Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Tomb Raider Legend (only click if your interested)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-03-05, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I know what your thinking. Not another Crappy TR game. But wait!! Unlike the last one, from what I've read and seen, this one is looking like a winner that just might bring the series back into the lime light. I am very excited that Crystal Dynamics is in charge and that Lara's creator Toby Gard is also on the team after leaving the series concluding the first game. Lara has a new look (and looks great by the way) and the game play from what I've seen is really going back to her roots with a few new additions. Most of her signiture moves are back. The camera is also not going to be stuck behind Lara this time which is good to see. There is a new Trailler for the game on the Game Informer site and if anyone would please post a link to it that would be great. I'm not sure how.(Hey, I'm an art teacher, not a computer Teacher) Anyone who was a fan of the first two games might find this trailler very interesting.

Link to Trailer

Last edited by DARTH GAMER; 05-03-05 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-03-05, 10:03 AM

I figured out how to put an image. (It's good to have students that know this sort of thing.)

Last edited by DARTH GAMER; 05-03-05 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-03-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lara got a breast reduction.
Old 05-03-05, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
She might actually be able to move around without that 52DDD chest. Like this look much better.
Old 05-03-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Lara is looking better than ever in those pics.The first TR is one of my favorite games of all-time,but i never could get all the way through any of the sequels (mainly due to them being too long).May give the new game a shot once it hits.

Edit: after watching the trailer,this game is now a must-buy.

Last edited by Maxflier; 05-03-05 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-03-05, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm hopeful they'll finally get another Tomb Raider as good as TRII... but I'm not holding my breath (obviously).

I'm currently playing through Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, and although it's a little frustrating in parts, I was reminded of how cool the Tomb Raider games were; and how fun a decent update could be. Hope this one works out!

PS - Looks like she ran her clothes too long in the dryer - those shorts are riding up her arse crack! Ridiculous...
Old 05-03-05, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

shock! that trailer actually looks not totally pathetic. with the new developers, the game might even be ok.
Old 05-03-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gideon68
Lara got a breast reduction.
...and a knee reduction, too. Her athletic, rugged personality doesn't comport with this twiggy mode. Tomb Raider 6, starring Mary-Kate Olsen...
Originally Posted by Maxflier
The first TR is one of my favorite games of all-time,but i never could get all the way through any of the sequels (mainly due to them being too long).
I loved Tomb Raider; played through it at least twice. But all the things I loved about it - the haunting, decrepit atmosphere; the eerie tombs and secret passages; the neat puzzles - were completely missing from all of the sequels. If I want to gun down soldiers on an enemy submarine, I'll play James Bond. If I want to screw around on a moped in Italy, I'll play Gran Turismo or something. Eidos effectively wrecked the franchise with this horrid "mission slip."

So I'm eager to see a genuine Tomb Raider sequel. Maybe this one could involve - gasp! - raiding tombs.

- David Stein
Old 05-05-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
I never played the last one. Was it ever explained how she came back from the dead?
Old 05-05-05, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rennervision
I never played the last one. Was it ever explained how she came back from the dead?
She DIED?

(I never played the last 4)
Old 05-05-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cheapskate
She DIED?

Spoiler:
She died at the end of "The Last Revelation." Then there was "Chronicles" which was a series of flashbacks as her friends attended her funeral and reminisced. Then she mysteriously returned in the despised "Angel of Darkness."
Old 05-05-05, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rennervision
Spoiler:
She died at the end of "The Last Revelation." Then there was "Chronicles" which was a series of flashbacks as her friends attended her funeral and reminisced. Then she mysteriously returned in the despised "Angel of Darkness."
Oh! That's right - I remember reading about that. I believe you took control of "little Lara" and raided tombs... looked pretty LAME. Also made you feel like a dirty peadophile I'm sure...
Old 05-05-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cheapskate
Oh! That's right - I remember reading about that. I believe you took control of "little Lara" and raided tombs... looked pretty LAME. Also made you feel like a dirty peadophile I'm sure...
Yeah, but my seven-year-old daughter loved it. She thought the game designers had her in mind when they created it.
Old 03-13-06, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
So, any news regarding this game? I am by no means a fan of the series but I remember my cousing had been bugging me about how great she thinks this new game will be.
Old 03-13-06, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DARTH GAMER
Sold!

Old 03-13-06, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Old 03-14-06, 06:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PSM magazine actually gave this game an 8.5 and said it is absolutely great and a good return to form for the series.
Old 03-14-06, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm very interested in this game. I haven't paid much attention to a TR game since the second one. My wife really enjoyed the first two and bought them for the PC ages ago. I'd love to buy a game that she would play as well.
Old 03-14-06, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will this be available on the 360? If so, I'm in.
Old 03-14-06, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts
Yeah, it should be out on 360 at the same time as all other systems.