Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice 04/21/05

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Apprentice 04/21/05

No thread on this yet, or did I miss it?

Bye Bye Bren!

Bren basically fell on his proverbial sword tonight. I don't think that he did it for his friendship with Alex, just because he really wanted to leave. You could tell in the boardroom that he had no fight in him, and just let Alex win.
Old 04-22-05, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeh...I agree. I just seemed to lose his fire for the competition. Too bad he got fired. I was hoping Tara would get the boot, just because she's annoying.

I htink Alex has no chance now. To perform the way he has the past few weeks this late in the game, has really hurt his chances. Their "packrat" product was simply horrible.

J
Old 04-22-05, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it was a pretty lousy idea. It would have been a lot better if they could have just the glass on the desk break off in two and have them both be able to slide open outward, like by having them bolted down on the lower left and right corner. That way, you wouldn't have to take off all the papers from the glass top if you wanted to get at the in and outbox - you would just have to slide whatever side of the partition you wanted open, leaving the papers there.
Old 04-22-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Tana is looking like the winner right now. I cannot see Alex or Craig winning this thing. Shocking that Craig has lasted this long, he is a very weak player.

Looks like we may have our first Woman Apprentice Winner
Old 04-22-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would love for Tana to win.
Old 04-22-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not going to happen. Trump has picked Alex to win. It was blatantly obvious tonight. Alex was PM and came up with the packrat (which wasn't 100% awful IMO) and didn't get fired?!

I hate tasks like this - one where they have to "invent" something in 48 hours - because what usually happens is that one group just takes something that exists and adds one feature and calls it "creative" while the other team goes out on a limb and tries to make something interesting but doesn't have enough time or resources to refine it.

Honestly, that "stackable" was almost as lame as Craigs' box.
Old 04-22-05, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Craig is a complete moron. What the hek was he doing in Staples while Tana & Kendra were asking customers questions? He was walking around like a little 5-year-old kid and looking inside the desks. He also treats Kendra like a 5-year-old kid which isn't right. I just don't think that he has the capacity to work in a team environment.
Old 04-22-05, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is it just me or does Alex have a eye blinking problem. He is blinking his eyes literally every second and its very distracting. He is just like Maria from The Apprentice 2 who also had a major blinking problem.

As for the winner, it will definately be between Tana and Kendra. I can't believe Craig has lasted this long. Is it because he is the token black guy? In all three seasons, there has always been a black man in the final four. Coincidence?
Old 04-22-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Token black guy...HA! Craig has just not been in the boardroom I think...

Bren was stronger, but was on the losing team at the wrong time.

We may have an all female final two!
Old 04-22-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by Dabaomb
Craig is a complete moron. What the hek was he doing in Staples while Tana & Kendra were asking customers questions? He was walking around like a little 5-year-old kid and looking inside the desks. He also treats Kendra like a 5-year-old kid which isn't right. I just don't think that he has the capacity to work in a team environment.
I think that was the result of some shifty editing by the people who put together this episode. Not that Craig is my favorite person on the show - but he just CAN'T be that big of an idiot.

I'd rather have Bren & Alex's desk in my office than that piece of junk plastic stackable the other three created. Take that Staples and Trump!
Old 04-22-05, 01:07 PM
Suspended

Considering that all 4 players are weak, I pick Kendra to win it all.

All the players in this season are so much weaker than the previous two. Booksmart vs. streetsmart?! yeah, whatever, they're all idiots.
Old 04-22-05, 01:25 PM

The spoilers say that the final two are:

Spoiler:
the two girls
. They've been right since Erin got fired.
Old 04-22-05, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
I thought the packrat idea was better then the stupid clutter box.

By the way, it even has it's own web site

http://www.staplesdeskapprentice.com/
Old 04-22-05, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Kendra
Old 04-22-05, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
$35

My fave part:

Alex - "I'd like to have the rights to sell that myself"
Donald - (something like) "You can have them"
Old 04-22-05, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It's not that bad of an idea but $35 is too expensive. I'm thinking more like $14.99 or something like that.

In regards to the book smarts ppl, they took far worse contestants than last year. The colleges are all average like Arizona State, Villanova, etc. There are no top 25 colleges (Ivy League colleges, Stanford, Duke, etc.)
Old 04-22-05, 06:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brain Stew

I hate tasks like this - one where they have to "invent" something in 48 hours - because what usually happens is that one group just takes something that exists and adds one feature and calls it "creative" while the other team goes out on a limb and tries to make something interesting but doesn't have enough time or resources to refine it.

