Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox Memory Unit ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-05, 04:05 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xbox Memory Unit ?

anyone know how to save their games on the xbox memory unit (memory card) i have tried for hours it seems like there's no way u can transfer your games from the xbox hardrive to the memory unit. I also cant save games to the memory unit, whenever i save it goes straight through the hardrive ? the reason to why im doing this is because my xbox has tons of defects and i have alot of games saved in my hardrive that i would like to transfer in my new xbox but it seems impossible.
Old 04-21-05, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Some game saves you can't transfer from HD to memory unit... sometimes because of how much space it takes, other times because the developers felt like it (DOA, for example, I think can't be moved) otherwise, IIRC, there's a "memory manager" type of thing when you start up your xbox without a game in it, where you can move stuff to memory card (and it tells you whether or not you can copy it).
Old 04-21-05, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you are trying to transfer downloadable content from xbox live than your are wasting you time. They are too big for the memory card
Old 04-21-05, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also, when copying games, highlight the circle icon, in the rectangle field, below the title of the game, these are your individual save. The larger circle to the left is all the saves for the game and you can' copy these.
Old 04-21-05, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

also if you have a lot of game saves and a bus powered usb hard drive laying around, get the adapter and the xbox looks at it as one hell of a big memory card
Old 04-22-05, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by CDcollectar25
anyone know how to save their games on the xbox memory unit (memory card) i have tried for hours it seems like there's no way u can transfer your games from the xbox hardrive to the memory unit. I also cant save games to the memory unit, whenever i save it goes straight through the hardrive ? the reason to why im doing this is because my xbox has tons of defects and i have alot of games saved in my hardrive that i would like to transfer in my new xbox but it seems impossible.

It depends on the game. Some game saves are too big for the memory card. What game(s) are you trying to save?
Old 04-22-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On the back of the box of most of my games I see that they don't support the memory unit. That's sad. I wanted to take my Burnout 3 save with me to my friend's house.
Old 04-22-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
This will cause a much bigger problem if the Xbox 2 is backward compatible... unless they devise a way to transfer all your saves easily from Xbox to Xbox 2...
Old 04-22-05, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah that's so annoying. I played X-men Legends for several hours over at my brothers place, and it sucked to find out that I can't transfer that game save over to an MU.
Old 04-22-05, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So what's the point of having the memory card again? I bought one after my first XBOX crapped out thinking I could save my nearly competed KOTOR game save on it. Nope. Would't fit. Played it for 40 some hours for nothing. Thanks Bill!
Old 04-22-05, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I transfer mine just in case my HD crashes. I've been lucky in that all but one of my games can transfer to my MC. My Fatal Frame game is too large to transfer, and I haven't even started KOTOR yet and I know that will be too large.

I've heard of a larger MC that's supposed to be released to accommodate these larger save files but I haven't heard of it recently.
Old 04-22-05, 05:45 PM
Cool New Member

Yep same situation with me when my xbox crapped out i thought i could save my ninja gaiden and jade empire files, but no !! but hey more money for bill right
Old 04-25-05, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i have mine all transfered to a USB hard disk plugged into the 4th controller port.