Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Veronica Mars - Who killed Lily Kane? Who raped Veronica? -SPOILERS!-

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who killed Lily Kane?
Jake Kane
0%
Duncan Jane
0%
Celeste Kane
0%
Abel Koontz
0%
Logan Echolls
0%
Lianne Mars
100.00%
Keith Mars
0%
Eli 'Weevil'
0%
Clarence Whedmon
0%
Other
0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Veronica Mars - Who killed Lily Kane? Who raped Veronica? -SPOILERS!-

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-05, 12:46 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Veronica Mars - Who killed Lily Kane/Who raped Veronica? You're Thoughts/Ideas!

Alright everyone. We have a total of 3 episodes left. Next weeks episode (May 3rd) deals with who rapes Veronica a year earlier. After that, on May 10th, we have who killed Lily Kane. Now, this thread may have spoilers. Please leave now if you don't wish to read them. Also, is Veronica really Keith's Daughter, or Jake Kanes?

Who killed Lily Kane?
SUSPECTS:
Duncan Kane
Jake Kane
Celest Kane
Logan Echol
Keith Mars
Lianne Mars
Veronica Mars
Eli 'Weevil' Navaro
Any other suspects? Please feel free to suggest any.

Alright, lets get discussions going. Feel free to post any questions/theories you may have.

Last edited by Gizmo; 04-26-05 at 03:22 AM.
Old 04-26-05, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that Veronica is going to be Keith's daughter.

For the murderer, I am going with Celeste. I think that she thought that her daughter was Veronica and killed her, since she knows about her husband and Lianne, and she thinks (knows?) that Jake is her father. She didn't want Veronica to have any access to the family fortune.

For the rapist, I can't really go with Logan. With the budding romance, I can't really see the show making one of its more popular characters a rapist. Is Brad from Home Improvement still on this? Was he on this or am I getting confused with another show? If he was on this, I'll go with him. He is a secondary character that we know that would not mean anything if he was taken away. He's my choice for the rapist.

Those are my guesses anyway. Can't wait to find out what actually happened though.
Old 04-26-05, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm thinking that the rapist and murderer are one and the same, for the simple reason that the show won't get rid of two characters at once like that. Heap all the evil on one.

That said, I won't be back in this thread until the season is over. I don't want to read speculation and come across a real spoiler.
Old 04-26-05, 10:47 AM
Suspended

I agree with it maybe being 1 character for both events, considering it was unknown when filiming if VM would be picked up for season 2, which is did. So, if for instance Eli turned out to be the killer, well, he would be 'off' the show, but it wouldn't have continued to a second season anyway. So now, Im questioning things. I have to run to a job interview, but my two canidates for killing Lily is Lianne Mars, and Meg.
Old 04-26-05, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I think that the rapist and the killer are two different characters. They are going to have one episode that reveals the rapist and then the season finale revealing the killer. I think the only people who are safe from being suspects are Veronica, Keith, Wallace and Mac. I really have no clue who the rapist and the killer are. This will be my only post in here until the season finale. I will see you all in this week's episode thread whenever I get home and watch the tape this weekend.
Old 04-26-05, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Idea who the killer is, it basically can be anyone except Wallace and Veronica. For the rapist, I think Logan is somehow involved, but did not rape Veronica himself. If he was the rapist, it would basically destroy any chance of them ever even talking again, where as if he was involved in some wierd way, it is possible she could forgive him over time.
Old 04-26-05, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really have no idea who the rapist or killer is, but I have a feeling we are heading for an extremely dark ending ala Buffy Season 2 where no one ends up happy.
Old 04-26-05, 10:28 PM

Don't know why, but how about Logan's father as the killer???

Went over there to confront his son's girlfriend about something, or hell, he may have even had something going on with her, they've shown in the past that he's a womanizer. They've also shown him to be a violent person. And he's made appearances the last few episodes.

As for the rapist, after tonight's episode the only thing I'm willing to bet on is that it isn't Logan.
Old 04-26-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Logan has a lot of explaining to Veronica why he was giving out those date rape drugs.
Old 04-26-05, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can't believe Carmen was the teacher on Boston Public last season, and now a junior at Neptune High in this episode.

