Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Is there a bathroom cleaner that can dissolve hair?

DonnachaOne
04-25-05, 05:54 PM
Long shot in asking this, but one thing I really can't stand about cleaning the bathroom is the abundance of random hairs I'll find around the sink and shower. They're always hard to clean up.

Is there any bathroom cleaner that will simply dissolve hair?

al_bundy
04-25-05, 05:56 PM
are you my wife and secretly joined the forum without me knowing?

gilbertr76
04-25-05, 05:59 PM
Nair?

DonnachaOne
04-25-05, 06:01 PM
Nair just makes hair fall out, not dissolve it, right?

Bacon
04-25-05, 06:05 PM
don't bathe , problem solved

:p

kvrdave
04-25-05, 06:06 PM
I don't know of any, but I can probably lend you my marriage license. But it is pretty powerful stuff.

mikehunt
04-25-05, 06:10 PM
probably not disolve it quickly enough to be worth it, unless it's a super concentrated acid or base. and if it's that concentrated I wouldn't want it anywhere near me

Kittydreamer
04-25-05, 06:17 PM
I don't know of any, but I can probably lend you my marriage license. But it is pretty powerful stuff.

rotfl rotfl rotfl

Ranger
04-25-05, 06:29 PM
drano?

You could try going to a hardware store like home depot or lowe, and they might have some industrial strength stuff there.

devilshalo
04-25-05, 07:46 PM
Lye.

Numanoid
04-25-05, 07:49 PM
rotfl rotfl rotflWhy don't you two get a room?

Trigger
04-25-05, 07:52 PM
I pulled a hunk of drain hair out of the tub that was thick as a gym class rope and like 2 and a half feet long... I gagged as I pulled it out and then gagged every time I looked at it. It was traumatic. It was also kinda scary after watching so many asian horror films... Guess I won't have to deal with that anymore though now that I'm single again.

bwvanh114
04-25-05, 07:56 PM
Lye.I think that's how Dalvin got started... He asked if there are any solutions to getting hair out of the drain and someone told him: lye.

Kittydreamer
04-25-05, 08:02 PM
Why don't you two get a room?

Sorry, if you only knew what my husband's head looked like, you'd understand why this is so funny to me. I'll try not to laugh at kvrdave anymore today. :p

skiblet
04-25-05, 09:47 PM
I pulled a hunk of drain hair out of the tub that was thick as a gym class rope and like 2 and a half feet long... I gagged as I pulled it out and then gagged every time I looked at it. It was traumatic. It was also kinda scary after watching so many asian horror films... Guess I won't have to deal with that anymore though now that I'm single again.

I threw up, and then dry heaved after reading this post.

Giantrobo
04-25-05, 10:01 PM
I don't know if there's anythin for the surfaces but for the drain you should pour a couple cups of bleach down each month. Just pour the bleach, don't run water for 30 minutes or more, then flush it with water. Bleach dissolves most gunk including hairs.

SFranke
04-25-05, 10:07 PM
Fire.

Chaos
04-25-05, 11:07 PM
oh! great little invention I found (can't remember where tho); it's a flat piece of plastic, about a foot long with plastic serrated edges on each side of it, you stick it down your drain and when you pull it up, all the hair that was down your drain comes up stuck to the serrated edges - unclogs my tub drain in just 1-2 tries, really a great little invnetion, looks to only cost about a buck or two.

kvrdave
04-25-05, 11:39 PM
I'll try not to laugh at kvrdave anymore today. :p

:grunt:

Pharoh
04-25-05, 11:43 PM

:hscratch:

Body hair also?

kvrdave
04-25-05, 11:46 PM

Body hair also?

No. :(

Joe Molotov
04-25-05, 11:57 PM

Body hair also?

For that, there's Nads.

sfsdfd
04-26-05, 12:17 AM
I pulled a hunk of drain hair out of the tub that was thick as a gym class rope and like 2 and a half feet long... I gagged as I pulled it out and then gagged every time I looked at it. It was traumatic.
Why? It's hair. If you ranked all of the biological products that you might conceivably pull out of your drain, hair would be the least disgusting one by a wide margin.

- David Stein

Mole177
04-26-05, 12:24 AM
The most effective way to take care of this is to use a snake.

Kittydreamer
04-26-05, 10:01 AM
:grunt:

Ok, it's no longer today so I can laugh at kvrdave again. rotfl

Cusm
04-26-05, 02:24 PM
I'll not laugh at kvrdave anymore today. :p

Now you can be like the rest of us. ;)

kvrdave
04-26-05, 03:00 PM
:lol:

STOOOOOPID!

adamblast
04-26-05, 03:07 PM
The most effective way to take care of this is to use a snake.That's an old wive's tale. Just like alligators in the sewers.

Cptkirk
04-26-05, 03:10 PM
pour some baking soda down the drain then flush with vinegar. I do not know if it dissolves hair, but it is fun to do. :)

majorjoe23
04-26-05, 08:32 PM
Just bury it with the rest of the body. Keeping "trophies" will only get you caught.

bwvanh114
04-26-05, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I'm looking for something that dissolves bone too. Someone recommended a pig farmer, but I don't have a buncha pigs.

The Cow
04-26-05, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I'm looking for something that dissolves bone too. Someone recommended a pig farmer, but I don't have a buncha pigs.
Dog.

whynotsmile
04-27-05, 12:57 AM
draino gel works miracles.

Atreus
04-27-05, 01:04 AM
draino gel works miracles.
It's true. A jug of Draino once cured my leprosy. :)

Trigger
04-27-05, 02:09 AM
Why? It's hair. If you ranked all of the biological products that you might conceivably pull out of your drain, hair would be the least disgusting one by a wide margin.

- David Stein
it's a clump of hair that had been acting as a water filter for all the water that passed through it down the drain... so anything that was on your body when you showered gets stuck in there, dirt from your feet, grease, mold, and whatever else (alot of people even pee in the shower). I even had given the cat a bath at one point. Dude, the bathtub drain is fucking gross. Long tangled hair clump is even grosser. Have you ever cleaned out the trap of your bathroom sink? Ever smell that shit? I'm gagging just thinking about it. Maybe you've never lived with a woman. All that makeup and oils and beauty products and shaving gel and facial cleanser and toothpaste and spit. Guh... Believe me - if it was just hair, I wouldn't have a problem... it was a wet clump of stinky moldy dirty sludge toxic waste hair.

Trigger
04-27-05, 04:27 PM
If you can't sack up and grab it then why not just borrow a pair of rubber gloves from a fellow wuss and wear them while cleaning your bathtub?

Another alternative might be to grow a set of testicles :beer:
Well, I was the one who pulled it out of the drain... didn't need rubber gloves. Perhaps I don't have balls as large as yours - like maybe you dive into the toilet with both hands after taking a dump and squish warm shit through your fingers. Must be cool being such a real man, poop fists. :D

Fok
04-27-05, 06:33 PM
Shave it all off