Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Audioslave Live

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audioslave Live

Just saw Audioslave last night in Minneapolis at the Quest. Great show.

They played:

Spoonman
Outshined
Bulls on Parade
Killing in the Name of

Acoustic version of Black Hole Sun

They also played a few new songs from their new album.

The opening band was horrible.
Old 04-22-05, 08:30 AM

I've heard rumors they have played covers of ratm and soundgarden. Seems its true I've been looking for the live shows online but can;t find them.

I would really like to hear chris cornell sing these covers.
Old 04-22-05, 09:22 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's awesome. I saw them a couple years ago at Lollapallooza and they didn't do any SG or RATM stuff.
Old 04-22-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
now is Cornell singing the rage covers or attempting to rap? i sure hope they do a pavillion show this summer since the damn club show sold out in 10 minutes.
Old 04-22-05, 10:57 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure they'll do a full tour for the new album, probably be late summer through fall.
Old 04-22-05, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The new album apparently comes out in May, maybe they will include some kind of dual disc or limited edition DVD with the CD.
Old 04-22-05, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
now is Cornell singing the rage covers or attempting to rap? i sure hope they do a pavillion show this summer since the damn club show sold out in 10 minutes.
He didn't sing during bulls on parade but he was very good on the other songs. The acoustic Black Hole Sun was the best by far. Just him and his guitar. Amazing.
Old 04-23-05, 01:22 AM

It was a great show last night. I was there also. Great to have them open with "set it off." Now velvet revolver next thursday. what a week.
Old 04-25-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Holy shit...that sounds awesome... I'm seeing Audioslave tomorrow night and am now so excited I can hardly contain myself...seriously, I was pumped before, but now... DAMN!

MATT
Old 04-25-05, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by gross@iastate
He didn't sing during bulls on parade but he was very good on the other songs. The acoustic Black Hole Sun was the best by far. Just him and his guitar. Amazing.
I remember Chris doing this at a Soundgarden show as well. Black Hole Sun played clean on an electric. Good stuff.

You guys with tickets are lucky.
Old 04-27-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really hope Cornell was having a bad night, because he was TERRIBLE in toronto. He was off key half the time and barely audible...his voice sounded extremely strainded... now, the other guys did a great job...so it was a mixed bag...decent but not great... It was weird though, Cornell did a better job singing the Soundgarden stuff than he did anything else all night.... They played all the songs mentioned in post 1 as well as Sleep Now in The Fire...

MATT
Old 05-14-05, 11:06 AM
Registered

Just saw them last night. Fantastic show. The crowd was INSANELY into them! I REALLY enjoyed hearing all those Soundgarden classics. So nice to hear them live again after so many years. It was even more amazing to hear the Rage songs. The guys from Rage did a better job with the Soundgarden muisc than Cornell did with the Rage singing, but I enjoyed it none the less.

Looking forward to the release of their new album. But I am also going to go dust off my Rage collection. Hering those songs again reminded me just how amazing they were..
Old 05-14-05, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by gkleinman
Just saw them last night. Fantastic show. The crowd was INSANELY into them! I REALLY enjoyed hearing all those Soundgarden classics. So nice to hear them live again after so many years. It was even more amazing to hear the Rage songs. The guys from Rage did a better job with the Soundgarden muisc than Cornell did with the Rage singing, but I enjoyed it none the less.

Looking forward to the release of their new album. But I am also going to go dust off my Rage collection. Hering those songs again reminded me just how amazing they were..
geoff, if you haven't, you should check out live at the olympic (Rage). Great look at the band live, especially how good Morello really is.