Veronica Mars - 4-19 - *Guest Star Alyson Hannigan*

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-05, 12:44 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Veronica Mars - 4-19 - *Guest Star Alyson Hannigan*

Here is tonight's episodes...
Spoiler:
"Hot Dogs" -- While helping her classmate Mandy search for her missing Jack Russell terrier, Veronica stumbles onto a bigger mystery, which affects pets all over Neptune, Calif., on VERONICA MARS, Tuesday, April 19 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on UPN. Nick Marck directed the episode from a script by Dayna Lynne North.

Meanwhile, tensions mount in the Echolls family as Trina (guest star Alyson Hannigan) tries to convince the now-retired Aaron (guest star Harry Hamlin) to take a part in her new boyfriend's independent movie. Later, Weevil is arrested for breaking into the Kane residence and taking something from Lilly's room.

Only 3 more left after this...We find out a few big things as well. Who raped Veronica? Who killed Lily? Who ate Keith's CRUNCH bar?
Old 04-19-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Alyson
Old 04-19-05, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Idiot question, but is this show alright to start watching this late in the season? its a show, i've wanted to catch in forever but never have gotten around to it. or should i just wait for dvd.
Old 04-19-05, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since they're going to start wrapping up some of the mysteries pretty soon (maybe even starting tonight?), I say wait for the DVDs (assuming they come...which they better!). It's also a little like Buffy where there are a lot of characters and you're better off being introduced to them by watching from the beginning.

Last edited by areacode212; 04-19-05 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-19-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by areacode212
Since they're going to start wrapping up some of the mysteries pretty soon (maybe even starting tonight?), I say wait for the DVDs (assuming they come...which they better!). It's also a little like Buffy where there are a lot of characters and you're better off being introduced to them by watching from the beginning.

I've heard rumors of a late summer/early fall DVD release to hype season 2. I'm hoping they go through with it since that pattern has seemed to have worked with other teen friendly shows like The OC and Smallville (both also WB productions).
Old 04-20-05, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I couldn't help LOL at Aaron kicking the crap out of Dillon.

So, Weevil passed notes, and Logan suggested the same thing to Veronica. Did Logan know of the notes being passed between Weevil and Lily? I guess that's what gave Veronica that puzzled look at the end.
Old 04-20-05, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It feels like they get more done during the 44 or so minutes the show is on, than any other show I've watched. I kept thinking there was no way all the stories were gonna get resolved (than ones that could be, that is).

Alyson looked a whole lot better this time and I totally thought she and the bf had planned on making her look liked she'd been beaten to get the dad in the film.

I still have a hard time not thinking she's Willow. That has to suck for her.

Keith just has to be Veronica's real dad...I hope.

The more you know about Lily, the less you care that someone killed her.

It sure seems like they have set up a lot of complicated storylines for the last 3 shows. It's harder to follow than the X-files.

Glad to see Mac will be back in the next show. She seems to fit more than Alyson...unless they set Alyson up to be next season's Big Bad.

It's a great show and probably will only get better, but I really thought that the nerd girl was too much of a caricature for smart show like this one.

Anyone recognize where they filmed when she was at Dog Beach? There are several in San Diego and the one I've seen them film at before was Ocean Beach, but that didn't look anything like OB.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 04-20-05 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-20-05, 02:12 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Patman
I couldn't help LOL at Aaron kicking the crap out of Dillon.

So, Weevil passed notes, and Logan suggested the same thing to Veronica. Did Logan know of the notes being passed between Weevil and Lily? I guess that's what gave Veronica that puzzled look at the end.
I thought the puzzle look was because she figured out what Weevil wanted to steal, the pen.
Old 04-20-05, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Patman
I think she it just dawned on her that Weevil was picked up with a pen, and she gave him a pencil.
Old 04-20-05, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I still think Veronica already knew that Weevil went back for the pen, but it's the connection between what Logan said about passing notes (and stealing kisses in the mop closet) and Weevil looking for the pen that gave her the puzzled look.
Old 04-20-05, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Alyson looked a whole lot better this time and I totally thought she and the bf had planned on making her look liked she'd been beaten to get the dad in the film.
I was thinking she was scamming too. Too bad Logan didn't get a few shots in on the boyfriend.

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
The more you know about Lily, the less you care that someone killed her.
True dat. She's hasn't come off well.
Old 04-20-05, 01:02 PM
Suspended

Would anyone want a "Who killed Lily Kane thread" started up next week (since there would be 2 more episodes left)? There are alot of clues and such to discuss, may be interesting... I will bring the punch and pie.
Old 04-20-05, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just watched it this afternoon, yet another great episode.

