Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Alias -- "Another Mister Sloane" -- 04.20.2005

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-20-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Another Mister Sloane"

Spoiler:
Sydney must ally herself with Sloane in order to catch the man (Joel Grey) who has been impersonating him. But when they discover what the imposter is after, Nadia begins to worry that her father will be tempted to rediscover a past obsession.
Old 04-20-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Well, given that plot summary, it seems our fears
Spoiler:
of a Sloane twin/clone/sibling
are not to become a reality. And I hope we finally fiind out exactly what Spy Daddy and Sloane are up to.
Old 04-20-05, 07:54 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In the last 2 weeks, I've watched the entire first 2 seasons. This show has really fallen off. Just finished season 2, it was quite the ending to the season. Now I guess I'll have nothing to do this weekend but watch season 3. It's really interesting watching the past and current seasons at the same time.
Old 04-20-05, 08:20 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Arvin Clone. Marvin Sloane
Old 04-20-05, 08:21 PM

What is that guy doing to Ensign Ro?!?!? Good lord.
Old 04-20-05, 08:48 PM

Ha! "1200 hours? Jack, it's me, you can say 'noon'."
Old 04-20-05, 08:53 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gee, where have we seen this before? This one looks a little more hip and 21st century though .
Old 04-20-05, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe Ensign Ro needs to go back to "24" because Bauer's better at the torture game.
Old 04-20-05, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sloane needs to get out in the field some more, he's a frikkin' animal when it comes to Rambaldi. He was probably sportin' wood after seeing that big old red golf ball floating in air.
Old 04-20-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Really like this episode and Beserker Sloane was great to see.

But next weeks preview makes me sad.
Spoiler:
I hope they're not pulling a Lost on us and actually make good on this threat. I don't miss Boone but I'd really miss Jack.
Old 04-21-05, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by wetsprockets
Arvin Clone. Marvin Sloane
Rolling Sloanes

Originally Posted by aktick
In the last 2 weeks, I've watched the entire first 2 seasons. This show has really fallen off.
Ain't that the truth. It's hard to believe this is the same show; they're not even remotely in the same universes of quality.

That said, this was a great episode. I loved all the callbacks; the Sark-like killing of those guys in the lift, the red ball o' doom and all the Rambaldi artifacts. You could literally see Sloane drooling Homer Simpson style when they opened the doors to them

I hope 'Arvin Cloane' makes another appearance, we didn't get to see much of him in this one.
Old 04-21-05, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ensign Ro hasn't aged well.

Arvin Clone

That elevator scene was great
Old 04-21-05, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I liked the episode (though I agree it's still not on par with the first two seasons). Marshall and Weiss bring the funny, all the call-backs to Rembaldi, Jack ready to pop a cap in Sloane (and I think SpyDaddy should have at least shot him in the leg for good measure). I still have no idea what Jack and Sloane are up to.
Old 04-21-05, 08:03 AM

I guess I missed it - but what happened to the imposter Sloan at the end? Was he apprehended, captured, or did he escape?
Old 04-21-05, 08:10 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I think he escaped.

A very good episode. I'm really glad Arvin Clone ( ) wasn't a long lost brother.
Old 04-21-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spent the entire episode staring at Ensign Ro and thinking "Man, I *know* her... who is that?"

I guess I should have checked this thread earlier. I guess I should also turn in my official Trekkie badge -- I've dishonored the tribe.

Not a bad episode... but, yes, this show went off the tracks right from the start of Season 3 and has never come back. I started watching them from the beginning a couple of weeks ago (just finished the Superbowl "reboot" episode from S2). This show was so much better back then... S1+2 are just fantastic. S3+4 are watchable, often fun, but not in the same league.
Old 04-21-05, 09:58 AM

I spent the entire episode staring at Ensign Ro and thinking "Man, I *know* her... who is that?"

I guess I should have checked this thread earlier. I guess I should also turn in my official Trekkie badge -- I've dishonored the tribe.
It's OK...she's not all that recognizable from her Star Trek days anymore. I think I only recognized her because she was on 24 a couple of years ago and her voice is really distinctive (even though I'll always know her as "Ensign Ro"). Also, she was cast as the lead in the Global Frequency pilot over the summer/fall, so she's fresh in my mind from that (sadly, WB didn't pick up the show).

This and the Marshall episode were probably the best episodes I've seen all season (I quit watching for a couple of months).
Old 04-21-05, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bboisvert

Not a bad episode... but, yes, this show went off the tracks right from the start of Season 3 and has never come back. I started watching them from the beginning a couple of weeks ago (just finished the Superbowl "reboot" episode from S2). This show was so much better back then... S1+2 are just fantastic. S3+4 are watchable, often fun, but not in the same league.
This is one of the better episodes of the season and this season has been pretty bad. They are definitely getting into the groove way too late!
I recognized Ro Laren right away. She's been in a lot, ie. 24 and Homicide I always wished she had gone over to DS9 like they had planned. i thought she looked good considering her Ro role was what over 10 years ago?
Old 04-21-05, 01:12 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
I thought it was one of the better episodes of the season. This was the first time in a while I've watched an episode and didn't look at the clock to see how much time was left.

Weiss's line to Jack about saying noon instead of 1200 hours great
Old 04-21-05, 06:32 PM

Great episode. Rambaldi!
Old 04-21-05, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bboisvert
this show went off the tracks right from the start of Season 3 and has never come back.
I recently rewatched season 3 and the season overall wasn't bad. Where things go south is toward the last six (give or take) episodes. Then we get this weird reverse red shirt syndrome (when everyone seems incapable of dying), everyone seems to have Ocelot's bullet deflector thing from Metal Gear Solid 2 whenever a shootout occurs, and way too many twists start happening back to back just for the sake of twists. I dunno what happened since the season started out just fine. Then it became the most bizarre acid trip.

This season has been boring up until recently. I hope they can keep it up and improve until it's like the show once was.
Old 04-23-05, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

season 4 started with some good stand alone episodes but it has been getting pretty good with the last 3 or 4 episodes. threres to many people trying to act like season 4 is so bloody awful. and its not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be
Old 04-23-05, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I still watch every episode just to see where the story goes. But I definitely wasn't as 'addicted' to the show as back in season 1. I remember back then I just couldn't wait for the new episode. I dlost that feeling around season 2 or so, but I still continue to watch just to see how the story evolves.
Old 04-25-05, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I had a good chuckle when Sloane stood next to Syd w/ a grin on his face because he was finally working w/ her in the field.

Pretty good - nice to see all the Rambaldi artifacts that we watched them collect for three years. And now poor Nadia is about to lose her Daddy to the dark-side...again.

Spoiler:
And if they kill off Jack, I am going to swear off all things TV.
Old 04-25-05, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
Pretty good - nice to see all the Rambaldi artifacts that we watched them collect for three years. And now poor Nadia is about to lose her Daddy to the dark-side...again.
This is just pure idiotic speculation with no basis in reality (or spoilers) but does anyone think that the clone is Sloane? More than once in the episode someone made reference to the fact that Sloane became a different person when he was on his Rambaldi high so I'm just wondering if some random device actually split his consiousness. Highly implausible I know but I've been watching Angel reruns so my brain is in a different dimension.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.