Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Cheapest Place to Rent Xbox Games - B&M Only Plz

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheapest Place to Rent Xbox Games - B&M Only Plz

Ok.. I have a membership to a couple video stores (Hollywood Video, Family Video, Iggle Video, and Blockbuster).

Family Video I can rent 2 games for one night for $5. I think that is a pretty good price. I don't, howerver, know the prices for the other stores. Hollywood Video is the closest, Blockbuster really isn't even an option, and FV is only about 10-15 minutes.

Anyone know the prcies of rentals at these other places?
Old 04-22-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you're looking to rent a game for more than a night, with Blockbuster's new "no late fees" gimmick you can keep a game out for a month for less than $10.

As a disclaimer, I've only rented this way once, and I'm still in the middle of the month, so I'm not sure how it'll work out for certain. Here's my understanding...

I rented DK Jungle Beat on a Friday for ~$7. The game was "due" the following Tuesday, but there is a grace period of 7 days where you can return the game without penalty. So you have about 12 days of renting for the initial rental price.

If you don't return the game in those 12 days, your credit card is charged for the price of the game minus the rental charges. I received a notification just yesterday, and I was charged ~$33 for the game. If you decide to return the game within 30 days of this time, they will refund the money less a restocking fee of $1.50. WARNING: the fine print of the notification I got mentions that you must take the game into the store along with your credit card, otherwise they will just add the credit to your Blockbuster account.

But if everything works as it seems, you'll rent a game for almost a month and a half for about eight dollars.
Old 04-23-05, 09:31 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
I recommend joining Blockbuster Online. For their $15 monthly fee, you'll get around a dozen movies each month by mail, plus a couple videogame rentals in store for free.
Old 04-24-05, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

it's pretty much $5-$6 anywhere you go, that's kind of a lot compared to what it used to be.

if you're lucky you might have a local shop (non bb or hollywood video) that still has reasonable prices, there's one by me thats pretty big, you can rent $3.25 for 3 nights. they're out there, it just takes some searching. but 2 for $5 isn't that bad.
Old 04-24-05, 05:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hollywood Video has a "game pass" thing, it's $20/mn for 1 out at a time. Depending upon how much you play and whether you play things out or just check them out you can go through quite a lot of title in a month.