I like seeing Logan and Veronica together, especially since his character has really grown on me over the course of the show. He started a whiny, spoiled, Cordelia-esque character (for those who watched early Buffy) to a much more rounded character, especially compared to best friend Duncan.
Spoiler:
However, I'm wondering if this isn't a ruse to keep us from suspecting Logan killed Lily out of jealousy and Logan is now trying to get close to Veronica to throw her off the tracks or even do her in also. We've seen how angry Logan gets when Veronica and his sister were threatened, so he would probably be the kind of guy who would snap if he found out if someone were cheating on him. Just a thought.
Old 04-20-05, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even though he has an airtight alibi, Logan seems like he is a good bet for the killer, or at least the one who raped Veronica. I am leaning towards the latter.

This Weevil thing has got me confused, since I can't really figure out where he fits into everything. Maybe he is the killer. I don't know why the coverup though. Maybe because the parents found Duncan there during one of his creepy phases and assumed that he did it? Maybe he found Lilly dead and held her, which got the blood on his clothes, which is why they were washed. Who knows?
Old 04-20-05, 09:13 PM
Suspended

I can't see them begging Logan as the killer. He is such a great character, I wouldn't want to lose him next season.
Old 04-20-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not to get off topic, but Gizmo, I think next week would be perfect to start the "Who Killed Lilly?" thread. I'm curious to share theories with others, so long as no one spoils the true ending.
Old 04-21-05, 01:05 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Good episode

Can't wait for the all the questions to be answered.
Old 04-21-05, 01:10 AM
Suspended

Nitro, I don't think the killer will get leaked...If so, I will post not to post the thread. I figured since after next weeks episode, we have Who Raped Veronica, and then Who Killed Lily...So its settled. Next week!
Old 04-21-05, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This show continues to knock my socks off. Never in a million years would I have thoughtt I would actually grow to like Logan. Yeah, they do pack a lot of story in 44 mins. Another good ep.

The girl who's dog was stolen was so odd (but I guess that was her point).

Yay! for Deputy Dipshit's role being scaled back (hopefully). Something about the way he talks get on my nerves.

And I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I really don't care for Hannigan's role on this show. She's too much "the cute adorable" one for me to buy into all this damage.

Wallace continues to be one of the most likeable cats on T.V. I kind of like the fact that he and Veronica truly are just platonic friends and we aren't just waiting for the ep when that changes.
Old 04-21-05, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am not a big fan of Hannigan on the show either.

I agree that I would hate to see Logan's character leave, but there is just something in his positioning in the episodes that worries me. Maybe Weevil is one of the guilty parties. Who knows?
Old 04-21-05, 10:19 PM

Dude, Logan is so the killer!!

and there will be this big dramatic ending, ala Angel/Buffy end of season 2, where the big bad turns out to be the hereo's true love, but Veronica, who will fully have the power to not turn Logan in, will in the end show her faith to her character by turning Logan in, even though it will be painfully easy for her to frame Weevil, she will give up her love!!

also, after this week's episode, anyone buy that veronica knows its Logan that raped her and who is also the killer and that she is simply getting close to Logan to get unadulterated proof he did it!!??

Or is that too evil for even veronica??

Im interested to see...
Why Duncan ran away (obviously not the killer)
Why wallace's mom cant date keith???

Where the hell did they film the Dog Beach scene??? way to ghetto for SD to have any kind of pinup board on it! Im betting its a coastline more by mexico or up by LA!

I love that I stayed on Ocean beach last spring break thanx to my friends rich relatives out there!! I layed ont he same beach where veronica's feet have walked,ok I'm 23 gonna stop being a loser now!!
Old 04-22-05, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I just watched my tape of the episode. This show is my OC this year. The first season of the OC was one that I love and could watch constanly. Veronica Mars gives me the same joy. I love this show. I just hope that the last three episodes gives us a good payoff and that the second season is better than the second season of the OC.

I don't think Logan will be the killer or the rapist because he is such a fan favorite character. I just keep paralleling Logan to Spike on Buffy.

I will be very upset if Keith isn't Veronica's father.
I remember Rob Thomas saying in his interview that Kristen Bell figured out who the killer is early on. It must be one of the main cast members then. I just don't know who killed Lily and who raped Veronica. At least I won't have to wait long only 3 episodes left.
Old 04-22-05, 02:18 AM
Suspended

Early on you say? Hmm... I guess introductions of new characters wouldn't matter then. I think either Lianne (Veronica's Mom), or Meg (Duncans new GF) killed Lily. Next week when I start the "Who do you thin killed Lily thread", I will explain.
Old 04-22-05, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't see Veronica keeping Logan as a boyfriend should he be the rapist. That type of Luke and Laura storyline wouldn't work in today's day and age, especially with the demographics for this show.

I