Eh, I think there is a strong possibility that it happened. He isn’t any less credible than she is. It’s basically his word against hers and I wouldn’t necessarily believe her over him just because she is famous.

*Edit: And this is about as boring a story as it gets...

Daryl
05-04-05, 09:28 PM
he certainly has a lot of evidence

raven56706
05-04-05, 09:40 PM
39 minutes in to the show..... man she is a psycho times 2

gettinbranded
05-04-05, 09:40 PM
Something was going on between them.

Exactly what, who knows?

twikoff
05-04-05, 09:41 PM
definitly has alot of evidence that she at least took him in and helped him

Iron_Giant
05-04-05, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=movieking]I think that this deserves its own thread, as the show will be airing tonight. I haven't followed AI this year, but I saw former contestant Carmen on ET yesterday, saying that she never saw Corey Clarke getting any extra attention or spending time with Paula Abdul, but she did see him in bed with one of the other female contestant (but she won't say who).QUOTE]
**I saw the interview with Carmen, and I believe she said, "Everyone was very busy and everyone was always chaperoned where ever they went. I never saw him do anything with Paula, but I did see him do some stuff with some of the women contesents."

***I did not hear say that he slept with them.

Daryl
05-04-05, 09:45 PM
I smell 20 lawsuits getting filed by the 20 who didn't make the cut from 32 to 12

gettinbranded
05-04-05, 09:49 PM
I smell 20 lawsuits getting filed by the 20 who didn't make the cut from 32 to 12

Bah.

They weren't promised anything.

raven56706
05-04-05, 09:51 PM
Damn.... this means i have a chance with paula....my chance of putting it in her butt lives on.... rotfl

Daryl
05-04-05, 09:53 PM
Bah.

They weren't promised anything.

I didn't say they'd be legit lawsuits! ;)

SBrooks1
05-04-05, 09:59 PM
I believe Corey. The voice mails she left him pretty much confirm it for me. Corey's Mom seems real fake though. Acting all mad at Paula for supposedly breaking Corey's heart. I don't buy that.

raven56706
05-04-05, 10:01 PM
i dont buy the whole thing....he never stated his motives... he wants to set the record straight for what.....

twikoff
05-04-05, 10:05 PM
to brag..
and promote his album

which obviously will have a single come out based on his claim

Pharoh
05-04-05, 10:05 PM
i dont buy the whole thing....he never stated his motives... he wants to set the record straight for what.....

To clear his own path.

:rolleyes:

While I might accept that Paula had some type of contact with him, methinks he is a money grubbing attention whore. But that's just me.

gettinbranded
05-04-05, 10:06 PM

To sell records.

dwells
05-04-05, 10:08 PM
Man, that was a boring hour of television- there goes an hour of my life that I will never get back........

gettinbranded
05-04-05, 10:10 PM
to brag..
and promote his album

which obviously will have a single come out based on his claim

I think they said he named it "paulatics"

Michael T Hudson
05-04-05, 10:11 PM
The phone calls if they are to Paula are pretty damning.

Daryl
05-04-05, 10:12 PM
not sure what made me laugh harder: the "Paulatics" title or him singing the words "Straight Up" in the song.

Patman
05-04-05, 10:14 PM
I'm waiting on the next single, "Grow up, Paula."

Amel
05-04-05, 10:28 PM
Either way, I feel the same way about him now as I did before, he's a scumbag.

I don't really care if Paula banged him. So what?! The chick's using the show to get laid. This kinda thing's been going on for years. And I have no doubt that Simon has added a few notches to his bed post with hopeful winners.

SMB-IL
05-04-05, 10:38 PM
I started the hour not believing him just because he comes off as so smarmy, but as the hour wore on (and it did wear on), I began to believe him. The phone records did it for me and that voice mail message from Paula -- so demanding, so sure of his obedience after almost no contact for two years; "You say absolutely nothing. That's all you do." Bah! And the phone records (if they weren't exaggerated for the screen) of pages and pages and pages of calls; I can see her being like that -- a little psycho and possessive.

