Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Post Pics of your HT & Movie Memorabilia Collection, Part 1

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-05, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In response to this thread being overun with action figure & movie memorabilia pictures and discussion near the end, and at the request of several members, I proudly present:

The Post Pics of your HT & Movie Memorabilia Collection Thread

Post up any pics of your HT that showcases the Movie Memorabilia you have collected. For instance, action figures, busts, posters, models, standups, tanks, etc.

And so it begins:

Heres Part of My Collection:

First, My Star Wars Memorabilia:

And the 18" Edward Scissorhands calmly watches over it all:
Old 04-28-05, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Enderwiggin -

Nice collection - I wasn't aware these figures existed until the HT pic thread - I only really ever sought out the Simpsons figures, which I opened, but because of space concerns, now have boxed up. Anywho, is the stormtrooper's helmet removable? If so, whose face is underneath?

cheers,

-the Jesus
Old 04-28-05, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by cupcake jesus
Enderwiggin -

Nice collection - I wasn't aware these figures existed until the HT pic thread - I only really ever sought out the Simpsons figures, which I opened, but because of space concerns, now have boxed up. Anywho, is the stormtrooper's helmet removable? If so, whose face is underneath?
Thanks! Started this collection about 3 months ago. Its the Star Wars Unleashed line. The stormtrooper's helmet is not detachable though.

Kotobukiya, a Japanese toy co., makes a bunch of cool Star Wars statues and minibusts, and they have a Stormtrooper model that has Luke's face underneath. They are a bit pricey though. Thats the company that makes the 13" Vader that you see on the floor in the first pic.

Heres a link to some of the Star Wars stuff they make
Old 04-28-05, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Nice collection!

One note this thread should be over DVD & Home Theater Gear since it no longer has anything to do with dvds.
Old 04-28-05, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Big Worms
Nice collection!

One note this thread should be over DVD & Home Theater Gear since it no longer has anything to do with dvds.

Thanks.
Personally, I would like to see the thread stay in here, since the DVD Talk forum is the most visited and Memorabilia doesnt really fit in with Home theater "Gear". Most of the topics in there are HT hardware, electronics related. BUt, it's not my call.
Old 04-28-05, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have more but they aren't on display.

Last edited by garyb; 04-28-05 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-28-05, 10:23 AM

Nice Banner for LOTR! Where did you find that?
Old 04-28-05, 10:24 AM

that LOTR poster is extremely cool. where'd you find it?
Old 04-28-05, 10:32 AM

That's definitely my favorite poster/banner I own. I was a projectionist for a couple years

I'll try to get some pics of the others.
Old 04-28-05, 11:10 AM

excellent SW unleashed collection, enderwiggin.

i have several of those myself, also set up over my DVDs and games. i'll try to get a picture up sometime today.
Old 04-28-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
I only go for lenticular posters (lenticular being the changing image things). Although I have since gotten others (more current), these are the four that I had framed and are hangin' int the HT Room

Old 04-28-05, 03:21 PM

as promised, here are some pics of my DVD/figure collection

i got a bunch of these on Ebay just recently for a steal. some, like Han Solo, Chewie, and Darth Maul go for upwards of $50 or more. Bobba Fett is approaching $100. i got them all for $100.

i just received General Grevious yesterday, which is why he's still in the box. i'm hoping to receive another figure of Yoda and Darth Sidious in a couple days.

of course, the dog had to make an appearance. what a ham. =)
Old 04-28-05, 03:34 PM

Somebody messed up letting all those go for only $100. Boba Fett alone is almost worth that!

Nice Collection though!
Old 04-28-05, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yoda and Sidious isn't coming out for a while. I've had it pre-ordered from amazon since April 7th and they claim the release date is April 15th. I'm still waiting. Rumor has it the release date is June 20th for the new wave.
Old 04-28-05, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by danicus007
Yoda and Sidious isn't coming out for a while. I've had it pre-ordered from amazon since April 7th and they claim the release date is April 15th. I'm still waiting. Rumor has it the release date is June 20th for the new wave.
amazon says May 2nd for shipment for me. i preordered it a couple weeks ago. i think it's just got a limited production run, similar to the previous Yoda figure, so it's in pretty high demand by retailers and consumers alike.
Old 04-28-05, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Grabastic
amazon says May 2nd for shipment for me. i preordered it a couple weeks ago. i think it's just got a limited production run, similar to the previous Yoda figure, so it's in pretty high demand by retailers and consumers alike.
I wouldn't bet on that. The current ROTS wave has a much larger production run than previous unleashed figs. My ship estimate from amazon still shows April 18th - 20th and today is the 28th, so I'm not too confident these are going to show up at our door any time soon.
Old 04-28-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Don't believe the hype. None of the RotS toys are or will be rare, Unleashed included. Amazon was wrong on this and other items as well. These will hit just before the film, or just after. Be patient and don't give in to scalpers.
Old 04-28-05, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts
Here is my dvd area. I recently reduced my dvd collection to the bare minimum and have slowly whittled it down to around 150 discs. This helps me make room for my displays!

Having a kid, Netflix, an Xbox, and a pool table...I hardly have time to watch all my discs that I bought so I just got rid of most of my collection.

Surprisingly all of the figures I have bought have been on sale at drastically reduced prices (Suncoast & Sam Goody are the best at this). It is really how I aquired so many b/c they could be bought for so cheap. I did not think you were wanting pics of the HT set-up so I left that room out of it for the moment. I may posts those in the other thread for that.

I have a good many posters and I move them around (which explains the inexplicable reason why my Somerwhere In Time poster is behind all of my Kiss stuff!

The leather brown edge you see in the photos is the covered pool table.

My Beatles section...

My Kiss shrine (as my Dad calls it). I told him that this is what happens when you don't let your kid listen to what he wants.

Last edited by Spiderbite; 04-28-05 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-28-05, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Spider-man/Green Goblin figure was the only thing I paid full price for in the store b/c when I saw it, I had to have it.

I actually have all of my Star Wars Kenner action figures I owned as a kid but just don't have the room to display them all. They are roasting in my attic as we speak. I have every figure ever released except for the limited (taller?) version of Snaggletooth and the Europe only Yak-Face.

The G.I. Joe dudes are replicas of the soldiers for D-Day for Normandy & one for Omaha. My wife's grandfather was on the beaches of Omaha on D-Day (and is still living...god you ought to hear his stories!) so the one on the left is named Oscar for him.

I will post pix of my posters if there is anyone who wants to see them.

Last edited by Spiderbite; 04-28-05 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-28-05, 07:49 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 909 Likes on 769 Posts
my very small, but i like it collection...

Old 04-28-05, 07:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since it's MOVIE memorabilia it's probably best for the MOVIE forum
Old 04-28-05, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

brianluvdvd you have an awesome set up.
Old 04-28-05, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

as promised, here are some pics of my DVD/figure collection

Whoa...I like the Vader ESB Unleashed figure! Why haven't I seen that one?

And thanks Ryo!

Last edited by Spiderbite; 04-29-05 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-28-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That Vader Unleashed figure is one of the more expensive ones on eBay.

Your Kiss shrine needs the Love Gun figure set. Have you see that one yet?
Old 04-29-05, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by RichardW
That Vader Unleashed figure is one of the more expensive ones on eBay.
yeah, i got that one pretty cheap as well. i try to buy the ones already out of their packaging, as they're less expensive and i can have them out and look at them. leaving them in their boxes so they stay mint is kind of silly to me. i mean, it's fine if you're buying them purely as an investment, but if you genuinely enjoy having them, as i do, then it's better to take them out and display them as they were meant to be displayed, IMO.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.