TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House - 4/19/05

Old 04-19-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
House - 4/19/05

Babies and Bathwater:
Spoiler:
House must deal with two patients - a pregnant woman who is having trouble swallowing and an underweight baby. But he may have more to worry about from Vogler, who is after House and anyone else who gets in his way.
Spoiler:
I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at House's dream!
Old 04-19-05, 10:33 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
No more Vogler!!!!!
Old 04-20-05, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Vogler getting the boot

I wonder if we'll see Cameron come back now?

Cuddy downing the drink
Old 04-20-05, 02:24 AM

About Cameron... the actress who plays her, her name was still in the opening credits. I don't know if that means anything, but wouldn't they remove her if she really was gone from the show?
Old 04-20-05, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't assume her name being in the credits means anything. I still expect her to come back though, just because tv shows don't just drop major characters like that for no apparent reason, especially just when they were building up the tension between her and House.

I thought this was a really good episode. The guy playing the father did a great job in the scene where he had to approve the c-section.
Old 04-20-05, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
People finally got their wish with the whole losing a patient thing and the fact that Vogler is gone as well. I'm assuming Cameron will be back fairly soon and House's dream was just priceless.
Old 04-20-05, 06:48 AM

"Extra jumbo sized coffin" That and when House jumped when he was sneaking into his office to find Vogler standing right behind him.
Old 04-20-05, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoonster
About Cameron... the actress who plays her, her name was still in the opening credits. I don't know if that means anything, but wouldn't they remove her if she really was gone from the show?
I noticed that too. But then again, they do that on Survivor too. I never expected her to be gone for good anyway.

Great episode. Damn, I hope FOX keeps this show and doesn't do another Tru Calling...
Old 04-20-05, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Great episode. I'm certain Cameron will be back. Kudos to the writers for getting rid of the African-American Michelin Man and giving us that great dream sequence.
Old 04-20-05, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That was a good episode. Way to make Vogler even more of a bastard right before him getting the boot.

I hope this isn't the death of continuing stories though. This show works stand alone, but I like it having story threads from ep to ep as well.
Old 04-20-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

House's dream was friggin' brilliant.

Great episode. Hopefully they get Cameron back next week, or atleast attempt to.
Old 04-20-05, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan

Great episode. Damn, I hope FOX keeps this show and doesn't do another Tru Calling...
House is in the top 20 for ratings..true calling..top 100?
Old 04-20-05, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
I noticed that too. But then again, they do that on Survivor too. I never expected her to be gone for good anyway.

House is Fox's highest rated scripted show (Ahead of 24 and The OC, almost combined.), and second highest overall just behind American Idol. Also, it's the channels most consistent show - gaining ratings (whereas Idol is losing ratings).

It seems to be doing good for itself Hope it survives w/o Idol, but considering how strong it's holding up, I highly doubt it'd have a problem (and it's damn compelling TV).
Old 04-20-05, 04:06 PM

I jumped in like 10 min in. What was house's dream?
Old 04-20-05, 07:52 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
House and Vogler are sitting in House's office and House tells Vogler he has cancer that's spread to his liver. Vogler thanks House for being so good to him and says he's is sorry for how he has treated him. Vogler asks House if there is any hope that he'll survive and House says sure, but just in case he ordered an extra jumbo-sized coffin.

Pretty good episode.

Glad Vogler is gone.
Old 04-20-05, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

despite vogler leaving, I hope they continue to advance some kind of inter-episode story arc
Old 04-21-05, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
House and Vogler are sitting in House's office and House tells Vogler he has cancer that's spread to his liver. Vogler thanks House for being so good to him and says he's is sorry for how he has treated him. Vogler asks House if there is any hope that he'll survive and House says sure, but just in case he ordered an extra jumbo-sized coffin.

Pretty good episode.

Glad Vogler is gone.

Funny, thanks!
Old 04-21-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RoQuEr
despite vogler leaving, I hope they continue to advance some kind of inter-episode story arc
Me too. I'm not sure why everyone is so glad he's gone. It finally broke up the repetition of the show.
Old 04-21-05, 02:57 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Roto
Me too. I'm not sure why everyone is so glad he's gone. It finally broke up the repetition of the show.
I agree, but I'm not sure how much longer they could've played it out.
Old 04-21-05, 08:12 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The problem with the Vogler story is that they made him too much of an asshole too soon. By, what, the third episode he's in he's forcing House to fire someone?

My problem with this week's episode is that so many prominent doctors were all too stupid to see that Vogler's attempt to vote out Wilson could easily apply to any and all of them. Cutty most especially should have seen that. It shouldn't have taken a speech from her for the rest of the board to see it, they should have immediately said to themselves, "He's going to vote out Wilson just for disagreeing with him! He could easily do that to me on any issue. But if we all oppose voting Wilson out, he can't do anything." Instead they voted him out. Come on.
Old 04-22-05, 04:38 PM

I think the first time around they were just looking at the money Vogler gave to them. I think it took the speech from Cuddy for everything to really sink in and than they made the right choice to get ride of the guy. I think the Vogler character might have done better had they gotten a different actor to play him. The one thing I really missed in this episode was Cameron. She really adds a lot to the cases and without her in the discussions they were missing something.
Old 04-22-05, 05:17 PM

Real world, losing 100 Million means losing not only research funds, etc., but people in your hospital as well. So bec. of the abbreviated nature of the show, it may have been simplified with just voting yes or no. Given that, I like how they did it. Actually, being used to shows like 24 with continuing storylines, I would have favored this ending with the removal of the docs, and getting the comeuppance in the next show instead. But thats just me.

But really, I like this show a lot. I don't watch other series like 24 and Alias bec. I'm waiting on dvds to come out. But even if I've watched all of the shows for this series, I'm sure I'm getting the dvds as well! Also, since dvds aren't HD, I thought I'll be missing out some on how good the show looks if I don't watch this now. Well, that goes true with other series as well, I guess. But you can only watch so many shows every week!
Old 04-25-05, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
The problem with the Vogler story is that they made him too much of an asshole too soon. By, what, the third episode he's in he's forcing House to fire someone?

My problem with this week's episode is that so many prominent doctors were all too stupid to see that Vogler's attempt to vote out Wilson could easily apply to any and all of them. Cutty most especially should have seen that. It shouldn't have taken a speech from her for the rest of the board to see it, they should have immediately said to themselves, "He's going to vote out Wilson just for disagreeing with him! He could easily do that to me on any issue. But if we all oppose voting Wilson out, he can't do anything." Instead they voted him out. Come on.
on both points.

I liked this ep, but the scenes w/ the board just had me scratching my head. And when they kept agreeing w/ the wannabe-dictator after his whole "House's fiefdom" spiel, I was scratching my head even more.

Anyhow - House's dream sequence to start to the show was a great touch.

And the medical case was a tear-jerker. Damn them!