Not that, in the end, it matters much. I don’t think anyone was damaged by any of this. I think Clark's voice was enough to get him through to the final 12 with or without Abdul. Now if she ignores this and doesn't make a big "Entertainment Tonight" stink about it, everyone can go on with their lives.

Yeah, like THAT'll happen.

SMB-IL
05-04-05, 10:39 PM
...And I have no doubt that Simon has added a few notches to his bed post with hopeful winners.Eww.

paulringodaman
05-04-05, 11:24 PM
I am soooooo oddly attracted to Paula......Oh, who cares about all of this. She's getting old and wanted a fling with a young guy...thats it! I can't believe he says he needs to "come clean with himself." He wants to sell records, that's it!

SlingshotBandit
05-05-05, 12:25 AM
This dude obviously times all of this to sell the album he's cutting.

I'm on the west coast, so I haven't seen all of this yet -- only 15 minutes.

They played an excerpt from the answering machine message. That could've been in regards to anything. Is that simply ALL she left on the machine? Or is that the part she kept?

"The scrap of paper"....like we know she wrote that.

Paula does seem a little off at times, but more and more celebrities are being targeted by someone who's looking to travel through that road on their way to success.

If she truly is innocent, I feel sorry for her. If she's guilty, then I think living with the embarrasment of what she did will be punishment enough. (AI producers can do what they want, and what's best for their show, of course.)

I just think you can turn something into anything. If she's innocent, I think in a week or two -- once he's finished regurgitating all the crap that's coming out of his mouth -- she should go on and tell her side. If she stays mum...well, her silence may be incriminating enough.

Now all we need is Henry Fonda to get to the bottom of all this. :)

potvin48
05-05-05, 12:36 AM
I think everything he said was a lie. For a few reasons, but the main one being that, if they were doing all this shopping together, someone would have seen them and we'd have heard about this a LONG time ago. Judge and contestant even seen together anywhere would be grounds for termination on both parties...

This is all to get attention so he can sell his crappy music and probably even crappier book.

Douchebag.

SlingshotBandit
05-05-05, 01:01 AM
I've had a chance to watch the whole thing now.

Although his allegation doesn't completely sell me, that one particular phone conversation (the only part that we hear, anyway) does deal a nasty blow.

In regards to Corey's mother, what a dildo-abuser. She has a big problem with the alleged relationship and acts really shocked at the lyrics, when they were handed to her. Well, she acted as if she knew it was going on before (when she says she'd get phone calls from her at their home all the time), so is she just coming to that realization? Please. This seems calculated to me. Mostly done well, but...

there's some inconsistancies for sure. But I'm still fence-sitting on this issue. I really like how objective the show was, though. :rolleyes: (Ratings.)

Nabalab
05-05-05, 01:03 AM
Interesting. I guess I would think that it would be Julia DeMato. Caldwell was going out with one of the contestants that didn't make the top 12, Rasmusen said that she saw it, and no sure but Locke might have had a boyfriend then as well (even if she didn't, she doesn't seem like the type). Out of Olivarez, Trenyce, and DeMato, I would go with DeMato.

It was mentioned in Simon's book that Corey was rumored to be fooling around with Kimberly Caldwell and/or Trenyce. I know that Kimberly was going out with JD Adams, but who knows.

This (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3979388) book review actually mentions it.

hdtv00
05-05-05, 02:49 AM
The lawsuits would be legit. DUH!

As far as the phone call could mean anything. Again DUH! , she might be stupid but whos god damn stupid enough to call up voice mail and basically confess to something being recorded. Of course she wouldnt come out and say anything.

In the end who even cares...the ONLY problem is there are very clear LAWS on game shows and what they can and cant do dating back to all that crap that happened in the 50' or whenever it was. Hence lawsuits...however thats probably not enough prove to convict...but in this day and age who knows...they'd probably settle with the contestants anyway.

The fact that she slept with him does'nt mean a damn thing, but I think its pretty damn clear she helped him which is clearly a violation of said laws.

