Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fox to not air 6th and final Tru Calling Episode

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-05, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fox to not air 6th and final Tru Calling Episode

Saw this in today's paper and figured it would be of use to those who haven't seen all of Season 2 via "other" means.

"As if Tru Calling fans haven't suffered enough at the hands of Fox, the network has decided to pull the serial thriller starring Eliza Dushku off the air after tonight's episode, reports TV Guide Online - effectively cheating them out of seeing the show's sixth and final original installment. Fox is replacing next week's Tru finale with The Simple Life:Interns. There's a joke in there somewhere."
Old 04-21-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Obviously someone at the O.C. didn't get the memo as it had a teaser at the end to stay tuned for Tru Calling tonight.
Old 04-21-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
We got that news three days ago:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418468
Old 04-21-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Patman
Obviously someone at the O.C. didn't get the memo as it had a teaser at the end to stay tuned for Tru Calling tonight.
It was on tonight. It's next week's episode that has been pulled.
Old 04-21-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks movielib. As it was buried in the previous thread, I missed it.

BTW Patman....as stated above, "after tonight's episode".
Old 04-21-05, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ah, sorry, since I've seen them all, I've lost track of which episode was being shown.
Old 04-21-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This sucks. I was wondering why there was no preview of next week's episode.

Cue the Charlie Brown music.
Old 04-21-05, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's just a cheap tactic to sell the DVD.
Old 04-22-05, 02:27 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Puzznic
Exactly what I was going to say
"See the final episode of Tru Calling...on DVD!"
Old 04-22-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Exactly. Now they'll be able to claim it has an "Unseen" episode.
Old 04-22-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

A S2 DVD release? I think not.

Ask Boomtown fans about S2 DVDs.
Old 04-22-05, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Dog
A S2 DVD release? I think not.
That would be one final way to screw the show and its fans.
Old 04-22-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally Posted by movielib
That would be one final way to screw the show and its fans.
Maybe instead of releasing season two to DVD, they'll issue "Tru Calling: The Complete Series" with season one and the fragment of season two, so everyone who wants it will have to repurchase the first season.

If they really want to screw the fans...
Old 04-22-05, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is it beyond naive to hope that by not airing the final episode yet that means they might have reconsidered cancelling it? After all, Family Guy (yay!) is finally coming back. They could be waiting for more eps to be done, or maybe they're just waiting for dvd (at LEAST give us this!) or waiting for may sweeps to end before airing it?
Old 04-22-05, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by WarriorPrincess
Is it beyond naive.... to hope that by not airing the final episode yet that means they might have reconsidered cancelling it?

I think it is way way beyond naive. It is dead. Move on.

As far as the 6th episode, maybe you will see it after sweeps.

The Family Guy comparison is way off the mark. Family Guy is the type of show that is well-served for re-runs and as such CN did well with it - so much that FOX decided to bring it back. Tru Calling is completely different kind of show, and with only 20-something total eps, I doubt you will ever see it rebroadcast on cable.
Old 04-22-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now I have no idea how well Tru has done on dvd, but I thought that it was dvd sales of Family Guy that brought it back from the dead, not cartoon network ratings. Incorrect? You know it's funny, I actually had moved on from hoping Tru would come back, but then they went and showed me more episodes, thus getting me hooked again. Bottom line is you never know what Fox will do; the decision to air the second season of TC after its cancellation shows that once again, Fox is a wildcard.
Old 04-22-05, 01:18 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I think its a 2% chance Tru will ever have a new episode. Not only would they have the bring the entire cast back, which was let go 7-8 months ago, but rebuild sets. Now, Firefly did come back, as a movie, but that's it. Family Guy is a cartoon. There are really only a handful of actors that voice the characters, and no set to rebuild.
Old 04-22-05, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Fox (again)
Old 04-22-05, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by WarriorPrincess
Now I have no idea how well Tru has done on dvd, but I thought that it was dvd sales of Family Guy that brought it back from the dead, not cartoon network ratings. Incorrect? You know it's funny, I actually had moved on from hoping Tru would come back, but then they went and showed me more episodes, thus getting me hooked again. Bottom line is you never know what Fox will do; the decision to air the second season of TC after its cancellation shows that once again, Fox is a wildcard.
Yeah. The DVD sales is what started the ball rolling..

And...don't give FOX any credit. I'm guessing they didn't have enough time to put together any shitty reality series or "When Crazed Paris Hilton Attacks America's Funniest Animals" shows. Plain and simple, they paid for these shows, they burned 'em off. Too bad the asshats don't know how to read a calendar, otherwise they'd know they had a show they already pissed on scheduled for the all important sweeps period.

So, FOX isn't a wildcard. They're a bunch of assholes.

[Minus Jack]
Old 04-22-05, 02:30 PM

Crap. So for those of us who don't use the 'other methods', is the 6th episode worth spending the time to figure out how to see it in the first place? Or is it just better to have someone post a spoilerized text summary of it?
Old 04-22-05, 03:00 PM

Actuallly saw the final episode of Tru Calling last night (friend had a copy from a British tv station)...IT BLEW!!! They did not end off the show with anything but a bunch of open ended questions!!! There was no closure to the all the show's "secret relationships" or why her father is trying to keep her from saving these people through Jack....NOTHING!!!!!

If Fox is going to introduce shows to us, isn't it their responsibility to give us some closure if they decide to cancel them??? We invest our time in these shows. What if ABC did this with Lost??? They go two seasons into it and leave every one of the 1,000 questions we have about the show...well....up in the air, never to be finalized.

It's frustrating to say the least.

Anyway...for all of you that are disappointed they did not see the series finale...don't feel too bad...you'll just get more angry.
Old 04-22-05, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by jerkfacemike
Actuallly saw the final episode of Tru Calling last night (friend had a copy from a British tv station)...IT BLEW!!! They did not end off the show with anything but a bunch of open ended questions!!! There was no closure to the all the show's "secret relationships" or why her father is trying to keep her from saving these people through Jack....NOTHING!!!!!

If Fox is going to introduce shows to us, isn't it their responsibility to give us some closure if they decide to cancel them??? We invest our time in these shows. What if ABC did this with Lost??? They go two seasons into it and leave every one of the 1,000 questions we have about the show...well....up in the air, never to be finalized.

It's frustrating to say the least.

Anyway...for all of you that are disappointed they did not see the series finale...don't feel too bad...you'll just get more angry.

I already know that the last episode in no way acts as a series finale because FOX gave no notice to the producers that they were pulling the plug. This is pretty common with cancelled shows (which is really going to suck with American Dreams if NBC cancels it).

I'd still like to see it.
Old 04-22-05, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by jerkfacemike
BWAH-HAHAHAHAHA!! Responsibility?? FOX?? C'mon Mike, it's OBVIOUS that the networks could care less about their audience nowadays. In a perfect world, maybe. Or at least a Tartikoff-managed TV world. Nowadays, hell no.

With this recent development, i'm way past angry.

Last edited by Rogue588; 04-22-05 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-22-05, 03:55 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I'm actually glad I never got in to this show -- saved me a lot of frustration over the past several months.
Old 04-22-05, 04:57 PM

Space Above and Beyond also ended with several questions left unanswered. Fox cancelled that show and they never got to complete the story arc. Too bad.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.