Honestly, that "stackable" was almost as lame as Craigs' box.

If you watched the show they did exactly what the Staples group wanted and tole them to do which was find an everyday product and make it better not try to reinvent the desk.

The black man is getting on my nerves he is such an ass and needs to be stopped, get a life Greg!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-05, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GuessWho
"We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own."
Old 04-22-05, 07:03 PM

I do think it will be Tana and Kendra at the end and I am guessing Kendra will win. She sat in the background for about the first eight weeks but has really come out in the last couple. She designed the brochure that got used by the car company and she basically designed the Staples thing last night. I think she also showed strong ethics and leadership last week.

As much as I like Tana and wanted her to win early on, I think the "I'm going home and sleeping. You can work if you want" stunt with Craig was a REALLY bad move.
Old 04-22-05, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dabaomb

It is just a different way of attacking problems. You can see Craig has his way, which he also demonstrated in the design of the Home Depot box. He was not in this task just walking around like a kid looking at desks. I am certain he was designing in his head... what he wanted, what it should be. He is not one for team consensus on things... or one that looks for other's input. I can relate by the way.

Kendra on the other hand, has her own method of product development. Which is a very linear method. She latches onto an idea and will not let it go, expecting the team to bow to her demands of rightness. We saw this also in the brochure design for the car. She eventually made what she said she would at the beginning.. which was not something new, but a rehash of something she had done perviously...complete with rounded shape and CD pocket.

Those two development styles will never get along. A good manager would recognize that. These are not two stupid people. But they are two very different people with very different styles and require managing. Neither is well suited to being the manager.
Old 04-22-05, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Brain Stew
Not going to happen. Trump has picked Alex to win. It was blatantly obvious tonight. Alex was PM and came up with the packrat (which wasn't 100% awful IMO) and didn't get fired?!
Again Alex was very bad at managing and did not have to really answer for it. The golden boy continues to skate by.

I noted early in this episode that Bren was not his normal self. More pensive. Not really joking. Look back to the beginning of the show when Bren was all smiles and energetic. He looked beat. And he admitted to that after being fired. He was just plain tired. You could certainly see it in the boardroom... I felt like I watching a Survivor repeat from the hour before. Jeff..."Bren, don't you think you should lay down your torch and allow Golden Boy Alex to keep playing? Even if Alex messed up this task.... and even though you followed his instructions and the design was his fault... Bren... aren't you tired? Don't you just want this to end? Bren?"

In the end Jeff..er.. I mean Trump... gets to keep Alex. And putting Alex up against the other three.. he might come out ahead and all will be right in the Trump organization.
Old 04-22-05, 09:10 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Not that it hasn't been this way for weeks, but am I the only one that thinks this is a completely laughable 'final four'? I mean, you've got the gangsta MILF Tana. You've got Craig stumbling into winning ideas somehow but other wise seemingly out of it (like Forrest Gump?). You've got whiny bratty Kendra who only contributes anything useful when it's her idea. And you've got Alex, who on paper seemed the best choice... if you ignore the last 5 weeks or so when he's lost everything.
Old 04-22-05, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is it just me or does anybody think Craig needs to be slapped. He treats everyone with zero respect and he's done absolutely nothing. His box idea was lucky at best. This time, when they were talking about using stackables, he kept interrupting and sayin IM NOT SEEING A CONCEPT BEING FORMED...that's what talking is for moron. I just wanted him to go.

Is this the weakest applicant pool ever or what? Was there anyone as mentally undeveloped as Craig in the final 4 in the previous seasons? Can you see Craig competing against ANY of the 4 in the last season? ALso, notice he makes up words when he talks. I didn't tivo it, but someone should check. I think throughout the episode, he used 3 or 4 words that i know do not exist in the English language.
Old 04-22-05, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Remember the crazy business interviews that happens when it gets down to the final four. If you don't know business theory, principles, etc, you'll get spit out.
Old 04-23-05, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Remember the crazy business interviews that happens when it gets down to the final four. If you don't know business theory, principles, etc, you'll get spit out.
Yah, i don't think craig knows his ass from his asscrack. he'll get chewed up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.