In the end...WHO CARES lol its stupid ass american idol...I cant believe people actually watch that retarded crap anyway.

movieking
05-05-05, 06:48 AM
**I saw the interview with Carmen, and I believe she said, "Everyone was very busy and everyone was always chaperoned where ever they went. I never saw him do anything with Paula, but I did see him do some stuff with some of the women contesents."

***I did not hear say that he slept with them.

She definitely said that she saw him in bed with another contestant, and she did not let them see her. She said that to this day the two in bed never knew that she saw them.

movieking
05-05-05, 06:49 AM
Interesting. I had to tape it since it came on late where I live, but it sounds like more people are believing him than her.

Did he mention anything about Justin Guirini? I think that Clarke said in a previous interview that Abdul had a relationship with him as well.

BDLOU
05-05-05, 07:00 AM
Did she ever officially deny any of this? I haven't heard her come out and say anything.

johnglass
05-05-05, 07:03 AM
The American Idol response, posted at the bottom of their home page:

RESPONSE TO CLARK ALLEGATION
Disqualified “American Idol” contestant Corey Clark was removed from the show for failing to disclose his criminal arrest history. Despite documented procedures and multiple opportunities for contestants to raise any concerns they may have, the producers of “American Idol,” FremantleMedia, 19 Entertainment and FOX were never notified or contacted by Mr. Clark, nor presented any evidence concerning his claims. We will, of course, look into any evidence of improper conduct that we receive. In the meantime, we recommend that the public carefully examine Mr. Clark’s motives, given his apparent desire to exploit his prior involvement with “American Idol” for profit and publicity.

kantonburg
05-05-05, 07:18 AM
No matter what. I have a feeling Fox will axe her because of the witch hunt that the media puts on on matters like this. They'll find some other hottie to replace her. Hopefully one with a little more criticism.

raven56706
05-05-05, 07:18 AM
Funny stuff... Corey is a moron and his motives are simple....

movieking
05-05-05, 08:03 AM
I think that she should/will be fired.

I only hope that they bring Vitamin C in to reprise her award-worthy judging talents as displayed in WB's Superstar USA.

raven56706
05-05-05, 08:37 AM
or Anastacia... she is so hot
:drool:

SMB-IL
05-05-05, 08:52 AM
No matter what. I have a feeling Fox will axe her because of the witch hunt that the media puts on on matters like this.A witch hunt over American Idol? Wow, how slow would the news have to be for this to happen?

raven56706
05-05-05, 08:57 AM
Apparently, fox has asked corey for his help into the probe but he doesnt want to help.

I think he is lying.

oh well, his motives are... um... are... exactly. he doesnt specify why... he says he has a 900lb gorilla on him. Why?

njchris
05-05-05, 09:13 AM
A witch hunt over American Idol? Wow, how slow would the news have to be for this to happen?

I don't see this as important enough for them to bother.

I'd say keeping her would help ratings next season. People may tune in to see how she is reacting to people.

I didn't believe much of what I heard. No real concrete facts shown. Mostly innuendo. If he was hurt or damaged in some way, he would have sued, not gone on TV to get an extra 15 mins of fame.

Regardless.. it's hardly a witch hunt, IMHO.

ChefWinduAZ
05-05-05, 09:37 AM
IMHO, I think the reason Clark decided to come forward with all of this now, besides promoting his crappy album, is that he was both angry and jealous. Angry because this season Scott Savol was revealed to have been arrested for the same thing as Corey but was not kicked off the show. Of course FOX says that Savol was up front about the arrest. And I think Corey was jealous of what appeared to be Paula's new boy toy of the season, Constantine. If Corey's allegations are true then it looks like Paula moved on to Constantine this season after her emotional outburst last week when Constatntine was voted off.

mphtrilogy
05-05-05, 09:47 AM
If she is not canned because of this, the show will be subject to a lot of litigation.

She should have handed in her resignation after this aired. It is disgraceful.

There was certainly enough evidence to prove that she was invovled with him in some form or another. She should not be fratenizing with the contestants in any one way or form

Smells like a Quiz Show type scandal, that these producers need to eradicate immediately.

