Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

"Dolby," "DTS," "THX," and other Hi-Res Logos for plaques - and NOW SHOWING stands

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

"Dolby," "DTS," "THX," and other Hi-Res Logos for plaques - and NOW SHOWING stands

Old 04-29-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

A little over a year ago there was a post about where to find Hi-res pics of the abovementioned logos to print for homemade signs. There were some great submissions, but all of the links are bad. I was hoping to revive the topic by asking that people submit pics of their homemade theater plaques, signs, etc -- also, it would help greatly if some people could upload, post, or give links to places where these logos could be obtained. DTS, DOLBY, THX, DVD and any other related logos would be cool...

Also, i know of a lot of people who make their own "Now Showing" stands for their currently playing DVD's -- your logos, ideas, and pictures on the construction of those would be nice as well....

I am particularly looking for a "DVD" Logo to make a plaque out of....

I hope this thread is useful!

Later,

Matt
Old 04-29-05, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know alot of people have printed there own. I ordered the one from DTS a coupld years ago, and waited a couple months to get it. I have also printed my own with my theater name in it for my new theater (not in the pics yet as I have just moved).
Old 04-30-05, 05:14 AM

Here's a link that I bought 2 signs from

http://stores.ebay.com/Jims-audio-signs-and-more

I have a DTS: ES engraved and a Yamaha,very good quality with fast shipping. Send him an email if theres something you want thats not posted.He had other brands thats not listed when I bought mine. I'll try and get some pics of mine
Old 04-30-05, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Here is one place to start

http://www.stargatecinema.com/cart/customer/home.php

I have purchased several things from Stargate and been very pleased.
Old 04-30-05, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been looking at all these for a couple years, now. Still haven't a single sign. What do people think? Are the aluminum ones (Stargate or other places) worth 2-10 times more money than plastic or other cheaper signs?

www.showcase-signs.com is another place. They use heavy acrylic, probably at least as solid as the aluminum ones. I gotta try somebody....

Last edited by Spiky; 04-30-05 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-30-05, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 409 Likes on 354 Posts
Someone over at AVS posted a download for where you can print and make your own. Think I might try it.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0&pagenumber=3
Old 04-30-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by NotoriousDRE

I have a DTS: ES engraved and a Yamaha,very good quality with fast shipping. Send him an email if theres something you want thats not posted.He had other brands thats not listed when I bought mine. I'll try and get some pics of mine
They had both Celestion and KEF! Rare! I ordered a Celestion one since that is what I'm using in my media room. $6.00 shipping a little high, but didn't want to get any others right now.

Thanks for the post!
Old 05-01-05, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hello...

Thanks -- those are great logos -- HOWEVER, i still cannot seem to find a i-res version of the traditional "DVD" logo...
Old 05-01-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by KillerQ
Hello...

Thanks -- those are great logos -- HOWEVER, i still cannot seem to find a i-res version of the traditional "DVD" logo...
Don't know anything about this site, or if this is what you are looking for but they have 2 DVD logo's that appear available for download. To be honest, I didn't even see they were free so read everything before you do it (if that is what you are looking for).

http://web.brandsoftheworld.com/sear...brand_id=10446
Old 05-01-05, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea,

I saw those too -- but they are not hi-res.....
Old 05-01-05, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

OK, sorry, I tried...now I'm fresh out of ideas.....tho my wife would argue I never have any good ones anyway....
Old 05-02-05, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerQ
Yea,

I saw those too -- but they are not hi-res.....
That is the highest resolution you can get. There is nothing better than an .eps, which is what brandsoftheworld hosts. You can take an .eps and make it an inch tall or 100' tall and it will look identical. The same cannot be said for a .jpg, .tif, or any other rastor based image.
Old 05-02-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How do you change an EPS file into somethign else, or what do you use to view and print EPS files?
Old 05-02-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hello...

Weird -- I downloaded the image -- and it opened up in Photoshop. As soon as i tried to enlarge the picture at all, it pixilated terribly... I downloaded it properly as well -- not just copy and paste...

Matt
Old 05-02-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When I opened it in PS7, it asked me to pick a size, then it created a rasterized copy. It doesn't seem to matter what size I pick, they all look perfect, just like Michael said. I think you are enlarging with the wrong tool.
Old 05-02-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Once you rastorize it that is that. You can't go bigger or it will distort.

.eps is used in Illustrator, Freehand, Corel Draw, and many other programs. It is a "vector" image. Meaning the image is composed of lines and points. A rastor image is composed of pixels that contain color.

If you don't have access to the programs above, do what Spiky said. Pick your size when you open it. After you click "OK" it is sizes and then converts it to a rastor based image. If you try and size it up AFTER cliking "OK" it will distort.
Old 05-05-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sdallnct
Someone over at AVS posted a download for where you can print and make your own. Think I might try it.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0&pagenumber=3
I downloaded these and put one on a CD and took over to Target and just used the Kodak machine for an 8X10. I thought it came out great.

Now I'm playing with it in Paint to put my theater name it. Found some cheap document frames on sale for like $2.00 each with real glass. What a great way to do it on the cheap!

Anyone know if there are any free ware programs that work with .eps? I tried to down load one, but doesn't look like I got any software to open it.
Old 05-09-05, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by NotoriousDRE

How did your transactions go? Did the guy ever e-mail you and how long did it take you to get your signs?

I ordered and paid vis pay-pal on the 30th and have heard nothing. I have e-mailed them twice for them to advise me a status (both were nice e-mails, just asking them how long it generally takes, etc).

I have received a receipt from pay-pal so I know all is ok with that. Was only $20.00 but just wondering...

edit: never mind. the guy e-mailed me and stated he was moving or somthing and my sign should be on the way....

Last edited by Sdallnct; 05-10-05 at 11:45 AM.