So the whirlwind romance between Veronica and Logan comes crashing down, but I also think Logan only had GHB, but wasn't the guy who used it on Veronica.
Old 04-27-05, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jcheckel
Don't know why, but how about Logan's father as the killer???
Or the rapist? He seemed very friendly with Veronica.
Old 04-27-05, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is Wallace the only person who's not a suspect? I can't remember if Wallace wasn't moved to the area until the start of the school year (2004), which would make him not a suspect. But he is the one that no one would ever suspect (but also the most implausible as well).
Old 04-27-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Or [Logan's father as] the rapist? He seemed very friendly with Veronica.
I find it difficult to believe that if Aaron had raped Veronica, and especially since he is aware of her detective abilities, he'd be encouraging her and Logan in their relationship. He wouldn't want her hanging around.
Old 04-27-05, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
I really have no idea who the rapist or killer is, but I have a feeling we are heading for an extremely dark ending ala Buffy Season 2 where no one ends up happy.
Yeah, I agree with that. It's going to be hard for Veronica to continue dating Logan even if he didn't rape her since he provided the drugs to people.
Old 04-27-05, 08:37 PM

I think the rapist is that Dick Casablancas dude. He has been in quite a few episodes, but always in the background.
Old 05-01-05, 07:35 PM

Okay...it cannot be Logan..I'm totaly in love with him and Veronica together...they are soo perfect together...Can someone PLEASE answer this question...i really really really wanna know... ( i missed a few episodes )
**** Does Logan know that Veronica was raped?
Old 05-02-05, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am pretty sure that no one knows that Veronica was date-raped, including Logan. The only people that know about it are her and the rapist, I think.
Old 05-05-05, 01:57 AM
Suspended

Bump for next weeks episode....
Old 05-05-05, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have no idea who killed Lily. I think it would be interesting if Lianne was the killer though.
Old 05-05-05, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My thoughts:

The killer is Duncan's new girlfriend or Duncan's mother. I am leaning towards the new girlfriend. I think that she has wanted Duncan all along and tried to kill Veronica to free him up to date her. Unfortunately, she got the wrong blonde.

Although in the previews for next week, it seemed to me that the person that she was talking to on the beach ("so you are the one that wants me dead" or something similar) was bigger than she was. Maybe a man?

I can't see her and Duncan being siblings.

How screwed up is Duncan to think that Veronica is his sister and still do her?

Logan is not out of the woods yet - there is something disturbing about him. I don't think that he has done anything too bad yet, but he has the potential.

Lianne and Keith won't be getting back together. Not if Keith has any sense anyway.

Spoilers for the last episode:

Spoiler:
Rumour has it that there will be an explosion. If so, I expect either Lianne or Wallace's mom/Keith's girlfriend to die. That would set up the mystery for next season.
Old 05-05-05, 09:08 AM
Suspended

Movieking, I agree 100% with you're two suspects. I beleived all along it was either Lianne Mars, or Meg. Meg is becoming to prominent on the show, therefor more like a subject. Apparently there is an explosion and
Spoiler:
Keith
is hurt, however, at the end Veronica says the person that should be there when
Spoiler:
Keith
wakes up is someone special
Spoiler:
Wallaces Mom, now that Lianne/Meg is arrested for killing Lily
. Just my thoughts...
Old 06-09-06, 12:45 AM

wow!! i just finished watchign the season finale.. pretty big twist..

i dont think anyone expected the rape and murder to turn out this way.. GREAT WRITING!!

the rape plot was awesome
Old 06-09-06, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chauzer
the rape plot was awesome
Isn't that something you can say about pretty much any show though? I especially liked the Friends episode "The One with the Rape".
Old 06-09-06, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the spoiler in the post title.

How about next time:

Poll: Veronica Mars Speculation: SPOILERS

Not everyone can watch the aired version and must wait for the DVDs. But who cares about those people, right?
Old 06-09-06, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Phod
Thanks for the spoiler in the post title.

How about next time:

Poll: Veronica Mars Speculation: SPOILERS

Not everyone can watch the aired version and must wait for the DVDs. But who cares about those people, right?
Are you serious? This is from the first season, 2 years ago. The DVDs have been out forever.

Not to mention that BOTH plot points in the title are introduced in the pilot episode, none of them are spoilers.

birrman54

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.