They needed to get rid of her anyway due to her errtic and strange behavior throughout the season, this just gives them a very easy excuse.

Now its just a matter of do they wait until the end of the season, or go the rest of the way with Randy and Simon only?

I think Bette Midler would be a perfect replacement.

raven56706
05-05-05, 09:58 AM
No way.... she is awesome

in bed ;)

but seriously, he has an issue and even said " he doesnt have money for food".. what the hell does his parents do then. this is weird and hard to believe.

Red Dog
05-05-05, 10:15 AM
For the love of....

ABC's "Primetime Live" special, which featured former "Idol" contestant Corey Clark discussing his alleged affair with judge Paula Abdul, scored a 9.2/15 to win the 10 p.m. hour. "CSI: NY" was second for CBS with an 8.8/14, leaving NBC's "Law & Order," 7.9/13, in third.

-rolleyes-

maingon
05-05-05, 10:19 AM
i cant stand anyone one of the american idol judges, cant believe this show is so popular

njchris
05-05-05, 10:19 AM
There was certainly enough evidence to prove that she was invovled with him in some form or another. She should not be fratenizing with the contestants in any one way or form
What real evidence? Phone calls to where exactly? Did they say nobody else had the number? There's just not enough concrete info, IMHO.

The voice message, even if it was her.. did not say at all what it was about.

His description of the home could have come from anyone that saw her home toured on Oprah.

I heard she helped coach lots of them. She isn't making any voting decisions, the people are. And where exactly does it say the "judges" can't talk or interact with the contestants??? They aren't the ones making the voting decisions decisions.

Jadzia
05-05-05, 10:27 AM
What real evidence? Phone calls to where exactly? Did they say nobody else had the number? There's just not enough concrete info, IMHO.

The voice message, even if it was her.. did not say at all what it was about.

His description of the home could have come from anyone that saw her home toured on Oprah.

I heard she helped coach lots of them. She isn't making any voting decisions, the people are. And where exactly does it say the "judges" can't talk or interact with the contestants??? They aren't the ones making the voting decisions decisions.

I think they probably did fool around, but I agree that I don't think her "help" would have mattered. She is a "judge" in name only. Her opinions are meaningless. If he had to sleep with her to curry her favor, she must sleep with all the contestants since she criticizes no one. If he really wanted to sleep with a judge whose opinion mattered, he would have slept with Simon.

I thought the special was funny how they dragged out all these loser contestants that no one even remembers and kept goading them to be upset by this "scandal". Most of them acted like they have long sincx emoved and didn't give a shit.

I kept thinking that one guy in the front row was Steve Urkel.

Y2K Falcon
05-05-05, 11:02 AM
...methinks he is a money grubbing attention whore. But that's just me.
So, that sets him apart from any other I-dull contestant in what way? :hscratch:

I wanted to hear a taped phone conversation reviewing their session together:

"Corey. (long pause, eyes watering)
You stepped up to the plate tonight, and hit a home run. (palms flat, gesturing wildly)
You brought a spirit to the hotel room that no other contestant before you has ever had.
You took my vagina, and you made it your own.
I am SOOOOO proud of you." (passes out)

Timber
05-05-05, 11:04 AM
I completely believed him. The phone records, the receipt, and the voicemail. It's obvious why he's coming out with it now but that doesn't make it any less true (IMO) I did like the Journey song and him pretending he had no idea Randy was in Journey.

Also, someone said earlier that they would have been noticed in public. The beginning of the show is taped a few months in advance so when they're hanging out no one in the public has any idea who he is much less remember 3 months later when they finally see him on TV.

Bill Needle
05-05-05, 12:15 PM
I heard she helped coach lots of them. She isn't making any voting decisions, the people are. And where exactly does it say the "judges" can't talk or interact with the contestants??? They aren't the ones making the voting decisions.

In fact they "help" them every night the show airs on national TV. The "judge's" (quotes because they are not judges at this point anymore) comments after their performances are quoted endlessly, and they are allowed to say anything they want. What has more influence, suggesting a song or outfit, or saying your performance sucked on live TV moments before the voting starts? One is a horrific violation of the sacred trust the public puts in American Idol, and the other is part of the process. -ohbfrank- They critique song choice and wardrobe (look) during the actual taping of the show. The contestants also get help from a myriad of people while preparing for their live performances during the week.

Get a grip America. What a contrived controversy brought on by a useless tool trying to foist a crap album and crap book. Anyone should be ashamed of themselves if they really care about what this guy has to say.

raven56706
05-05-05, 12:30 PM
In fact they "help" them every night the show airs on national TV. The "judge's" (quotes because they are not judges at this point anymore) comments after their performances are quoted endlessly, and they are allowed to say anything they want. What has more influence, suggesting a song or outfit, or saying your performance sucked on live TV moments before the voting starts? One is a horrific violation of the sacred trust the public puts in American Idol, and the other is part of the process. -ohbfrank- They critique song choice and wardrobe (look) during the actual taping of the show. The contestants also get help from a myriad of people while preparing for their live performances during the week.

Get a grip America. What a contrived controversy brought on by a useless tool trying to foist a crap album and crap book. Anyone should be ashamed of themselves if they really care about what this guy has to say.

AMEN

BDLOU
05-05-05, 12:51 PM

I agree that it did not in anyway affect the competition. But neither did Corey not disclosing his arrest. It was morally wrong for him not to be up front about that information. It is also morally wrong for Paula to involve herself with a current contestant. They can't hold the contestants to one standard and the "judges" to another.

raven56706
05-05-05, 12:57 PM
Corey is a moron but he isnt the only one. What about the fat girl who sang awesome and was let go because of a porno she made.

need i say more

BDLOU
05-05-05, 01:00 PM
Corey is a moron but he isnt the only one. What about the fat girl who sang awesome and was let go because of a porno she made.

need i say more

Frenchie???

raven56706
05-05-05, 01:02 PM
thats correct... and she was a great singer

BDLOU
05-05-05, 01:07 PM
I seriously think Scott would have been booted this year had Mario not quit. They wanted to stay away from having to do more manipulation.

rkndkn
05-05-05, 01:12 PM

need i say more

She didn't make a porno -- her picture simply appeared as advertisement on an adult website.

raven56706
05-05-05, 01:17 PM
but still, it wasnt disclosed and she was let go

fujishig
05-05-05, 03:02 PM
I agree that Paula is not a judge, and so while this may have violated some kind of contract terms, this incident alone (if true) should not result in her termination (abuse of power, yes. Influcencing the outcome, no.). She doesn't criticize anybody! If it were Simon, that'd be one thing, but she says the exact same thing to each individual. The only nuance you can get from her is if she focuses on how well you were dressed, that usually means your performance wasn't that good.

The only thing the judges determined that season, IIRC, was the final 35, and America voted for the 12 themselves. Even the final 35 was done by consensus, though she certainly could have championed him. Still, if he wasn't good enough, he wouldn't have made it.

I always wondered: do the contestants still live in the same house? They showed the houses extensively in earlier seasons, but not so much in recent ones.

Bill Needle
05-05-05, 04:59 PM
I always wondered: do the contestants still live in the same house? They showed the houses extensively in earlier seasons, but not so much in recent ones.
From the few blips I've seen over the wife's shoulder this season I thought I saw them getting ready to leave for the show from a hotel.

NeonGlow
05-05-05, 05:26 PM
From the few blips I've seen over the wife's shoulder this season I thought I saw them getting ready to leave for the show from a hotel.

I don't think they live in the same house anymore. I think some are roommates at the hotel since I heard that mentioned once on the show.

nightwing82
05-05-05, 07:58 PM
Also, someone said earlier that they would have been noticed in public. The beginning of the show is taped a few months in advance so when they're hanging out no one in the public has any idea who he is much less remember 3 months later when they finally see him on TV.

Paula, like most celebrities (hell even B-list celebrities), are usually photographed when they are out and about. If they were out together, I am sure a picture would be available and the photographer would be offering it up for $$$. There is just no way they could sneak around without being caught by someone snapping a photo. Even if Paula is with a nobody, you can see the tabloids "And who is THIS with Paula Abdul?", etc.

I really did not believe the kid. Obvious push for his album, and how laughable was that song? Maybe he can work in the words 'cold hearted snake' and 'opposites attract' into it too haha. He hardly even looked the interviewer in the eyes when he was making all these claims. Also, there was no time/date stamp on that voice mail, who knows at what point it was left, and Paula did not sound upset at all on it. Just a jaded contestant who didn't make it all the way (on the show or with Paula).

gnradd21
05-07-05, 03:07 AM
Corey's definitely a publicity whore, but I think he's telling the truth, at least for the most part. I believe there was a sexual relationship, but both of them are to blame. No doubt he flirted like crazy, giving her puppy-dog eyes while singing all those sappy love ballads, and she ate it up and offered to give him "special help", and it went from there. Yes, she's an adult and should've known it was wrong, but geez people...she's an aging female celebrity, and a cute younger guy showed her some attention. Is it really hard to believe that she gave in to his flirting? :rolleyes: I have little doubt they knocked boots, and she should just admit it or this thing will drag on and on. They were two consenting adults, so no one's going to jail.

The only problem I have here is that obviously it's favoritism towards a specific contestant, even though I thought Corey had talent and could've made it to at least the top 5. Her advice may have helped him get extra votes, but really you never know why the audience votes for certain contestants. Some people may have thought he deliberately picked the Steve Perry song, knowing that Randy would be a bit biased, and NOT voted for him, thinking "that ass-kisser". So in a way I really think that even if the judges give a contestant advice, it may not necessarily help them if they take it. It's like if Simon had told Justin Guarini to cut his moppy wig, or if Vanessa Olivarez had went on a crash diet trying to slim down after he told her to. Would that have affected the audience's opinion of them that much? Seriously, Bo's worn some atrocious outfits, but I usually just laugh and still vote for him. To me, I would've probably voted for Corey regardless of what he was wearing or what his song choice was, b/c I liked his voice and stage presence. Those things you either have or you don't. No matter how much "special help" Paula gave him, if he couldn't sing none of it would have made any difference. I figured they all got help/advice anyway, whether it's from the judges or the voice coaches/stylists/whatever. It's up to them whether they take it or not, b/c it may not always be to their benefit.

I flipped by Donnie Deutch's show, and he was rehashing the Primetime interview with Corey, but he also asked him to take a lie detector test. Corey said ok, but that he'd rather do it if Paula would come in and take one too. During the commerical, his "people" apparently said no for him, or at least to hold off on it for now. I hope it does eventually happen, especially if she continues to deny it. But I really don't think Fox should fire her. It will be punishment enough, with everyone being suspicious from now on every time she praises a male contestant. And who knows...some people will probably like her more knowing she has a naughty side. Besides, I ignore her and Randy's comments anyway. It's just fun watching the "are you insane??" looks Simon gives her every time she heaps praise on some crappy singer. :D

TomOpus
05-07-05, 09:46 AM
I heard and read that there's a rumor Paula will appear on SNL tonight. If true, could be interesting to see what she'll do.

AeroStone
05-07-05, 05:17 PM
I do not like Corey Clark..dont like his looks..his ghetto hip hopism...his vocals..etc... but yet after that special, I believe Paula and him had a sexual relationship. I never let my judgement of looks and charactor get in the way of such overwhelming circumstancial and direct evidence as revealed on that Special..THAT was some WICKED TV! :jawdrop: -popcorn-

To quote the Great William Hung...

"She BANGS...she BANGS"!!!!!!!!!!!! :hump:

fujishig
05-12-05, 03:30 PM
I was watching part of Donnie Deutch's show, up to the commercial break when they were talking about the lie detector test... and I knew that his people wouldn't let him do it. No way. But then I changed the channel to Basketball and forgot all about it...

Not sure if this was brought up already... but if Randy or Simon did this with a female contestant, you can bet that they would've been off the show already.